Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Who has tubing -- both boro & soft?

Beckah
2008-08-28, 9:08am
I just got Sandy's wonderful new Pleated Bead Tutorial and I need 8-12 mm tubing.

I want to try the vessels in both soft and boro. And I think that I have at least a small sampling of every COE of glass:shock: so I'd like to find any tubing from boro to Satake -- although boro & Bullseye would be my first choice.

Thanks for everyone's help.

dogmaw
2008-08-28, 9:50am
It can be hard to find soft glass tubing. But you can make your own! Just coil pot the color on the end of a hollow tube, blow it out long, then open the end. Ok, well maybe that isn't "just" but you get the idea. :)

Rose
2008-08-28, 10:31am
I remember seeing soft glass tubing at CR Loo. Glasscraft has boro tubing. Actually boro tubing will be easy to find. But for colored you'd most likely want the chinese stuff. Glasscraft has that, also I think.

Beckah
2008-08-28, 1:06pm
Thanks, Jo, for the tip.

Rose, do you know if it is easy to just drop in and buy glass at Glasscraft? We're going to be out in Colorado in a couple of weeks and I was debating about going by there.

Kris Schaible
2008-08-29, 5:25am
Check out Wale they have boro color and clear.waleapparatus
They are super nice and are full of info.

Beckah
2008-08-29, 7:28am
Check out Wale they have boro color and clear.waleapparatus
They are super nice and are full of info.

Thanks for the recommendation. They didn't have soft glass tubing -- I'm still hoping for a place where I can get both. But they did have lots of other goodies!

Wedhatted
2008-08-29, 8:34am
Try here.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elegance_1
2008-08-29, 8:51am
I have boro tubing for sale. Left overs from a buy I made and also from the 2 bulk buys I've hosted (another coming in September)

This is what I have left to sell:

25 lbs or more 9.53 mm x 2 mm thick wall tubing, 49" length - $2.00 ea
8 ea 19 mm x 3.2 mm thick wall tubing, 59" length - $6.65 ea
1 ea 19 mm x 3.2 mm thick wall tubing, 58" length - $6.65
5 ea 22 mm x 3.2 mm thick wall tubing, 59" length - $7.40 ea

Prices are waayyy below retail and a smidgen above case prices. :)

I rounded up to the nearest 0 or 5. Prices do not include mailing costs.

These will be cut to mail out as I did in the bulk buy.

Let me know if you are interested. I can get them ready for you and mail them out on Tuesday (going away for the weekend)

I'll be posting these in the garage sale sometime this afternoon or evening.

Bullseye tubing???? Sounds interesting but I've never seen THAT

Beckah
2008-08-29, 9:33am
I just PM'd you because I know I want some of the 9.53mm. I just wasn't sure if your pricing is per rod or per pound. And I'm glad to see that it'll be cut!

And I looked through the Bullseye catalog and they don't have tubing.

And if anyone is lurking and you haven't seen Sandy's posts, she spoke with Bill at Moretti and More. He's going to order the Lauscha tubing from CR Loo and cut it into 12" pieces to sell by the rod, 1/4 lb or pound.

Elegance_1
2008-08-29, 10:31am
All the prices are per tube. It's easier that way because once cut down, you don't actually get even pounds on each tube or on a couple of tubes (if you're talking about the 9 mm.) That one weighs about 1/3 lb for each tube.

MaryBeth
2008-08-29, 11:12am
I just PM'd you because I know I want some of the 9.53mm. I just wasn't sure if your pricing is per rod or per pound. And I'm glad to see that it'll be cut!

And I looked through the Bullseye catalog and they don't have tubing.

And if anyone is lurking and you haven't seen Sandy's posts, she spoke with Bill at Moretti and More. He's going to order the Lauscha tubing from CR Loo and cut it into 12" pieces to sell by the rod, 1/4 lb or pound.

People who use tubing with Bullseye use tubing made for neon signs. It is around 90COE. I don't know where to buy it though!

Beckah
2008-08-29, 12:04pm
People who use tubing with Bullseye use tubing made for neon signs. It is around 90COE. I don't know where to buy it though!

Thanks for the info! I'll have to google a bit and see what I turn up.