Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Glashaus / Griffith, Ind.

Pages : [1] 2

DARBEADS
2008-12-05, 11:04pm
Hello everyone, here to post the new OT date, looks like Sat. Jan. 10th, same rip as always 1pm until ??? bring whatever......or just show up and have a good time.......suggestions are always welcome.....chime in and let us know if your schedual is open.......D&J

debkauz
2008-12-07, 8:52am
Jan is a bad month for me because I'm teaching 3 out of 4 Saturdays. :( Well, I guess that should make it a GOOD month, shouldn't it? LOL If the class runs, I'm teaching that day. If it doesn't, I'll be there. They have to have a certain # of students for the class to go, so I won't really know until a few days before. Is it a bad thing hoping no one signs up for a class that will actually make me some money so I can come play? LOL

sleekbeads
2008-12-09, 4:54pm
Hi Darby... it's a bad month for me too but I may try to make it.

Deb, where are you teaching? PMC??

Jo

debkauz
2008-12-09, 6:39pm
I'm teaching it at Briolette in Forest Park. I'm doing two classes in Jan...water etching and Keum Boo. I'm not sure which is on the 10th but I think it's the water etching class. I'm doing Viking Knit there the weekend inbetween.

McDuck
2008-12-10, 2:01pm
It works for me! Cant wait!!!

DARBEADS
2008-12-12, 10:02pm
Awsome Mary, lookin forward also, likely to do some paperweights or a vase on the 10th as well.......D&J

Ofilia
2008-12-13, 6:02am
Hi Darby, unless there is horrendous winter driving conditions, I'll be there!!

There is someone on the garage looking for concentric murrine in Bullseye. I mentioned that I could demo how to make them, and the best place would be in your studio since it's so nice and spacious. Would that be okay if she is able to come too?

Thanks for the invite! Sounds like you have your glory hole/furnace up and working =D>! Are you doing furnace or Murphy bucket? It feels like so long since I was there:???:!

It'll be great to see you again. Big hugs to you and Janien.

Ofilia

DARBEADS
2008-12-14, 1:02pm
Yes, absolutely, will be so good to see you! I've a small glory (35 gal barrel) and a cruicible in a wire melter ( modified kiln), depending on what glass, I've hot in the melter, I can do a basic offhand murrini demo, I've had a good feedback on a rose murrine that I've been doing on the torch........I'm really hoping to have a tank of Liq O2 by then so if anyone wants to bring a big torch....their welcome too.... worst case senario, I'll have a full K bottle for the side table with the 2 torch stations.........I still need to get the package sent to your host friend, I hope its not too late..... please advise......D

Ofilia
2008-12-14, 2:17pm
Hi Darby! You talking about a package for Mirtelande from Haiti? Sure, it's not too late:razz:! Just something small is more then welcome. Thanks!

As far as me doing a demo for a simple concentric murrine, I can handle it on a minor! No problem at all. It's not going to be a huge pull like you may be used to with furnace/glory hole experience.

Oh, BTW, I went to the open house of Lotton glass... OMG!!!! Was that ever fabulous! I got my book autographed by the patriarch and his sons. Awesome, awesome experience :grin:... made me homesick for Murano again........ Is it spring yet????!!!!!

Looking forward to the new year and renewing friendships:-P!

Ciao!

Ofilia

debkauz
2008-12-14, 2:32pm
Darby, if I can't make it on the 10th, please come and pick up the Bobcat so you have an extra torch there. I shouldn't hope a class gets canceled but I am. LOL I'm still channeling Martha so I'll make cookies or candy or something. Anyone like hot bean dip? I can bring that too. I really want to come! I haven't torched since the last OT. I"m going to forget how! Things are nuts right now but I really need to get out for a torch day with you and Janien.

DARBEADS
2008-12-15, 12:53pm
Ofilia, glad you got the opportunity to make the Lotton open house, it really is a wonderful experience! I'll get the things together for Mirterlande and get them sent this week.............Deb, we'll be there tomarrow, as well as Wed., we're getting a late start as I'm on my way out the door now......to make some paperweights......providing the kiln hasn't blown an element......I went out yesterday to make weights for christmas, but the kiln lost 2 elements and I spent hours yesterday changing them out and getting back up to temp.......so I'll take another stab at it today!!! your welcome anytime you want to come out........D

debkauz
2008-12-15, 1:01pm
I'd love to but there's just no time right now. I'm still hoping for a day at least the week after Christmas.
Hope your kiln is OK!

rusticstudio
2008-12-15, 1:42pm
I'm planning on coming but since it's my birthday, I may have a surprise party to go to or something! :p

Ofilia
2008-12-15, 1:58pm
I'm planning on coming but since it's my birthday, I may have a surprise party to go to or something! :p

Well..... we might just have to have a cake for you with a candle in it for a wish:cool:... but, shhhh.....:-$ we won't let you know so you stay surprised! That'll be fun!

Ofilia

debkauz
2008-12-16, 7:55am
Now I really hope my class is cancelled! Unfortunately, I realized there's a neighborhood party that night too so I may be screwed no matter what. Bummer...

Ofilia
2008-12-16, 8:50am
Now I really hope my class is cancelled! Unfortunately, I realized there's a neighborhood party that night too so I may be screwed no matter what. Bummer...

You can do it, Deb!! Just get your rest the day before, LOL:lol:.... The nice thing about doing these kind of things on a Saturday, is you have the whole Sunday to recover :wink:.

Ofilia

Ofilia
2008-12-16, 8:51am

What's your favorite kind of birthday cake, Patti? I'll pick one up at Costco. They make GREAT cakes:-&! YUM! But remember to act surprised :-$!

Ofilia

rusticstudio
2008-12-16, 2:56pm
I like cake. period. just make sure it has lots of frosting!
vanilla, chocolate or marble is fine.

off to erase my memory.

what? did someone say something?

rusticstudio
2008-12-16, 2:57pm

Screw the class and the neighborhood! We're more important!

Ofilia
2008-12-16, 3:47pm
I like cake. period. just make sure it has lots of frosting!
vanilla, chocolate or marble is fine.

off to erase my memory.

what? did someone say something?

OMG, frosting is HUGE on the Costco cakes! You'll love it... my fave ever since I was a little girl was the butter cream roses:happy: ... that's why I"m still "round" like that little fella:sad:....:cool:

Ofilia

Cassie
2008-12-16, 4:06pm
If there really is cake at OT can I have a corner piece? I'm a frosting-freak, too! lol! :D

Ofilia
2008-12-17, 12:16pm
If there really is cake at OT can I have a corner piece? I'm a frosting-freak, too! lol! :D

OMG!! I never met so many frosting freaks like me:lol:!! You know... there is also an Italian place in Bellwood that makes an out of this world canolli cake....... their frosting is pretty awsome too..... Which do you prefer, guys :-k? The calorie count is off the chart on either, so no need fooling anyone, LOL.

Oooo... Cassie! If you have any more of those copper head pins made, bring some, okayO:).

Ofilia

Cassie
2008-12-17, 3:24pm
If there are many more of us going to OT that like frosting that much, we're gonna need the bakery to add a tub of it to the order!

I absolutely will bring more headpins for you, Ofilia! If you need a specific amount, let me know and I'll be sure to bring as many as you need!

rusticstudio
2008-12-17, 3:31pm
I love Cannolis but I'd rather have regular cake.

mmmm.... cake...

McDuck
2008-12-17, 3:32pm
Oh no I may be out of state now!!!

Ofilia
2008-12-17, 5:24pm

mmmm.... cake...

But Patty... Lezza's cakes is a marriage of yellow cake AND cannolli filling!!! THEN they put yummy butter cream with pretty flowers all over it :-P... trust me... you'll all love this one!

So- how many candles do we need for you this year, Patty?

Ofilia

Cassie
2008-12-17, 5:35pm
Oh no I may be out of state now!!!

I guess next time I'll be PM'ing you for stuff instead of this time! It's not stuff I need any time soon... but I was going to ask you to bring stuff along to save shipping supplies! I'll absolutely ask next time, though... I need time to get better at lampworking first, anyway!

DARBEADS
2008-12-17, 6:58pm
Did everyone enjoy the snow, or should I say, is everyone enjoying the SNOW! got the whole kiln thing straightened out, 2 bad elements, made 14 paperweights yesterday and managed to get the hand torch set up on a knock off table and all the gas and o2 plumbed, as well as the pasterelli (sp)..plate set up.......now, bigger glory hole and a new oven to build next...... blew fractures today....they get repacked for the fusers.....96 stuff.......they explode like a shotgun!!! glass confetti from the sky!!!
I'm really excited, and can't wait for the 10th, as for cake I like the not so sweet cream cheese type frosting, or the Atomic Cakes from State line bakery, I cannot say how long its been since I've had a cannoli......mmmmm but I'm no one to stand in the way of Patti's B I R T H D A Y !!!! have you ever known a man to turn down Cake! think not !!! I'm in line too....LOL D

Cassie
2008-12-17, 7:17pm
Snow SUCKS! They didn't plow Valpo that I heard until late last night so we decided not to skate to Griffith. I was really looking forward to seeing what bead club was about but the deductible on my car insurance was hindering my curiosity too much. There's always next month... provided the street departments decide to plow/salt if the sky opens up on the next night they get together!

