Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Pansy Tutorial

Griffin Dove
2008-08-08, 12:13pm
Mitra Friant has submitted a Pansy Tutorial to www.betterbeadmaking.com (http://www.betterbeadmaking.com)
and it has been posted.

Deanna

Ever After
2008-08-08, 1:03pm
love her pansies, I think her first pansies I saw on another forum...inspired my sculptural ones alot!

theglasszone
2008-08-08, 10:12pm
Ooooo!!! These are very darling...and a distinctively different result than Laurie's as well. It's great to have BOTH - it gives options for various applications. These would definitely look really cute in a cluster (bouquet) type of smaller encased bead.

Thanks so much for sharing the link, Deanna!

DeAnne in CA

Kybeadmaker
2008-08-10, 11:31am
Mitra is the one who taught me how to make pansies several years ago. Her tutorial is great !

glassbead
2008-08-14, 1:15pm
Oh, I've gotta go look. Deanna posted one of my tutorials there a while ago- about making cut disk beads. I was (and still am) pretty excited!

Scraphappy
2008-08-15, 8:37pm
Can somebody please post a link I cant connect to the tutorial please..I'm dieing to try the pansy tutorial it's so cute...
Tootles

Raven Wylder
2008-08-16, 2:13pm
You have to register in the website, once you do, it goes to another page of tutorials.

Nice site Deanna! Thanks for putting it all together!

Scraphappy
2008-08-19, 3:54pm
You don't have to register.
Just go to this link HERE (http://www.betterbeadmaking.com/tutorials.html)

susiekline
2008-08-19, 4:34pm
I tried making one of these beads and ended up with a mess! haha My problem: my pansy looks great on one side. But when I go to melt it in, my bead is lopsided. So I try melting it round and it all runs...a gravity bead.

Any suggestions? I feel like a complete moron for not being able to figure this out on my own! [groan]

ziggys
2008-08-19, 10:55pm
Wonderful tutorial Mitra! Thanks for posting it Deanna. I've always wanted to make Pansies. Yippee! And I was searching for something to use a color combo I am experimenting using layered dots, so this was perfect to try it on! Cool Beans!

ziggys
2008-08-19, 11:06pm
I tried making one of these beads and ended up with a mess! haha My problem: my pansy looks great on one side. But when I go to melt it in, my bead is lopsided. So I try melting it round and it all runs...a gravity bead.

Any suggestions? I feel like a complete moron for not being able to figure this out on my own! [groan]

I'm not sure I understand your question but just in case, the key for me seems to be making sure I have the glass balanced on each side before I encase it. If I put something on one side it has to have the same amount of glass on the other.
If you want a pansy only on one side of your bead, maybe a flat bead like the first picture <?> (I think that was the one) in the tutorial might work best.
Oh! And a lot of times when my bead is wonky shaped after encasing, even after I try adding more clear to balace it out again, I use the Long and Lean Kalara Zoozii press and it distributes the glass into a nice shaped bead! It saves the day on many of my encased beads. :)
Edited to add that I think what your trying is the hardest part about encasing. I know some people use the Osibin
graphite shaper: http://arrowsprings.com/html/shaping_tools.html, to get a nice shaped encased bead. To me using a flat marver to make a round bead is hard! I really want this tool so I don't end up with so many pressed encased beads.

FWIW,
Angela

susiekline
2008-08-20, 9:59am
Thanks, Angela. I was trying to do 1 pansy. My base bead was too small for 2! haha I'm going to try this on a flat bead. What a great idea!

Thanks,
susie