Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Will Menzies Marble Madness Class At Abr

ROSSGLASS
2008-10-29, 3:49pm
STILL HAVE A COUPLE SPOTS LEFT CALL TODAY IF YOU ARE INTERESETED!!!

CALL 812-339-9147 TO REGISTER CLASS IS 11-8+9-2008 COST IS $325 FOR BOTH DAYS INCLUDIUNG LUNCH BOTH DAYS!

Class Itinerary for Marble Madness 2-Day Course I. Basic shop safety 1. Torch and regulator set up and maintenance 2. Ventilation 3. Clean-up procedures II. Basic marble shaping & finishing 1. Shaping gathers 2. Marble molds and applications 3. cold punties and finishing III. Cane and Dichroic 1. Basic cane (ribbon and latticino) techniques 2. Dichroic applications a. encasement b. cane building(ribbon and flat) c. galaxy twists end day 1 IV. Internal techniques 1. Vortex 2. Implosion patterns a.rosettes b.flowers c.seaforms V. Outside pattern work 1. Colored boroslicate a. flame atmospheres b. proper application of colors c. striking and reducing colors 2. Cane application and manipulation a. dot patterns( flowers, paisley, bubble trap and scale patterns) b. Raking patterns VI. Applying back patterns 1. Different types a. full backs b. banded c. skirts BIO: Flow Studios is the combined effort of Wil Menzies and Jennifer Quaid. In their studio, located in rural East Texas, they flamework one of a kind marbles and vessels. Wil began his glass career 6 years ago under the guidance of Bob and Marie Snodgrass in Oregon. He then moved to Seattle, where he ran his first production studio until moving back to Texas in 2000. Jennifer and Wil also publish the premier flameworking journal, The Flow. None of this would be possible without the help of their two beautiful children, Trey and Alexandra.

HERE IS A LINK TO REGISTER AND FOR SOME OF WILL'S MARBLE PICTURES

http://www.dichroicimagery.com/classes/calendar.php?op=cal&month=11&year=2008&catview=0

cone12flat
2008-10-29, 4:09pm
but if will started under Bob 6 years ago and then went to Seattle in 2000, at the very least he has been blowing glass for 8 years.......??????

I assited Will's class 20 years ago, I mean 3 years ago, and all I can say is go and sign up right now he is as good as it gets!

boxfan willy
2008-10-31, 6:32am
Josh,

First, I am 2800 years young. Originator of the wrap and rake. I was Bob's apprentice over 30 years ago, before Bob started blowing glass. Wow, how time flies. I thought we did that class around 25 years ago.

Seriously, started at Bob's in 1998, then to Seattle in 99, working as a furnace tech during the day and lampworking by night. That is an old bio that I need to update.The class will be loads of fun, with several new techniques with opals and dichroic that I have been working on. I can't wait to see Ross's new place.

Come on out and let's have a party. Wreck Ross's new shop. Cody and Dave will love it.

Respect,

"boxfan" Wil Menzies
www.theflowmagazine.com

ROSSGLASS
2008-10-31, 8:55am
yes I promise a good time!!!

Byrdbeads
2008-11-17, 3:30am
How in the heck did I miss seeing this??? and they are not too far from me either, well poo!

Robyn

Hope y'all had a great time!