I don't think I've ever mentioned here that I hate snow and belong in a more tropical environment. Minus the big bugs, of course! I guess my refusal to wear a coat in 20-degree weather is a form of denial!

sleekbeads
2008-12-17, 9:59pm
Hi peeps... I may be able to make it on the 10th after all, but not quite sure yet. Will keep you posted!
Hugs
Jo

Ofilia
2008-12-18, 4:36am
Snow SUCKS!
I don't think I've ever mentioned here that I hate snow and belong in a more tropical environment. Minus the big bugs, of course!

Hi Cassie, We must be related:-s... I've been trying to figure out where my perfect geographic location would be, and it definately is somewhere between frigid temps and big scary bugs too :lol: (have lots of relatives in Texas and MAN.... NO THANK YOU! Only place I've seen cocroaches bigger was in Chetumal, Central America :shock:!)

Hey Jo! It'll be great to get a chance to finally meet you! Hope you can make it....

Ofilia
2008-12-18, 5:36am

mmmm.... cake...

No problema.... we can have Lezza cannoli cake another time. Gives us chance to work off the calories from this one, LOL:lol:.

Darby, no problem, you just brush off the frosting from you cake and either of us (sounds like we are not in shortage of frosting finatics!) in the bunch will take 'care of it' for you ;-)....

Ofilia

debkauz
2008-12-18, 7:37am
Patty I've had the cannoli cake from where Ofilia's talking about and it's fabulous! It's not cannolis at all but cannoli 'flavored' cake. Trust me, you'd love it!
I just won't know until probably Thursday that week if I can make it. Darby, don't forget to get the torch if you need it. With all the use I've got from it, I should've just left it there. Even if the class doesn't go I still probably won't make it because of the stupd block club party. They're nice people but if I'm going to party that day I'd rather it be with all of you, not them!!!
I think my Martha frenzy is slowing down finally. I hope so or I won't be able to get into my fat jeans. LOL I might make some cookie dough into balls today and freeze them. It's nice to just take a few out and bake them instead of doing the whole recipe. That'll help me use up the stuff in a more reasonable way. LOL

Ofilia
2008-12-18, 9:56am
Patty I've had the cannoli cake from where Ofilia's talking about and it's fabulous! It's not cannolis at all but cannoli 'flavored' cake. Trust me, you'd love it!

Hi Deb, actually it isn't "flavored".... it's filing layers ARE thick layers of canolli filling! You can even buy the filling by the bag, just in case you need to make your "own" canolli:shock:! No thanks... too much work!

No prob... Costo is good and they make really pretty cakes :-P It's all about the "pretty":kiss:!

Hope everyone can make it!

debkauz
2008-12-18, 10:19am
That's true. I knew what I meant but it didn't come out very well. LOL Someone who lives out by you brought one to work onetime. We were practically fighting over it!
I'm so bummed that I won't make it. I just can't imagine how I can do it. I could come for a few hours if my class gets canceled but I don't want to leave for a sill party I don't want to go to. Wouldn't work very well because I'd end up not coming home until late. Oh well, there will be another time and another cake.

sleekbeads
2008-12-18, 10:52am
Well, if I'm coming to Darb's all the way from where I live, you'd better rest assured, I plan on spending some time there. ha ha.

Ofilia, it will be great meeting you if I can make it.... if I can't make it this time, i will next time for sure.

Hey, not sure how much I'll be able to torch because of my neck, but just getting together with you guys/gals will be terrific since it's been so long we've gotten together for OT.... I really miss it! A LOT!

So, if nothing else, I'll torch on and off for a bit, but I'm always up for canoli cake!

talk soon
Jo

DARBEADS
2008-12-18, 11:35am
Hi, we missed bead club as well, as I was busy making weights, and Janien opted to stay in the city as a result of the insueing weather...... haven't had the op to speak to Sue to see how many made it out......as yet another storm approaching, we are going to the studio to finish things up today, and unfortunatly postponing tomorrows festivities, until we return from Tucson.......to all student peeps, sorry, but we certainly look forward to celebrating our class party on Fri, Jan 2nd. We hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday week, and look forward Open Torch/Open Studio on january 10th! All are welcome! Munchies galore!
D&J

rusticstudio
2008-12-18, 1:15pm
Deb, if you don't really want to go to the block party, don't!!
Come to my party. This was scheduled first, I'm sure of it.

Either cake is fine, as long as it has lots of frosting! :p

jazz's glass
2008-12-18, 2:19pm
Did someone say cake???? I think I can make it to this OT, but I'll let you all fight over my frosting . . .

debkauz
2008-12-18, 7:11pm
Since I probably won't be there I probably should just butt out but...Did you all read the thread about Shannon Hill? How about everyone makes a bead to be raffled off for him?

Cassie
2008-12-18, 7:45pm
Ofilia... I can't believe I'm going to say this but I am happy that I've only seen the one inch variety of roaches. I'm thoroughly grossed out at the thought!

Deb, I'd love to make a bead to raffle off... but it would be a mercy raffle for one of mine. Pretty much would have to pay someone to take it! lol!

Jo, I hope you are feeling better than you were last week... that didn't sound pretty! And I do hope you can make it to OT! Heck, I hope we all can make it... it better not snow like a witch that day. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!

(does anyone have a list of Deb's students' phone numbers? I think we need to make some "terribly sorry, Deb's class is cancelled" phone calls....)

debkauz
2008-12-18, 7:53pm
Cassie, don't sell yourself short! (although you ARE short...LOLOL)

Even if the class gets canceled and it very well might, I still have that stupid block party. I don't really want to go but DH does and he won't go without me. So...sometimes we have to make that ultimate sacrifice...

Cassie
2008-12-18, 8:09pm
Cassie, don't sell yourself short! (although you ARE short...LOLOL)

Even if the class gets canceled and it very well might, I still have that stupid block party. I don't really want to go but DH does and he won't go without me. So...sometimes we have to make that ultimate sacrifice...

Hey now... Short Girl (yes, that would be me) resembles that remark!

Why can't your DH be anti-social like mine? lol! But really, a block party doesn't sound bad... just sounds too cold to be running from house to house this time of year. Brrr! So maybe if your classes get cancelled *and* my DH sends anti-social vibes to your DH we'll see you there! :)

sleekbeads
2008-12-18, 9:05pm
Deb, I'm swamped and short for time, but can you quickly clue me in about Shannon Hill?
What happened?

Jo

debkauz
2008-12-18, 9:14pm
He's got lung cancer. There are a couple of threads in the family room.
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115305 There doing a raffle for him because he's got no insurance, etc.

sleekbeads
2008-12-19, 5:31am
OMG, such talent and what a sweet guy. How horrible.
THANKS, I'll check out the thread.
jo

Ofilia
2008-12-19, 7:16am
I think doing a batch of stuff for Shannon would be a GREAT IDEA :biggrin:! So now you HAVE TO be present, Deb, or the collection would be incomplete without your piece in it! You can lay the "guilt" trip on DH (since the other ones aren't working), and maybe that will help him miss not having you with the block party? Plus without you hosting a party, can't he just mingle from house to house? Imagine saving all the traffic in your place! It's too friggin cold to open the door even:-?!!!

Or better yet, bring hubby to come and cozy up to the warm furnace chez Darby's!

Ofilia:waving:

DARBEADS
2008-12-19, 8:19am
WoW Deb, the pressure is on!
Just means we love you and will miss you super lots!
Hugs and hope to see you there.
Janien

debkauz
2008-12-19, 9:01am
Aww...I wuvs you guys. LOL I am going to try to come but it just all depends on the class mostly. I could always come for a couple of hours and then get home in time for the party. It's actually at one person's house so I don't even have to clean up the studio for it. LOL Whether I'm with you guys physically or not, you KNOW Ill be there in spirit!!!

tgslampwork
2008-12-19, 10:11am
Wheee! I think I can do that day! Oh, and I have a Bobcat that I don't use - that I can bring, to save Deb's Bobcat she doesn't use from needing to travel without her if she can't make.

Another bonus for the ladies - not such a frosting fan, but love cake. Birthday girl has first dibs on my frosting!

Now if only the older folks in my life can stay healthy and out of the hospital, I'll be there with bells on.

DARBEADS
2008-12-26, 10:17pm
Awsome!!! A quick check in from Tucson, we beat the fowl weather out of Chicago, and only fought winds across the country, spent a few hours at white sands in New Mexico, and did a tour at collosal cave outside of Tucson today....had snow in the foothills today, very wierd , snow in the desert......couldn't go to the top of Mt. Lemmon today as the road to the top was snowed beyond travel.....look forward to seeing everyone when we get back.....D&J

debkauz
2008-12-26, 10:23pm
Isn't White Sands amazing? Glad you're there safe and sound.

