Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Reenie Rocks!

DesertDreamer
2008-08-23, 3:55pm
I placed an order midweek with Flame Kissed Glass. Reenie told me last week that she expected the new CIM purples in on Monday. Woohoo! I got all the purples and a few more colors. They arrived today, nicely packed and ready to play.

Thank you, Reenie, for such fast, safe service. I can't wait to play tomorrow!!!

Reenie
2008-08-23, 4:10pm
WHOO HOO! I love it when the post office does it right! Have fun playing and show your bead beauties!
Can I ask you a question???
You use a midrange on natural gas???? Does it have to be a premix or would it work with surface mix as well? Anddd while I'm at it....How many lpms does your oxy con have?
I have two 5 lpms that are more like 8 or so???
I've seen the midrange and wondering how that would compare to a betta. I know the GTT's don't like natural gas:-(
Any advice???

DesertDreamer
2008-08-23, 6:17pm
Hiya Reenie!

The Midrange itself is a surface mix. If you get a Midrange Plus you get the option of a premix (similar to a National, and it takes all the regular National tips), or a bare-bones Minor on top. I opted for the premix because it gets wonderfully hot for boro, OR you can put a pinpoint tip on for fine detail work.

Paulette did a lot of research a few years ago, and I believe she found that two concentrators was just fine for the Midrange itself. I'd bet they could power the premix, too, but I'm not certain.

IMO the Midrange is better suited to natural gas than to propane. It's a very dirty torch on propane, with a lot of carbon buildup on the face. With NG that almost never happens, even with a long-running reduction flame. It's more powerful on tanked oxygen, but my Onyx+ does a good job. I think it's supposed to be 10-12 lpm.

JoyceMI
2008-09-18, 7:33pm
Chiming in here to agree.

Excellent service. Oreded pretty late monday night and got it today, Thursday. Thanks for the quick ship. Plus I was glad to see I was able to find what all I was looking for at the moment on one sight. That is usually an issue and I know its gonna be tough to find that all the time. You had one of the CIM colors that other sellers were out of. Plus the bead release I wanted AND copper mesh to boot! LOL Thanks again.
Joyce

Reenie
2008-09-18, 11:02pm
Thanks Karen for the Midrange info! I'll have to figure out what torch I want :-)

Joyce...glad you were able to get what you needed. Have fun playing with the glass and have a great weekend both of you!

Carmen Isaacs
2008-10-07, 8:39am
Very good service, thanks!

rosebud101
2008-10-08, 6:19pm
Yes, Reenie really rocks! I love the customer service there!