Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Butterfly Fish murrine tutorial by Greg Chase

ChaseDesigns
2008-09-24, 2:17pm
Greg and I have put together a 35 page step by step tutorial for making a butterfly fish murrine. You can find it here:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15557597

theglasszone
2008-09-24, 3:11pm
Hi Deanna~~~

Oooo, you knew just where to entice us!!! One question...I checked your link, and the listing indicates that instruction on making an "eye" cane is included. Is this for a "fish" eye, or a "human" one...

I've made about a dozen human eye murrini - all look OK but not exactly what I'm aiming for yet. I DO think that what I need to really do this right is to get myself the larger steel punties (like those shown on Noodlesaurus' site).

Please elaborate on the eye thing for me when you can...

DeAnne

ChaseDesigns
2008-09-24, 3:18pm
Hi Deanna~~~

Oooo, you knew just where to entice us!!! One question...I checked your link, and the listing indicates that instruction on making an "eye" cane is included. Is this for a "fish" eye, or a "human" one...

I've made about a dozen human eye murrini - all look OK but not exactly what I'm aiming for yet. I DO think that what I need to really do this right is to get myself the larger steel punties (like those shown on Noodlesaurus' site).

Please elaborate on the eye thing for me when you can...

DeAnne

It's for the fish eye. I bet I can get Greg to do a human eye in the future though. I'll tell him. We use 1/4 inch steel punties. :-)

theglasszone
2008-09-24, 8:23pm
Oh, thanks Deanna for clarifying...

Your tutorial looks gorgeous! I just love all fishies... :)

I've played with a lot of murrini - I've not tried fish yet (I was blessed with a RAOGK of Ryan's Tutorial a while back) but I think the key to success will be to have good punties! I appreciate you sharing what you use; I'm looking forward to getting some larger steel ones (the boro just don't like me - I either crack them or there's residual boro that sticks to the murrini when pulling and I sort of wreck them!)

A human eye - I've tried so many times - would just be fabulous! I'm sure there are secrets...I've gotten pretty close, but using 1/8" steel mandrels on a 3/4" gather just doesn't cut it!

Best of luck with your tutorial!
DeAnne in CA

killerbeedz1
2008-09-24, 8:54pm
Can you show a picture of the murrini?

ChaseDesigns
2008-09-24, 9:12pm
Can you show a picture of the murrini?

sure

It best to look at it under glass, so I will show both. Both chips shown are from the cane he made while making this tutorial :-) This first pic is a close up in a marble.

ChaseDesigns
2008-09-24, 9:15pm
Oh, thanks Deanna for clarifying...

Your tutorial looks gorgeous! I just love all fishies... :)

I've played with a lot of murrini - I've not tried fish yet (I was blessed with a RAOGK of Ryan's Tutorial a while back) but I think the key to success will be to have good punties! I appreciate you sharing what you use; I'm looking forward to getting some larger steel ones (the boro just don't like me - I either crack them or there's residual boro that sticks to the murrini when pulling and I sort of wreck them!)

A human eye - I've tried so many times - would just be fabulous! I'm sure there are secrets...I've gotten pretty close, but using 1/8" steel mandrels on a 3/4" gather just doesn't cut it!

Best of luck with your tutorial!
DeAnne in CA

You're welcome. Greg doesn't use boro for that very reason. Thanks

pegz
2008-09-27, 6:19am
Awesome! I can't wait to get it, YAY!