DARBEADS
2009-01-01, 9:14pm
Hey all, we're back.......everythings back to schedual for Friday peeps.........I just finished making and oven full of beads, after not having made anything in over a week.........we're really lookin forward to class tomorrow, and OT on the 10th.....we've got a lot of things going on at the studio these days, and can't wait to see everyone!!! D&J

sleekbeads
2009-01-05, 11:04am
Darby, what time does your OT run from? til?
Also, I have some stained glass scraps (when I say scraps, I don't mean tiny 1 inch pieces, I mean like 6, 8, and 10 inch pieces). Might you be interested for fusing or paperweights? They are bullseye 90 coe (or so I was told when I purchased them).
You can have them for free if you can use them.
Jo

DARBEADS
2009-01-05, 11:44pm
Hope you are all ready for OT on Saturday! We are!
Here's the scoop...Starts @ 1pm and goes til around 7ish.
We are going to have two raffles @ 6pm....you'll have to come and see what its for;).
Also, Darby will be doing a glass blowing demo at 5pm.
As usual if you plan to torch its a $10.00 donation for oxy/elec....and we will provide some munchies and drinks...if you want to bring something to share...we will never turn away something yummy!
We really look forward to having you all there.
If you need anything give us a hollar.
Hugs,
Janien
PS. Jo, not sure if D can use the glass...I'll have him long in tomorrow and let you know.

debkauz
2009-01-06, 9:42am
I don't think I'm going to make it, darn it. Janien or Darby, if I get Cassie's glass over to you will you give it to her for me? She won some curdled ivory and river rock in the raffle.

DARBEADS
2009-01-06, 10:41am
I don't think I'm going to make it, darn it. Janien or Darby, if I get Cassie's glass over to you will you give it to her for me? She won some curdled ivory and river rock in the raffle.

It just wont be the same with out you there! We hope you will be at the next one...sometime in February! Perhaps if we made it on a Sunday more folks would be able to attend...hmmmmm????
anyhoot...we can stop by and pick up Cassies glass today...we have to run up to On The Rocks later this afternoon and swap some product out...we can stop by afterwards.
J&D

Ofilia
2009-01-06, 11:12am
Hi Darby, do you mind giving directions one more time8-[... I'll be coming 88 if I recall..... I'm not doing that stupid Mapquest again:rolleyes:. I prefer not to be sent astray:oops: (though, sometimes it's not a far fetch:-$)

Ofilia

DARBEADS
2009-01-06, 11:26am
Certainly.........294 south, to 80/94 east, to Cline Ave (SOUTH!) south on Cline a couple miles, it will end on Main St.,in Griffith, go left (east) through the light (Broad St.), across the RR tracks, and 801 E. Main is down a little on the right. Austegen elec. complex.......gate code 0672# bldg 17 unit 5, contact # 773-220-2800, reallly excited to see everyone, it's been far too long!!! D

Cassie
2009-01-07, 12:28pm

Deb, I just won curdled ivory... the curdled ivory and river rock was someone else. You just trying to give it *all* away?! lol!

sleekbeads
2009-01-07, 3:49pm
HI Cassie!!! Congrats on the win!
Jo

debkauz
2009-01-07, 7:48pm
I know Cassie, but...it was supposed to be for both and just got posted wrong I think. I'd feel guilty if I didn't give you what I'd donated. :) I donated 2 lots of 1/4# each. You'll have fun with it.

Cassie
2009-01-07, 9:00pm
Awww... thank you so much Deb! I definitely appreciate it!

Hi Jo! Thank you for the congrats! I'm slowly but surely hoarding! I'm curious, were you planning on coming out to OT on Saturday? I know you had mentioned it but weren't sure if you were going to be able to make it or not... it would be nice to see you there, though my guilting of *some other people* around here didn't work! (though I do know Deb really can't make it for good reason, but don't let her on that I know it... I'm well known amongst friends n family for my evil brattiness and sarcasm and don't want to ruin my reputation! lol! Though, for some reason, she seems to think I'm nice... guess I'm not working at it as hard as I used to!)

debkauz
2009-01-07, 9:13pm
LMAO!

sleekbeads
2009-01-08, 9:35am
Gahhh! I sincerely want to be there as I am majorly JONSIN' to torch, but but but... today is my DH birthday, and since it is falling during the week, we have decided to celebrate it on Saturday by going to CHINA TOWN! whoopeeeeee! Can't wait to get to the tea store and stock up! Anyways, alas, I will NOT be able to make it on Saturday....
BUT, I will do my very best to get to the next one. By then I'll be jumping out of my skin to torch.

jo

Ofilia
2009-01-08, 11:21am
Well, I'm sorry I won't get to meet you, Jo nor see you again, Deb, but maybe next OT:wink:.

Okay, just refresh me... are we making something special that I can contribute to? What would whomever is coming like me to bring (besides CAKE that is :lol:) ? The cake is a done deal.... Darby, can't wait to see your up and ready set up for making the paperweights!

Ofilia

rusticstudio
2009-01-08, 12:21pm
I'm trying to think of something yummy to bring.

sleekbeads
2009-01-08, 4:43pm
I'm trying to think of something yummy to bring.

*crosses fingers*.... please save the eggrolls for when I can make it
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:poke::love:=P~:lol:=D>

DARBEADS
2009-01-08, 8:36pm
Just returned from the studio, made a bunch of componet pieces out of 96 for a friend that does some awsome fusing work......got home just in time for Janien to catch Counting Crows on Sound Stage.....I'm just itchin for Saturday.... snow will have subsided by then, and the studio is quite cozy......with the glory on its almost 80 degrees....not certain who's all coming, but that's half of the excitement!!! I'll be dippin mandrels like a crazy fool tomorrow......good to see ya this mornin Deb, sorry I couldn't stay for a cup of coffee and catch up!!! Hey Cassie....I've a care package for class on Friday, hummmmm.....what could that be! anyway ya'll get to packin...get it in the car and get ready to have a good bead makin fix.....Jo, I'll take some steamed pot stickers from Moon Palace.....and don't forget my damn misfortune COOKIE! LOL D

Cassie
2009-01-08, 9:12pm
What would whomever is coming like me to bring (besides CAKE that is :lol:) ? The cake is a done deal....
Ofilia

Ofilia, don't forget the frosting!! lol!

Jo, I'm sorry that you aren't going to be there! I was hoping for a mini boro lesson/lecture or something! I'm so clueless with that glass!

Darby, I can't wait to see what my care package looks like! I can't wait to try out new glass! (Thanks again, Deb!)

I'm going to have DH make something for me to take on Saturday... I wish White Chicken Chili would travel better but I don't think people on 80/94 would appreciate me driving 30MPH trying to keep my crock pot from spilling it's contents. So I may have him make some chicken and rice Tex-Mex somethingoranother. He made it a few weeks ago and it's soooooo good! Can't wait!

Ofilia
2009-01-09, 6:51am
Ofilia, don't forget the frosting!! lol!

Can't wait!

Cassie... I'll be sure to keep the cake box taped so I'm not tempted to stick my finger in there for a quick 'taste test'[-X..... You guys are gonna love Lezza's!

Dar, if it's 80's in your studio, I may move into your loft until spring time:cool:... I'm already so SICK of this winter:-x.

Ofilia

sleekbeads
2009-01-09, 9:21am
Ofilia... perhaps it would be best if you just brought a seperate full bowl of frosting for the sweet tooth girls. muahahahha!

Catch you at the next OT I guess... sorry I can't make it to this one, but still, really looking forward to meeting you!

Darby, I could buy them for you, but I don't think they'd last until the next time I saw you! tee hee... they'd be eaten before we got out the door. But I promise to bring a good treat the next time I come to OT which, hopefully will be the next time you have one. Speaking of which, do you already know when the next one will be? It would be great to put it on my calendar now so I make sure nothing gets in my way!

HAVE FUN everyone!!!! May the glass gods (godesses) be with you!

jo

debkauz
2009-01-11, 4:14pm
So how was OT? I hope the snow didn't keep people from getting there. I can't wait for the next one.
I was going to Iowa today but decided to put it off a few weeks. I just don't like dealing with driving in the snow, ice and extreme cold. Guess I'm gettin' old.

Ofilia
2009-01-11, 4:51pm
Well, I was totally bummed to have to cancel last minute :doubt:. The snow was coming down really bad, and my low riding Corolla is not the best with me behind the wheel in these wintery driving conditions.

The good thing is my plan was to pick up the cake on the way out, because if I'd have had the cake bought in advance, there would be no one around but me to HAVE TO take care of all that frosting:???:...

Saving plan for the next OT! Please forgive me, Patty, Darby and Janien[-o<.

