Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : OLD Red Roof Tile

beadgoodies
2008-11-10, 12:34pm
I miss the OLD red roof tile. I've been on a mission to mix it up myself! The best mix (so far) is a 50/50 mix of regular coral and odd lot cherry coral.

If anyone else has a combo for making Red Roof Tile, do share! I'd really like to hear it.

Candy

nagibeads
2008-11-10, 12:55pm
hi Candy-
that is cool!!
the terracotta version of RRT looks similar to the new Hawaiian Clay....

do you have a pic of a cross section of the version you like? I might have some of that because I didn't like the terra cotta-y one as much as I liked the ochre-y version....
LOL! so many versions!!

beadgoodies
2008-11-10, 1:14pm
No, I wish I did! The only remnants of the old red roof tile I have are in 3 twisy stubbies. In one of my glass orders with Frantz I was given 3 or 4 rods of it. I made it last as long as I could, but I eventually ran out. These are the beads I would make using it:

Hawaiian Clay sounds promising! Who makes it???

Candy

nagibeads
2008-11-10, 1:51pm
it is one of the Effetre Cool colors...kinda pricey...looking at your beads though, I think it is too orange to match your RRT....
those look more like the ochre RRT...but I am not sure....when i get home I will look and see what I have....

Elegance_1
2008-11-10, 2:17pm
Wow, you sure did get close! Close enough I'd say.... ;)

I have some old RRT. I need to see how much. :)

beadgoodies
2008-11-10, 4:27pm
You know, it never occurred to me to ask if any of you had any of this glass and would be willing to sell it to me. If any of you have any, I’d LOVE to buy it from you (if you’re willing to part with it…).

I realize now that what I have left of this color (in the twisty stubs) is redder than what I should be aiming for. It’s a rust color. I think I need to add more of the orangey coral. Hhhh. I’ll keep working on it!

If anyone is willing to sell me some, I promise to not waste any of it! It’s a NASTY rust/terra cotta color. I’m sure none of you will miss it. :)

Candy

nagibeads
2008-11-11, 10:03am
here are the 3 tonalities I have. The lighter, ochre-y one has a red ring around ochre inner core. Some of them have a center of red inside, and some don't. The medium tone is almost solid color and the dark tone is terra cotta red all the way through. All these tones are shocky and need warming before use...
sorry that the order got reversed in this pic....
beads from RRT:

Galaxy Glass has the Ochre versions....I don't know which version she has in stock now, but not too long ago she had the light ones with the red rings...

I can spare a quarter pound...just let me know which one you like....

nagibeads
2008-11-11, 10:09am
oh, and in case you haven't found it, this is a pic of Hawaiian Clay...
http://phoenixartsupplies.com/proddetail.php?prod=e685

barbbbeads
2008-11-11, 9:28pm
I wouldn't mind getting rid of my RRT. I like the color, but hate the shockiness of it. I think I tried one rod of the 1/4 lb. that I bought. Same thing as with Anise White. I hate super shocky glass. PM me if your interested in taking it off my hands.

Listenup
2008-11-15, 2:54pm
You would think that after I mixed up this color (did it the next day and got what I was after the first time), I would remember to post it here......I must be getting "old timers" syndrome. ;)

The 412 and the 444 rods are scans of the 2 colors I mixed. The E-444 Rod is is a scan of the rods I have from when the color first came out. The bead is the color I got from mixing.

shawnette
2015-06-21, 2:28pm
Bump

mikefrantz
2015-06-22, 1:57pm
We have both the old Hand Pulled 591440-H and the newer Machine Made 591440-M, and we have plenty of both stock numbers.

Mike