Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Totally Lazy Color Question

DesertDreamer
2008-09-28, 8:05pm
I just discovered the cool stuff that warm yellow does over black (vibrant blue-greens, wow!). I'm sure almost everyone else knows about it but me since I've never been all that experimental with boro. Would someone be willing to save me some time and let me know if the warm yellow does stuff like that with other colors? I don't have a lot of the yellow so I really don't want to waste it. I absolutely cannot buy any more glass for at least a few months. <pout>

Deb
2008-09-28, 8:21pm
I didn't know that either, but I'm a newbie to boro!

Karen Hardy
2008-09-28, 8:49pm
I didn't know about that one either!

However, I will tell you that warm yellow over reds makes
for spectacular pinks and fuchsias.
Try over cherrywood, ruby, etc.

DesertDreamer
2008-09-28, 8:54pm
I didn't know about that one either!

However, I will tell you that warm yellow over reds makes
for spectacular pinks and fuchsias.
Try over cherrywood, ruby, etc.

Ooooh way cool! Thanks! I have a cherrywood short I can play with. :)

I discovered the yellow over black thing when I was making a twistie. I have a little bitty spacer with the warm yellow over black. I'll shoot it & post it tomorrow. It's a lot like some of the soft glass silvered reactions. Apply the yellow over the black, let it cool, then start flashing it into a neutral flame. The blue-green develops after a few flashes.

Karen Hardy
2008-09-28, 9:00pm
Oooohhh. can't wait to see it!

Rose
2008-09-29, 5:08am
I got that reaction when I did scrolling on black with either butterscotch or caramel, not sure, but both may work. It's a nice effect. In fact, I'm going to make a perfume bottle with it.

lavendar420
2008-09-29, 5:04pm
I know that yellow is basically just silver + clear glass & its supposed to generally do interesting things when used over darker colors. The whole reflected light vs transmitted light thingie.

e. mort
2008-09-29, 6:22pm
In a pinch you can make your own yellow by lightly fuming a clear rod with silver, encasing it with clear, and then mixing it well.

DFS
2008-09-30, 4:25pm
Newbie question: Is the warm yellow you are referring to made by a specific company?

Thanks.

Joyce

Rob
2008-09-30, 4:49pm
I figured she meant warm yellow from GA.

DFS
2008-09-30, 6:37pm
Thanks Rob. I just put in an order yesterday. Guess it will have to wait until next time.

Joyce

vega
2008-10-01, 7:20pm
NS Yellow frit does the same thing. I make some balln spiral galaxy pendants with it. Over blue moon or turbo cobalt it does a holographic look where it looks like it extends ghosty tendrils out that are extensions of the darker color, very fun stuff.

DesertDreamer
2008-10-06, 11:22am
I got all caught up on making beads and avoided my camera for a few days. :-\" Here's the pix of that very simple test bead with Onyx and NS Warm Yellow. I wasn't sure it was NS at first, but the rod is very different-looking than GA's Warm Yellow...GA's looks "seeded" but the NS appears to be clear. The only reason I noticed anything "funny" was because I'd set it down and noticed a bit of bluish haze at the tip. Sorry for the picture quality..DS stole one of my lights.