Leah Fairbanks Workshop
www.leahfairbanks.com

March 7th & 8th 2009

Hot Shops Art Center - Crystal Forge Studio
1312 Izard St, Omaha, NE

$375 per student

Register with Ed at the Crystal Forge Studio
402-578-1081

In this workshop, Leah will increase your skill level and expand your knowledge of beadmaking. Some of the techniques that will be covered will include floral and cased canes, surface decorations, feathering, several different types of latticino canes and clear casing. There will be an emphasis placed on design, color blending, and precise application of surface decorations with a focus on florals, perfecting your bead shapes and refining ends.

You will be using Effetre glass rods from Italy, Bullseye glass from the USA and Satake glass from Japan. A variety of materials will be provided to experiment with, including palladium and gold leaf, fine silver wire, silver foil, glass powers, multi-colored handmade frit, and dichroic glass.

Leah's style of teaching balances demonstration with one-on-one attention. Throughout the workshop, students will be assisted with their individual needs.

Students should be intermediate to advanced level, comfortable working on a propane/oxygen mix torch, and have good working control of their glass.

LoriBird
2009-02-08, 7:26am
I talked to Ed last nite.......There are only 4 spots left in this class.

LoriBird
2009-02-15, 5:54am
3 Spots left

LoriBird
2009-03-03, 4:56am
Still a couple of openings.

LoriBird
2009-03-05, 10:39am
Leah Fairbanks Meet and Greet--this Friday, March 6, 6-8 P.M.
at Crystal Forge.

Leah plans on having beads to purchase.

Come meet Leah!

aimee
2009-03-05, 11:03am
I'm going to be working on the new house but I'll have to try and get away and stop over. It's only a couple minutes to Ed's from my house.

LoriBird
2009-03-05, 12:00pm
Hey tell Matt I'm bringing cookies from Tracy's Kitchen. He loved them when I brought them for someone elses reception...can't remember who's......I won't be there until 6:30-7 I work until 5:30ish....bleh. I HATE working fridays.........I wish I didn't like my job so much..LOL