Ofilia

rusticstudio
2009-01-11, 5:14pm
Don't worry about it Ofilia. I ended up not going either.
I went over to Tammy's instead and we had some dinner, cake and made beads.
Hopefully next time the weather will cooperate.

DARBEADS
2009-01-11, 9:12pm
Hi Everyone...
We had a nice Open House yesterday...we only had a few folks out but it was fun! We actually had a 10 year old and 12 year old there and they torched...and we were amazed how great they did. Victoria, the 12 year old, only needed help with the first two and ended up making about 10 AMAZING beads...including a bumble bead! She was really on fire! Cassie and Diana brought some delicious food and we chowed! Thanks ladies!
I am looking forward to checking the oven tomorrow to look at 60+ beads that were made!
more info on another OT soon!
Hugs,
Janien

Cassie
2009-01-11, 10:33pm
Thank you for hosting, Darby n Janien! It was fun as usual... can't wait for the next one!

I can't blame you guys for not coming with the way the weather was... the roads weren't great on this side of the border and there tends to be more traffic to worry about when you get into Illinois so I could only imagine what it would be like trying to get around in the mess with that many more crazy drivers. Can't wait to see you guys next time, though!

Ofilia
2009-01-12, 10:04am
Don't worry about it Ofilia. I ended up not going either.
I went over to Tammy's instead and we had some dinner, cake and made beads.
Hopefully next time the weather will cooperate.

Phew... I feel a little less bad. We'll just have 'belated" birthday cake next OT;)! And it will have LOTS of roses on it:lol:.

I stayed inside completely snowed in until Sunday morning when I HAD to shovel out my car, or forget about making it to work today:pout:. Is it spring yet??

Ofilia

debkauz
2009-01-12, 10:32am
Supposed to get more snow today too. We shouldn't complain after what Janelle has got in Washington, but I still am. LOL I'm glad I'll be there for the next one so I can get cake too. Birthday cake is always a good excuse to pretend there are no calories involved. :)

sleekbeads
2009-01-12, 11:57am
Not only are we looking at more inches, but it is supposed to be BITTER cold inbetween.

I have to lovingly admit that I don't really mind the snow, BUT the bitter cold just eats right through me. I HATE BITTER COLD!

I'm glad I didn't miss the b-day cake!
Darby or Janien... do you guys do any metalwork/soldering? If so, any chance I can get a lesson the next time I come up? If not, I may end up taking a class at Tammy's... I looked on her website today and she has some good classes listed.

Jo

rusticstudio
2009-01-12, 12:05pm
Jo, Janice is an awesome silversmithing teacher! You'll love her.

sleekbeads
2009-01-12, 12:28pm
Yeah, I think I'm going to go for it.... just need to save some $$$
I've been wanting to learn soldering and metal work for a very long time, but glass
was taking up my life... now that I'm not torching because of my neck, this is the perfect
time to take up a new hobby, while still being able to be in the area I love.
I'll have to look at her site more when I get home to see when the classes are, etc.
Thanks, Patty!

jo

debkauz
2009-01-12, 1:37pm
There's a guy who's just down from Darby and Janien who teaches metalsmithing as well. I think Janien takes classes with him. I've been thinking about it too.

sleekbeads
2009-01-12, 2:56pm
Actually, Tammy would be a LOT closer for me, so I'll probably go with that....
but it's good information... THANK YOU!

So.. how is everyone?

Cassie
2009-01-12, 9:29pm
I've been wanting to take metalsmithing classes and Janien told me about the guy she takes classes from... sounds like fun! If I didn't have so much on my plate as it is I'd consider it!

I'm so not looking forward to more snow. One of our office managers came into work today and told us that she's got the list of employee phone numbers and a list of patients and their numbers in case the docs want to cancel tomorrow. That's tempting fate in a huge way... they're not going to cancel. In the almost 11 years I've worked there they've only canceled patients once and that was after we all got there and got snowed in. They had to flag down a plow and pay them to get the cars out. Just insane!

Hey Darby, you said that Tuesdays may be good for you and Janien to come over n help me out? I'm off February 10th... *hint hint*. Don't know if you and Janien have any other plans going for that day... *hint hint*. The plumber installed a "T" today (they were fixing a gas leak and decided to put the "T" in for future plans)... *hint hint*! :D

And last but not least... please post pics of the bumblebead if you can! I'd love to see how it came out... that was cute!

DARBEADS
2009-01-14, 11:34am
Not only are we looking at more inches, but it is supposed to be BITTER cold inbetween.

I have to lovingly admit that I don't really mind the snow, BUT the bitter cold just eats right through me. I HATE BITTER COLD!

I'm glad I didn't miss the b-day cake!
Darby or Janien... do you guys do any metalwork/soldering? If so, any chance I can get a lesson the next time I come up? If not, I may end up taking a class at Tammy's... I looked on her website today and she has some good classes listed.

Jo

Hi Jo,
I have all the necessities to torch and can certainly teach you all the basics in a crash coarse if you come...would love to have you there ANYTIME!

Cassie, we'll have to see if the 10th works out...when it gets a closer to that time...but I dont see why it wouldnt....

Happy snow everyone
janien

DARBEADS
2009-01-19, 10:42pm
Hey There Everyone....
After much consulting we have decided to have our next OT on January 31st!
From the sounds of it alot of you are available and that is AWESOME!!!
So, weather permitting we will begin @ 1pm and will go until the annealers are FULL! We will also be celebrating 2 birthdays...OFILIA and PATTY...woo-hoo!

So Add your name to this list if you are able to make it out and torch with us.
Darby
Janien
Debkaus
Rustic
Cassie
Ofilia
MiniL
Sleekbeads (maybe) really hope you can make it out. we would love to see ya!
There will also be a few of Darbys students attending as well.

Look forward to seeing you all and lets all pray that the weather coporates with us!O:)
Janien...and Darb

debkauz
2009-01-20, 6:13am
Sounds great!

Ofilia
2009-01-20, 6:21am
Yea, Can't wait, but NO CANDLES!!! Otherwise the firemarshalls will have to be called out:doubt:...

Ofilia;)

sleekbeads
2009-01-20, 9:12am
*crossing my fingers that I will be there*

I'm SO jonsin' to torch, or something... or just be with people.
lol

Jo

debkauz
2009-01-20, 9:26am
Yea, Can't wait, but NO CANDLES!!! Otherwise the firemarshalls will have to be called out:doubt:...

Ofilia;)

Hey we can just use your cake for another torch. LOL

Ofilia
2009-01-20, 9:38am
Hey we can just use your cake for another torch. LOL

OMG, you're right! I can be like a Carlisle bunson (?sp) burner:-&!!

Ofilia

debkauz
2009-01-20, 9:42am
LOL

Cassie
2009-01-20, 10:00am
And Darby only gets to *really* party until it's 8:30 o'clock... lol!!

Ohhh what you guys missed last time! :D

Ofilia
2009-01-20, 11:51am
And Darby only gets to *really* party until it's 8:30 o'clock... lol!!

Ohhh what you guys missed last time! :D

Sure..... rub it in, Cassie:-({|=... just 'cause you're coming from the same STATE and we aren't, doesn't mean we "wanted" to miss it:sad:... How was your chilli, BTW??

Ofilia

rusticstudio
2009-01-20, 12:05pm
I'm looking forward to it!

Cassie
2009-01-20, 12:05pm
Sure..... rub it in, Cassie:-({|=... just 'cause you're coming from the same STATE and we aren't, doesn't mean we "wanted" to miss it:sad:... How was your chilli, BTW??

Ofilia

Hey now! I still had to drive nearly an hour to get there...lol! I know you guys didn't want to miss it... you guys just have more traffic and impatient drivers than we do around here. I just mentioned it because Darby gave us a good laugh and didn't realize it for a little while... and I thought I'd give you guys something to look forward to with the next OT. I'm sure Darby wishes his students were more forgetful! lol!

Jeff made chicken enchilada rice and refried beans... one of my favorites! I'll see what he has on the menu for the 31st! :D

DARBEADS
2009-01-20, 2:24pm
Jeff made chicken enchilada rice and refried beans... one of my favorites! I'll see what he has on the menu for the 31st! :D

OMG that was delicious! Can't wait to see what he comes up with for the 31st...pressures on Jeff! LOL you should ask Jeff to stop by and say hello!

Can't wait to see you all!
Janien....

Cassie
2009-01-20, 9:25pm
He mentioned the white chicken chili again... but I'll just bring it in an airtight container instead of worrying about a crock pot since it'll have access to a microwave.

Ofilia, you'll have to tell me what gauge and length headpins to bring and how many. My microtorch only really likes 26 and 24g in copper but I'm going to see if I might be able to make 22 or 20g ones on the lampworking torch. I don't know if it'll be successful but I'll definitely try! I remember you had mentioned maybe wanting ones to use for earwires so that's why I would like to try a heavier gauge!

