Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Picture help, please?

Michelle Walsh
2006-01-05, 10:40pm
Hi everyone,

Quite awhile ago a dear lady very kindly offered to resize a few photos for me so I could post them here. Well, I was too dang stubborn and really wanted to learn how to do it myself. I tried photobucket and one other free site. Everytime I try to post the pictures here, they are HUGE. I would really love to show you all some of my beads, but I just can't!](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I've never had trouble posting pics on WC (although it's been eons ago) or on ebay. Is it me? Is it LE? What? lol

Could I get a resize?

Many Blessings,
Michelle

beadworkstudio
2006-01-06, 12:28am
Here's a free, easy-to-use image resizing application: http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

lripster
2006-01-06, 1:35am
Hey Michelle,
I was having this exact problem a while back, trying to enter Tink's contest in the game room. I tried these things too and played with the pictures for what seemed like hours. I reset my camera and now the pictures are smaller. (Don't know jack about the camera, so I just played with the settings.) That seemed to fix the problem. Still haven't posted my pics in that thread - or any other - but I think I got a handle on the huge picture problem. At least they show up within the allotted size that flashes on the screen when you try to post here. Just a thought.

grace edwards
2006-01-06, 6:46am
Hi Michelle,

If you have photoshop, or a similar program, here's how to do it. Bring the picture into the program. From the top menu, choose 'image', then 'image size'. Make sure that your dimensions are in inches to make it easier. Make sure that you have the 'constrain proportions' checked off (this will proportionally change the image size when you make a change to either the width or the height). Make sure the resolution is at 72 - this is a good resolution for the internet. You see in my pic how the height is 17.778? All you now do is select (or delete) this and type in 6. That will automatically change the width to 4.5 and voila - your pic is a manageable size. Now all you have to do is save this picture.

Hope this makes sense. /grace

Michelle Walsh
2006-01-07, 12:54am
Thank you all so very much! :)

I hope to have time over the weekend to work on this.

Many Blessings,
Michelle

Michelle Walsh
2006-01-07, 12:55am
Grace...you are speaking my language when you use pictures! lol

Many Blessings,
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

If you have photoshop, or a similar program, here's how to do it. Bring the picture into the program. From the top menu, choose 'image', then 'image size'. Make sure that you're dimensions are in inches to make it easier. Make sure that you have the 'constrain proportions' checked off (this will proportionally change the image size when you make a change to either the width or the height). Make sure the resolution is at 72 - this is a good resolution for the internet. You see in my pic how the height is 17.778? All you now do is select (or delete) this and type in 6. That will automatically change the width to 4.5 and voila - your pic is a manageable size. Now all you have to do is save this picture.

Hope this makes sense. /grace

lripster
2006-01-07, 1:10am
Awesome information, bbc. That helps us photo illiterate folks a lot!!! Thanks.

grace edwards
2006-01-10, 6:12am
You're welcome - glad it helped. I'm a very visual learner as well. If you don't have this exact program, you'll find that any photo program will have very similar menu choices. The other tool I should have also mentioned is the the crop tool. You can crop the picture first, and then resize to a manageable size and resolution. pm me if you're not sure how to use the crop tool. /grace

Just Nancy
2006-01-10, 7:00am
Grace,
You made that very clear. (It's a step I know but usually forgt and have to go back and follow through.)

Got any other photo pointers? I read every photo thread I see. You never know when something will pop up and stick in the brain. ;) Mine really need help.

Nancy