Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Jen-Ken/Bartlett controller question

Sherri*S
2008-09-06, 10:49am
Since it's Saturday and I can't contact Jen-Ken til Monday, I thought I'd pose the question here in the meantime. My kiln is broken :pout:. I thought I had turned it on to preheat this morning, but when I went back to the studio a few hours later it had "Err1" in the window.

I hadn't turned it on in about 2 weeks - I tried turning it on again, did the usual start-button-pushing routine, the little green "on" light flashed on for about a second, and then immediately went out. No error message in the window, just the kiln temperature displayed. Nothing else happened. All 4 of my programs did the same thing.

Does anyone have an idea what may be wrong? Or what I could be checking in the meantime?

Now since I can't torch, I might actually have to force myself to CLEAN my studio!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock: .... um ..... nah! I guess today is stringer/twistie/murrini day.

Dennis Brady
2008-09-06, 1:17pm
Since it's Saturday and I can't contact Jen-Ken til Monday, I thought I'd pose the question here in the meantime. My kiln is broken :pout:. I thought I had turned it on to preheat this morning, but when I went back to the studio a few hours later it had "Err1" in the window.

I hadn't turned it on in about 2 weeks - I tried turning it on again, did the usual start-button-pushing routine, the little green "on" light flashed on for about a second, and then immediately went out. No error message in the window, just the kiln temperature displayed. Nothing else happened. All 4 of my programs did the same thing.

Does anyone have an idea what may be wrong? Or what I could be checking in the meantime?

Now since I can't torch, I might actually have to force myself to CLEAN my studio!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock: .... um ..... nah! I guess today is stringer/twistie/murrini day.

Err1 message on a Bartlett means either the elements or the rely have stopped working. It could be either, but it's most likely the relay. If you have for awhile been hearing a buzzing sound from the controller, it's almost definitely the relay. No big deal. Relay failure is common on all kilns. You should be able to buy a replacement relay from any kiln maker for about $25. and it takes only minutes to replace.

Sherri*S
2008-09-06, 3:09pm
Thanks, Dennis! I havent really noticed a buzzing noise, but that probably wouldn't be something I'd notice anyway, lol. Good to know it's probably going to be an easy fix :)

Jenn L'Rhe
2008-09-07, 9:22am
Sherri:

Try here: http://www.carlton-bates.com/

Much less than $25, suggest ordering a couple...have a spare on hand for the next time and save down time and shipping. They ship fast too.