Like Janien and everyone else, I can't wait to see you guys!

Ofilia
2009-01-22, 6:01am
Hi Cassie, I've been so out of the loop in making anything "jewelry" these days, I'm sort of at a loss what I "need":???:.... Perhaps I'll just bring a tray of my flowers and we can experiement what works best.

I keep reading about Deb's limoncello on another thread:). Me thinks that she should bring some for Darby to sample:-k...... I heard from a "little bird" what happened to Darby after a couple beers last time, hee-hee:hide:!!

Ofilia

debkauz
2009-01-22, 8:25am
Ofilia if it's ready by then I will! The first batch is all gone because I gave so much of it away. The second batch is still 'brewing.' I think today or tomorow may be the day that I can add the simple syrup to it but I have to check. It needs a minimum of 2 weeks after that and 4 is better. It may be the next ot.

So what did Darby do???

Ofilia
2009-01-22, 8:38am
So what did Darby do???

My lips are SEALED :-#!!

debkauz
2009-01-22, 8:48am
Oh no fair!!!

I'm off to the hospital to see Freckles in a little while. I may need all the Limoncello after that visit. I wish he were a little closer than Northbrook but I know he's in good hands there.

Cassie
2009-01-22, 11:23am
Ofilia, I'll bring my supplies and we'll work it out in real-time! :)

Deb, I hope Freckles is doing better and that they have a better, longer-term treatment for him! As for what Darby did... nothing really. Just something for his students (mostly me since I'm annoying like that) to razz him about... really a "had to be there" moment. I like to torment people like a little sister whenever possible so any little thing helps! It was just 8:30 o'clock is all. :D

Ofilia
2009-01-23, 11:38am
Whatever it was, I'm ready for having a good laugh with friendly folks at all o'clocks \\:D/! Darby, you still need chairs? Let me know...

Ofilia:waving:

sleekbeads
2009-01-23, 11:42am
Poopey foo.... I cannot make the 31st.
Bummer.

I swear, I better make it to one of these soon!

Jo

DARBEADS
2009-01-24, 10:34am
Thanks, I'm good on chairs!!! I've some 20+ folding chairs stacked in the corner. Sue brought them to host bead club, and found nicer chairs for her shop and didn't need the folders that had been willed to her so I've an abundance now.....

debkauz
2009-01-26, 8:53pm
I so can't wait for Saturday. I haven't torched since November and my last week has been horrible. Please forgive me in advance if I'm a little teary.

I'm gonna bring stuff for Nachos I think.

McDuck
2009-01-28, 5:55pm
Are you all meeting this saturday? and if so what time? not sure if I can make it or not, my bd is thursday and not sure when i am being taken out to dine...

debkauz
2009-01-28, 9:25pm
Happy Birthday Mary! Yep, it's this Saturday.

DARBEADS
2009-01-28, 11:37pm
Hey Mary...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope you can make it out on Saturday, it would be great to see you and...we are celebrating a few other birthdays that day too(Patty Rustic and Ofilia). So, let's make it a birthday bash!

Hope everyone is doing good, we are looking forward to seeing as many of you as we can on Saturday! OT starts @ 1:00pm and has gone as long as 9PM!

PM us if you need directions or any other info...
tons of Glas Haus info on the web site too.
Janien...and Darby~

Ofilia
2009-01-29, 7:06am
Hey Mary...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope you can make it out on Saturday, it would be great to see you and...we are celebrating a few other birthdays that day too(Patty Rustic and Ofilia). So, let's make it a birthday bash!

Janien...and Darby~

Happy Birthday, Mary:-P!!

Hey, I think with all the aquarian birthdays we'll be celebrating, we should, in lieu of candles, just stick a torch head up the middle of the cake and make it one big flamin' candle, LOL :cool:!

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate this time :fireblob::happy: !

See you all soon,

Ofilia

rusticstudio
2009-01-29, 12:44pm
Sounds good Ofilila! Except I'm a Capricorn, but that's okay.

Happy Birthday Ofilia and Mary!

Ofilia
2009-01-29, 1:06pm
Sounds good Ofilila! Except I'm a Capricorn, but that's okay.

Happy Birthday Ofilia and Mary!

Oh, that's right... your birthday was a couple weeks back already. Where has the time flown??

Got the cake ordered... with X-tra roses:kiss:, LOL!!

Ofilia

Cassie
2009-01-29, 4:50pm
If no one else is bringing the candles, I can grab some of those... someone I know found ones that really light up in a big, big way... ginormous like! They'd be their own torch... they looked like you'd need a fire extinguisher to put 10 of them out! lol!!

DARBEADS
2009-01-30, 12:46am
I blew a few shards the other day....actually enough for everyone to play with.....there are soo many things coming out its hard to keep up with.....interested to see who's been playin with what at OT.....I still working on the new bead oven, and one small step closer to getting the sand blast cabinet workin......and I actually bought quite a few things outside the normal moretti/vetro pallette this last order.....has anyone tried any of the cool stuff from Joe at Avenue Beads? do they have a retail? or just online? Lookin forward to this weekend!!! Darb

Ofilia
2009-01-30, 6:24am
If no one else is bringing the candles, I can grab some of those... someone I know found ones that really light up in a big, big way... ginormous like! They'd be their own torch... they looked like you'd need a fire extinguisher to put 10 of them out! lol!!

Sounds like fun, Cassie. At least there will be several of us huffing and puffing;).

Looking forward to the weekend OT:p! See you all soon,

Ofilia

tgslampwork
2009-01-30, 9:35am
I blew a few shards the other day....actually enough for everyone to play with.....there are soo many things coming out its hard to keep up with.....interested to see who's been playin with what at OT.....I still working on the new bead oven, and one small step closer to getting the sand blast cabinet workin......and I actually bought quite a few things outside the normal moretti/vetro pallette this last order.....has anyone tried any of the cool stuff from Joe at Avenue Beads? do they have a retail? or just online? Lookin forward to this weekend!!! Darb

It's an online business that's run out of their home...but Barry is super accomodating and let me (well a friend who lives in Downers) pick some stuff up. I'm betting at least a nickle you could go there to check stuff out if you wanted.

Send him a PM - he's pyrobarry.

I was hoping to come tomorrow (I think that's the get-together) but learned to not say anything...because something always seems to come up. Alas, sucky tax season is in the way again. Everyone have fun! One day I'll meet those of you I don't know! One day. Heh.

debkauz
2009-01-30, 6:38pm
If anyone has a little piece of intense black I could have would you mind bringing it? I can't find mine and I've got a few things I'd like to try with it. If you don't, don't worry though.

rusticstudio
2009-01-30, 6:48pm
Yeah, I've got some. I'll trade you a small piece for a 1/4 lb of that curdled ivory! :fnwl:

debkauz
2009-01-30, 7:46pm
LOL I'll go back to digging for my intense black. I can't even bring any curdled ivory because it's under a huge pile of stuff that I don't want to move. I hate cleaning out my studio! Oh well, it's been so long since I've made beads I'd hate to waste it on junk beads anyway. I'm going to have to go have a few play days with Darby and Janien.

DARBEADS
2009-01-31, 10:00am
Hi All!
Today is OT...if you can, you should come out and hang with us...and of course TORCH, eat some yummy food and TORCH!
We are leaving in about 20 minutes...can't wait to see you all!
Call if you need anything we'll be there LATE!
773-220-2800
Janien and Darby

debkauz
2009-01-31, 10:23am
Lana's on her way here and as soon as we get the car packed up we're off too. Can't wait!

rusticstudio
2009-01-31, 10:30am
I'm on my way shortly!

debkauz
2009-01-31, 10:22pm
Thanks for another great open torch! I can't wait to see all the beadies that we made. It was a great time and it was so much fun carpooling with Lana.

Janien, let's plan on sushi a week Tuesday, OK? Hey Patty you wanna come too? Lunch at Kuni's!

DARBEADS
2009-02-01, 12:47am
Wow!!! what a day! Sooooo much fun! Thank you everyone for coming out.... I cannot wait to see the goods in the oven when we get back to the shop on Monday...the day just seemed to fly by, will try to post some pics tomorrow, and glass pics on Tues. Hope everyone made it home safe, can't wait to do it all over again! D&J

Cassie
2009-02-01, 9:32am
It was a blast... and that cake was *awesome*! Please do post pics... I want to see what everyone made. Deb had some cool stuff going and Lana had some great colors set out so I can't wait to see how they all came out. Everyone else was too far away for me to sneak any really good peeks so I'm dying to see them all!

Darby and Janien, thank you for hosting!

debkauz
2009-02-01, 9:44am
Cassie I can't wait to see your beads! You shape the most incredible bicones!

I'm waiting for the cat food to thaw out so the kitties can try it. Our microwave is built into our ovens and has been not working for about a year now. I'll have to get it fixed some day but for now I don't have a microwave. I think the kitties are going to love it!

