Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Mermaid tut

fatdogdesigns
2006-01-04, 2:16pm
I loved the goddess tutorial, now does anyone want to share a tut on mermaids? This is one thing I've always wanted to try! I'm sure it's a lot like the goddess but with fins...I hope!
Thanks,
Martha

hulagirl
2006-01-07, 2:17pm
Yeah....Good thinking...Mermaids PLEASE!

Darelyn
2006-01-26, 6:48am
This isn't a tutorial, but I saw some examples of mermaids on e-bay this morning: http://cgi.ebay.com/LAMPWORK-Glass-Art-Sculpture-MERMAID-Bead-Jettonne-SRA_W0QQitemZ5079030525QQcategoryZ34070QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

hummingbird3172
2006-01-26, 9:28am
Yeah....Good thinking...Mermaids PLEASE!

Hulagirl, your mermaid from the gallery is awesome...you could do a tutorial ;) .

I tried more mermaids today...the little boogers are always cracking on me.

I think if you do a basic goddess bead and just use a different color for the lower half..then add fins..you get a basic mermaid.....I just need to work on keep mine evenly heated....I wish ivory wasn't so squishy sometimes!:lol:

Darelyn
2006-01-26, 9:33am
I agree! I love your mermaid, Hulagirl! I saw that one after I posted that e-bay one. I think the colors you used are nice. It might be cute to try coconut shells on top. ;-)

tazzielou
2006-01-26, 8:41pm
This is one of my mermaids. I will tell you how I make her if anyone wants to make a simple one like this. Just let me know.

hulagirl
2006-02-06, 4:06pm
Yeah, I just got used to making a few goddesses. I added a cone shape to the bottom instead. I made fins and added arms. I needed to put my arms on BEFORE my hair tho.
So, in order:
cone for bottom
Add female torso shape
make a belly button
Add head & arms
Give her a hairdo
Add flowers and/or decorations
Give her some fins
Remember to keep her hot or she'll crack up!
Hope I didn't forget anything!
I'm not very good at explaining things....Specific questions...PM me.

Roseanne
2006-02-06, 5:53pm
Straight & to the point:) I think she's darling, Beth!! I'll have to give your Mermaid Tutorial a try. Might not be until I move and then unpack, but I WILL try it!!

hulagirl
2006-02-06, 7:09pm
Sorry that the description is brief and there are no pics. I torch when my "Kidlets" (as roseanne says) are sleeping....I'm the only one home, so there is no one to take pics. I don't think I'd be too successful taking pics myself.