Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Bead Release Question

Toozygoot
2005-06-29, 5:20am
This may sound like a stupid question but I have to ask anyway. Does bead release go bad? I had mixed up some Alice's a year ago and never used it. I just looked at the jar and it's evaporated a lot. But it should still be good right? And can someone tell me where to buy more? I have a ton of HOtline but really want to try Alice's since everyone likes it so much.

Thanks!
pat

beadstillmyheart
2005-06-29, 5:28am
According to some site I looked at yesterday it doesn't go bad and can be reconstituted. Just add water and shake.

Toozygoot
2005-06-29, 5:33am
Thanks Kenddra! That's what I thought but I just didn't want to dip a whole bunch of mandrels, etc. and find out that I'd wasted my time.

pat

Cosmo
2005-06-29, 5:37am
I have had some bead release here for over a year. It was hard as a rock. I put some water in it and let it sit for a week. It was fine after sitting. Well, had a little too much water, but I just left the lid off overnight and the next morning it was fine.

Jilly Bean Beads
2005-06-29, 5:38am
I too use Alice's release and order it directly from the Alice web page.

www.alicesstainedglass.com

Toozygoot
2005-06-29, 5:39am
Thanks Jill for the link! I have to say that when I opened the jar I was thinking it might smell like sour milk. Silly me!

pat

MikeAurelius
2005-06-29, 5:49am
I've had some that went moldy on me - the bottom turned black. I didn't bother to open the jar, just pitched it. I've got asthma and didn't need any spores to trigger an attack.

Toozygoot
2005-06-29, 6:24am
Mike - I just checked Alice's website and she mentioned mold and to just mix it in. But I think I would have chucked it too. Don't want to have a hard time breathing!

pat