DARBEADS
2009-02-01, 10:30am
What are you two doing up at 432 and 444am???? Weren't you tired from all the food and torching???? We ended up going out afterward to the bar and celebrating my friends 25th b-day (ahhhh to be that young again)...we got home at 130am and CRASHED!!!

Glad you all had fun! Darby is talking about driving out there right now to get the beads...I told him he was nuts and it can all wait til tomorrow....stay tuned

janien and darby

DARBEADS
2009-02-01, 11:37am
Aaargh! I'm moving again.......slowly........yeah cannoli cake.......thanks again Ofilia, that was great! I can't wait to see your skull mold pcs, and the large square hollow!.......the day went so fast, it was so hard to keep up with what everyone was doing, Deb was just on fire out of the gates.....hard to believe it had been so long since you'd been on the torch.......after seeing Lana work a couple long beads, I'm tempted to give them a whirl, as its not somthing I do very often. Janien has been on a hollow kick this week and really rockin..... Patty, I sat right across from and I have very little idea what was stashed in the annealing pillow! girl your just a bead making ma-chine! great job on the murrini! maybe a picture of your cash for S&T? As always really enjoyed all the conversation and bead comadery, we'll have to do it all again soon! Darb

Cassie
2009-02-01, 12:45pm
What are you two doing up at 432 and 444am???? Weren't you tired from all the food and torching????

I don't think Deb and I are *that* crazy... it was 10:32 and 10:44! lol! I'm a night owl but 2:30am is usually my limit where I'm draggin ass to bed...lol!

Deb, I certainly hope that your cats like that cat food! I totally forgot to make sure Patty and Darby's sister (her name escapes me at the moment) took some to try... I mentioned it at the table that I wanted everyone to feel free to take some but I forgot to mention it again before we all left. So, Darby and Janien... feel free to pawn that cat food off on anyone who is willing to take it... or warm it and give it to the cat that shows up around the shop, if it still does. My mom's cats act like it's got crack in it, but my cats aren't all *that* crazy for it... but they'll go for it since it's there. You know how some of them are... picky little beasties!

Please do post pics, Patty... I forgot that you were taking them with you and I'm really curious to see what you made!

Can't wait for the next OT!

miniL
2009-02-02, 1:05pm
Can't wait to see what everyone's made, including me :) LOL

It was a blast and I had such a great time. We drove back to Deb, really fast - Uhhh, she drives fast,

Then I got home in about an hour or so - I think it was around 12

Feodor was freeking out, he has never been left alone for so long....
When I got home, he was jumping all over like crazy

Next day we drove to the park to play and when we got home, he refused to get out of the car, as if he suspected that I am going somewhere without him. I left the door open and the garage too... and he was just sitting there in the back seat and looking at me " you are not going to get me out of here" :) LOL

Finally after like 20 minuetes, Igor got on the back seat with him and we had to manually get him out of there.... well 50 lb didn't go out easy.... from a mini cooper's back seat ...... it was some job LOL

debkauz
2009-02-02, 3:15pm
LOL Do I really drive that fast? Mari thinks I do too.

rusticstudio
2009-02-02, 4:29pm
Here's my bunch:

http://www.rusticstudio.com/LE_images/beads/131_OT_228.jpg

Cassie
2009-02-02, 6:22pm
Patty, those are awesome... I got to sneak a peek at you making those beads with the silver foil cut-outs and that was cool to see!

I wish I was better able to put pairs on one rod... I feel like I'm going back and forth so much it makes me nervous! I tried 3 small ones on one rod before and I almost felt like the guy who spins a bunch of porcelain plates on poles for 5 minutes, trying not to let any of them fall... except without all of the running around...lol! I guess it'll get better with practice!

debkauz
2009-02-02, 6:46pm
Cassie, I am having a total stupid attack (not for the first time). What is the woman's name who was talking to you in the afternoon? Long straight black hair and wearing turquoise. Is that Denise? I posted pics in my blog and I feel like an idiot that I can't remember her name.

Janien, how come I don't have any pics of you? You seem to have sneaked off when I took them. Just wait until next time!

DARBEADS
2009-02-03, 12:53am
Yup Denise is her name...she is soo sweet!

nope, you dont have pics of me....remember I took a lot of the pics with your camera....Darby's sister Jody has a lot of great pics...if I can get her to email them too me I will post them. I have a few and will post too!

We went to the shop today...in the oven were 72 beads, 2 marbles and 1 off mandrel pendant ( the one I made that darby had to finish for me)...I brought them all home tonight and will take pics tomorrow sometime and post them for you all to see! OMG they were all fabulous! Including Emily (Darby's niece)...she did good for being 12 and doing it for the first time ever!

Anyway...I must go...I am a little buzzed and a lot tired.

Cassie...I am a wire wrapping fool now and need more stuff for friday...I will PM you!
hugs for everyone.
Neen and Darb

debkauz
2009-02-03, 6:32am
Thanks! Can't wait to see pics.

Cassie
2009-02-03, 11:06am
Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Hurrrryyyyyyyyyyyy! I can't waaaaaaaaaaaait! lol!

I'm feeling like I need to antagonize someone today but I guess I'll leave it at the nice kind and save the evil antagonizing for my co-workers and supervisor... we've had drama at work and I'm not even being nice about it anymore. I'll put it this way... I've developed Tourette's. The F-bomb is my friend. I'll probably have a stroke by this weekend. ](*,)

Glad Janien got to you with Denise's name, Deb. She really is a nice person... I wish she and Diane would have torched like mad women because they really make some cool stuff, too!

DARBEADS
2009-02-03, 11:43am
Ok everyone here are the pics from OT on Saturday!
I dont have pics of the beads Darby and I made....I took those off the mandrel and they are in the middle of being cleaned.
Here it goes...
This is a collectivepicture of Ofilia's, Cassie's. Deb's and Lana's
Lana's
Cassies
Debs part 1...she was the torchin diva on Saturday
Deb part 2
Ofilia's....these pictures do not do her beads justice...they are GORGEOUS in person!
OK>>>I DONT KNOW WHO"S BEADS THESE ARE>>>PLEASE TELL ME
and last but not least...I thought I would post these even though Darby's sister and niece are not on this forum..but for their first time torchin, they did ok...only a couple of garden stakes.

THERE YOU GO! WE WILL TRY AND GET THESE TO EVERYONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
HUGS FOR ALL
JANEIN AND DARBY

Cassie
2009-02-03, 11:56am
How cool! Everyone did fantastic!

As for the "unclaimed"... I think the one with the purple marker is mine... I did one marker and forgot to do others! Oops!

Now I get to go back to drama-land!

debkauz
2009-02-03, 2:32pm
WooHoo!

Ofilia
2009-02-03, 4:50pm
Thanks for posting pictures! They look awesome! I played with that "superman" rod, and I think I"m not liking the result#-o... hard to tell exactly what it ded.

Thanks for the invite! It was fun. I think I"m still burping canolli cake:lol:!

Ofilia

Cassie
2009-02-03, 5:05pm
Ofilia... that was the best cake ever! And the frosting... I wish there were more! Thank you for bringing it!

debkauz
2009-02-07, 10:14pm
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120818

Darby you might want to take a look at this thread and advise.

miniL
2009-02-08, 6:30pm
I posted a reply and now come back and see it's not here ...

It never happened to me before ???? :(

Anyway, I love everyones beads :) it was so great to do it together and now to see all of them here.

Patty, I am glad to see you "survivours" - we talked so much about them going home under that thin blanket ... that was a quite chillly night, Remember.

It's so warm now for the past few days !

My show went well and I am very happy to meet a lot of people and artists.

It was Fun!

Darby and Janien, Thank you so much for making it happen !

Hugs everyone,
hope to see you soon

miniL
2009-02-08, 6:32pm
LOL Do I really drive that fast? Mari thinks I do too.
No you don't Deb. You just get people quickly to the place they need to be :) LOL
I am having lots of fun driving with you

miniL
2009-02-11, 9:42pm
Got my beads today !!!! THANK YOU ! I love them ..... I thought I forgot how to roll mandrels HAHA :)

How is everyone?

sleekbeads
2009-02-12, 8:40am
Darby, when is next OT.. I'd really really really like to try to make it.
Jo

rusticstudio
2009-02-12, 3:33pm
I am scheduled to teach every weekend in March but the 14th is the least likely to fill -- i.e. most likely to be cancelled.

DARBEADS
2009-02-15, 5:15pm
Hi everyone...Darby and I were talking about when we could have another OT in March and it's looking like the only weekend we will have open to do it is March 7th. Maybe March 28th. But, doubt it because I am looking to do as many shows as possible.
So who's in for the 7th?
J and D

rusticstudio
2009-02-15, 7:00pm
Can't do the 7th. The 14th is my only possible Saturday.
Can you consider fridays?

debkauz
2009-02-15, 8:14pm
I can do the 7th. I can also do Fridays. I do need to set up a PMC class in March through so I need to know sometime this week or so if possible. My classes are always on Saturdays.

sleekbeads
2009-02-17, 9:15am
I can't ever commit because my schedule changes so much...
But I always keep an eye on the thread and if there's one I can attend, you know I will!
Jo

debkauz
2009-02-22, 7:12pm
Hey Janien! HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! I hope you have a really super day.

DARBEADS
2009-02-22, 8:49pm
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Thanks Deb!
We had a great day @ Darby's folks house today! We just got home...full and tired!
Time to chill and finish watching the oscars.
See ya on Wednesday!

Everyone else, we hope to see you @ our Open Torch on March 7th @ 1pm...be there or
BE SQUARE!
Janien

rusticstudio
2009-02-22, 10:32pm
Happy Birthday!!

debkauz
2009-02-23, 8:10am
OK. Now it's the official birthday day! Hope it's a great one for you!

Ofilia
2009-02-23, 9:03am
Happy birthday, Janien! Hope it was great! Hey... is there canolli in that towering cake, Deb :-k??!! Who cares! It's CAKE!!

I won't be seeing you guys for a while.... take care!

Ofilia

debkauz
2009-02-23, 9:06am
When do you leave for Italy, Ofilia?

Ofilia
2009-02-23, 9:22am
When do you leave for Italy, Ofilia?

April 2nd. In March I also have a trip to the Intl. Flamworking conference in NJ. Busy times has really crept up fast#-o!! Before you know it, B&B is here and I have a long winter shut down to catch up:shock: !!

debkauz
2009-02-23, 1:02pm
I got the info on the Flameworking conference. It always looks interesting but I've never really thought to go to it. I'd love to hear how you like it!
How many people are going to Italy with you? I so wish I was one of them!

Cassie
2009-02-23, 5:31pm
Happy B-day, Janien!

And I'll be there for OT. I don't wanna be square... I'm perfectly happy being short and oval-ish! lol!

debkauz
2009-02-25, 9:11pm
Lana luv, are you going to ride with me? I can get there now without having to pay tolls. LOL You think I drive fast? When I was coming home people were blowing my doors off and I was NOT going slow.

Ofilia
2009-02-26, 10:32am
I got the info on the Flameworking conference. It always looks interesting but I've never really thought to go to it. I'd love to hear how you like it!
How many people are going to Italy with you? I so wish I was one of them!

Oops, sorry, Deb, I missed seeing your question. The Salem conference is always very cool. That was how I first met Luico and saw pictures of his studio and closed my eyes and "wished IF ONLY I could just be a fly on the walls of his studio some time:lol:"..... well the rest is now history:-).

It's not expensive, it's a trip one can take on a Friday AM from Ohare and return on the Sunday after the conference closes! Easy!! It's very low key, everyone attending is very approachable, and no clickiness. There's basically nothing around town to do, so it's nice to just touch base with other lampworkers while staying at the hotel. We bring books and work to share, chat. Sack lunches are included as well as continental breakfasts, so it's super super easy all around.

Italy, I've got two groups of 10 students each, back to back heading out soon. Half the students are actually taking both weeks of workshop. It should prove to be a fabulous workshop!! Many are taking extended trips about Venice and other cities in Italy including some travel companions. It's a good size croud:!:. I love the challenge, though. Long as the people are low maintenance, it all works out great. This is no "tour" group. I always encourage folks to do their research and be independent. I do arrange some other 'optional' visits to special places outside of class, but it's all just to fill the total experience I have come to love so much and like to turn others onto the adventure that is there to be had.

Ciao, ciao :wink:!

Ofilia

sleekbeads
2009-02-26, 10:45am
Happy Belated Birthday, Jenien... sorry I missed this! But all the best to you!!!!
... going to try to make March 7, but same ol same ol... I never know until the last minute.
Hugs
Jo

debkauz
2009-03-02, 9:00am
Hey Lana are you coming to my house on Saturday so we can to go Darby/Janien's together? I hope so!

sleekbeads
2009-03-04, 9:30am
Weee, I may actually be able to make this one!!!!
*crosses fingers*

rusticstudio
2009-03-04, 11:30am
I should find out today if my class is running or no.

DARBEADS
2009-03-07, 7:42am
Patty...hope you are able to make it!
Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible today...looks like the afternoon will be rain free so traveling there should be a breeze!
See ya later!
janien and darby

debkauz
2009-03-07, 8:30am
See you all a little bit later. We're going out to breakfast and then I'll get things together.

debkauz
2009-03-08, 8:44am
Yikes what a drive home last night. I decided to do the Skyway instead of 94 because of all the fog. There's not quite as much crazy traffic on it. It was so foggy I missed my turn and just kept going on Cline Ave. I was freaking out because I knew I'd missed the turn and didn't know where to turn around to get back. NOT a nice place to be lost. All of a sudden (well after 20 minutes at least) there was the first toll. It was like being in the twilight zone! All those factories creap me out when I go down there during the day and at night in all that fog they were awful. It was just really weird. But I made it home which is the important part.

Thanks for a great day! I can't wait to see the Universe lentils! The rest I'm not so sure about. LOL

Janien how are you feeling today? You were so hot last night and I don't think it was just the torch! Hope you're OK.

Cassie
2009-03-08, 11:04am
Last night was fun! This morning sucked! And that's the short version. I went to my mom's after torching, visited with her and her BF, snuggled some kittehs, looked at some plaster problems she's got in the bathroom she's remodelling so I can go back this week to fix them, went home and *tried* to sleep. I didn't get out of bed until 11am. I'm in for a wicked work week coming up and I'm in no shape for it! Oh well... it's go with the flow time!

It was a blast seeing you guys again... I love visiting and seeing what you guys make! Can't wait to see all of your awesome beads ... and the ever-cool beauty-mark bear! lol!!

Thanks for hosting again, Darby and Janien! I hope your show this weekend is *the* bomb... not *a* bomb! Like my mom (the non-cheerleader) would say... go, fight, win! :)

rusticstudio
2009-03-08, 11:46am
I'm itchin' to see my fishies!
Can you take pics and post them?

DARBEADS
2009-03-08, 4:42pm
I'm itchin' to see my fishies!
Can you take pics and post them?

Sure can, but Darby won't be at the studio til tomorrow...so tomorrow night sometime or at the latest tuesday monring. Hang in there Patty.lol

Deb, glad you made it home last night...you did the right thing, you are supposed to go straight on Cline in order to get on the toll road, so you were on the right track the whole time!

I am feeling much better today, although I had this weird thing with my leg last night that was freaking me out, but that too passed by the wayside!

Good to see you to Cassie! Hope your week won't be as horrible as predicted!

We were in some HORRIBLE weather driving south to my sisters today... the rain was coming down so hard that you could NOT see more than 1 inch in front of the car at times...and that is no exaggersted! I was scared shitless! But we made it, saw my niece be confirmed, it was nice.

Looking forward to the next OT sometime in April, we will keep you all posted!
IT would be nice to see of you Indiana folks at some of our OT's!
Look for pics on Monday night/tuesday morning.

Have agreat week,
Janien and Darby

sleekbeads
2009-03-08, 6:06pm
:( I miss you guys!!!!!

debkauz
2009-03-08, 7:12pm
I guess I didn't realize that. I've always turned off and kind of gone around a toll booth to get to the second one. This way was actually faster as I got home in under an hour even with the fog. I sure wasn't driving my usual 75-80. LOL I was freaked though.

Jo...you need to be there next time!

Janien, I can't imagine driving in that today. I went to the Target on Peterson in that and it was horrible! That was only a few blocks, not miles and miles. Glad you're home safe. I'm glad you're feeling better today too.

I just can't wait to see the universe lentils too. I think I'm really going to love the way they turned out. The green transparent/silver might look good too. Some of the rest...not so much.

DARBEADS
2009-03-09, 10:39am
Deb, Darby is bring the beads home tonight....hopefully we can drop them off to you tomorrow or wedensday the latest.
Patty, PM me your address and we will mail them to you...I suck when it comes to getting to the post office, but for you I will make an extra effort!

JO....next time we really really really want to see you there.
janien and darby

debkauz
2009-03-09, 6:39pm
Super! If you need, I can stop by and get them too.

miniL
2009-03-10, 9:46pm
where are the pics .... did somebody say fishes pics pics pics=D>

ok... call me chicken : ) but the weather was awfull ... I was almost ready to get on the road but the last minute decided to cancell.

Hopefully in April ..... jo you have to come too :)

I burned my hand so bad and it's not even torching!
grabed on the handle of a hot sckillet ...right from the oven - I completely forgot about gloves .
My whole hand is on fire ... it hurts so bad :cry:

please, healing thoughts, anyone

artwhim
2009-03-10, 11:19pm
Lana, hope your hand heals quickly!

Hi everyone!:waving:

debkauz
2009-03-11, 6:40am
Lana I hope it's going to be OK! Get thee to a doctor for some silvadene cream! It'll help with the healing.

Kathy when are you coming to OT? I miss you!

rusticstudio
2009-03-11, 10:34am
Ouchie Lana!! Hope it heals quick. Maybe some Fyodor kisses would help!

debkauz
2009-03-11, 12:49pm
Janien just want to make sure you didn't put the beads in the mailbox yet. I was looking for them and hope that the mailman didn't think he got a present. LOL He's not THAT good! I'll check again tomorrow.

Cassie
2009-03-11, 4:47pm
She BETTER have not sent them before taking pics... I want to see the beauty-mark bear!

debkauz
2009-03-11, 5:30pm
LOL I completely forgot about her.

DARBEADS
2009-03-11, 8:46pm
Sorry it's taking so long, had a full dayMonday doing fractures and components, pulled orange rod in 96 on Tues. and today we've been tryin to get ready for the show this weekend, Janien is going to post them as soon as I'm done, so I'll get off of here so she can do her thang.....we'll drop yours off tomorrow Deb, as we're heading back to the shop to finish getting stuff together for the show....D

debkauz
2009-03-12, 7:34am
No problem at all! I just want to be sure the mail man doesn't have them. LOL Don't worry about when they get here. Sounds like you're having a busy but good week!

DARBEADS
2009-03-12, 8:18am
This is a group shot of the beads minus the fishies because there wasn't enough room so they got a special shot all on there own
This next shot I believe are all Deb's...I think!~ If they are not all your Deb let me know because we are dropping yours off to you today.
Next are Cassies, we think....if these are not all yours please let me know ASAP.
And here are the much anticipated Fishies~ They are very cool but VERY hard to photograph...took about 10 tries to get a halfway decent photo of it.
Someone please tell me who's beads these are so that I can put them together with the right stash. Thanks
It is going to be nailpolish on the mandrels for the next OT....it is too hard to keep track of them all.
have a great day and we will see you all next month for OT...not sure of the date yet...when is easter? Can people do OT that weekend or no?
Hugs for a great day~
Janien

Cassie
2009-03-12, 10:23am
How cool! Everyone made some awesome beads! Jeff was just admiring the fish, of course, cuz he's aquarium boy... everything else he didn't see because they weren't fish. :poke:

The first bead in the picture with my stash isn't mine... at least I don't recognize it. The pair of green beads in the last picture are mine... believe it or not I DID use the skinny mandrel! I used lime green on the ends of all but one bead (one of the white/pink ones) but it looks like some may have broken off, probably because they were so thin.

I can do whatever weekend... I work the 18th but only til noon so I'd be able to make it, anyway. You guys pretty much never have to worry about what works for me... I'm usually pretty much good to go on the weekends!

debkauz
2009-03-12, 10:31am
I can do anything but April 18. I don't celebrate Easter so that Saturday would work fine for me.

miniL
2009-03-12, 10:40am
I love Fishes - who made the fishes ? Is it you Patty?

and I love the purple bear - who's is it?

That looks like a lot of beads you guys made :) they are so cool - the ones with bumps are very cute.

and I think I can recognize all the Deb's beads - she has a special style! - Deb you may disagree and it's OK with me ...

OK about the hand .... don't laugh The burn was really bad, I googled the info and it sounded like a second degree burn. It hurt awfull and I couldn't keep my hand out of a water bowl and once the water got a bit warmer, I needed to change it to a cooler one. The whole palm was red like a ripe tomato.

I am posting this only because we are dealing with fire here and who knows, it might help someone.

Here is what I did.

First, I opened fresh aloe plant leaves and put them on a burn.
It was hurting a lot, so I couldn't do it for too long, maybe 5-10 min or so.

Then I neede to cool it - I wish I did that first! So I deeped my whole hand in a cold water - not freezing cold, but cool cold.
It really releaved the pain. I probably had it in the for about 20-30 min.

When I took it out of the water, it was starting to hurt in about 5-10 min.

I put fresh kefir in a plate ( I guess you can do yougurt) cold and put my hand on it. It was really helpful. we used to use it n russia for sevier sunburns - it was a lifesaver.
Kefir has live cultures in it which helps to retore skin balance, the same goes for yougurt, only kefir has a lot more.

Next, I went to water again .... ohhh and i had some ranger balm - which is supposed to be for burns and cuts and heals without wounds. So I put some on. All would be good but the burning was so bad, I just couldn't stand it.

So I was keeping it in cool water a lot, changing jars.

I went on the internet to see if there might be some good remedies and found 2 articles about using our mind and our own energy to heal our body.

So, I decided to try it .

I put my other hand over burned hand and concentrated, sending healing energy and basicaly asking the whole universe to come and help my hand to heal. I was imagining how energy of light - very powerfull poures over my hand and heals everything it touches.
I must've went into some kind of a deep meditative state becasue i remeber only half of what was going on - you may say half asleep.

I woke up and in about 15 min the burning calmed down to the point where I could handle it. I put a clean gauze pad, wraped it with bandana and went to sleep.

I remember I woke up in the middle of the night and the hand wasn't hurting - it kind of surprised me and I went back to sleep.

In the morning, I opened up my wrap and all I had a few reddish spots, no blisters, nothing - one would think it happened weeks ago!
the hand didn't hurt at all, I could touch everything with it.

I think it's pretty amazing ! I had burns before and some lasted weeks and up to a month.

Today is the 3rd day and you can barely see it.

Now, I don't know scientifically which one or maybe a combination of all those things helped. But in my heart I feel that i really believe in a power of our mind and ability to heal our bodies - if only we really work on it.

miniL
2009-03-12, 11:03am
And Thank you all very much for healing thoughts - I believe they work like nothing else in the world.

debkauz
2009-03-12, 11:12am
I think you did heal it Lana. My friend Marilyn did healing touch and when she was in her 'groove' if she was holding her hands a few inches above you and 'pulling' away the bad, you could really feel a tingling. She worked on my back from time to time and even though I could never see what she was doing, I always knew what area she was working on.
Mari's sister has hands like that too only even more so. She gave me a back massage one time and the energy I felt coming from her hands was one of the most amazing things I've ever felt. What a gift she has!
I'm glad your hand is better. It makes my hand hurt just to think about that kind of burn!

debkauz
2009-03-12, 12:34pm
OMG I made some butt ugly beads. LOL I knew the mojo wasn't there but I didn't think it was going to be THAT bad. I hate it when the beads look better in a quick picture than they do in person. And gak! what happened to that first lentil I made?! Guess I should've left off the silver glass. All I get is baby poop with it.

DARBEADS
2009-03-19, 9:45pm
Deb, went to the studio today, and picked up your beads, they turned out great! I'll get them to you on Saturday........Patty, your fishies are going in the mail tomorrow.......what no Cassie? come on girl, show us the goods from the new digs!
Lana, glad your hand is better! Had a great time with the gals at Bead Club, was the token testosterone in the room.....20 plus people this meeting! I really lack in my stringing skills.....I'll stick to makin beads.....Hope everyone's doing well.....cannot wait till we can all hook up and torch again......D

debkauz
2009-03-20, 6:53am
Thanks Darby! I'm excited to see some of them. After the schlock I made at OT, they have to be better. LOL It was a great torching day and went by amazingly fast. It was the good company.
Looking forward to the next OT whenever it is. See you Saturday.

Cassie
2009-03-20, 10:04am
what no Cassie? come on girl, show us the goods from the new digs!

What... who? I can't hear you... speak louder... the static is drowning you out... oh wait, we're not talkin on the phone. lol!

I've only made a few small beads and one big one. Still don't have a good fan so I try to not offend my respiratory system by torching very much. I wanted to make sure I didn't owe a fortune to the IRS before I got a fan and now that I know that my taxes won't cost an arm+leg I'm in the middle of *not* getting answers from a company about the fans they sell. I guess it really IS that hard to answer simple questions in an email so I've got to call.

So that means I've just been hoarding instead. I fell in love with Luna2 and Elphaba unique (dark rods) so I went for it. Prolly shoulda spent that money on the fan but oh well! It was hard to pass up the Elphaba since it's pretty much impossible to find, being a unique n all! :)

DARBEADS
2009-03-22, 5:18pm
Friday's group is meeting on Wendsday this week, see you then!

miniL
2009-03-30, 9:06pm
How is everybody surviving the snow ?

we have a pretty big load out here in NW. It's like in the midle of winter, like it's never melted. Feodor is super happy - he loves snow and jumping through the big hoops, chasing the ball through the snow is his favorite.

I love when he is happy like that :) makes me laugh a lot.

It all starting to melt pretty fast now ...

DARBEADS
2009-03-31, 10:33am
Snow here.....Snow gone!!! we live across from the park, so it's great to see people walking their dogs and playing in the snow! We're doing well, we miss you, were hoping you were going to make it out with Deb, hopefully next time!!! Deb, did you like the beads you made? there were a couple I was unsure if they were yours or Cassie's but I think I got them seperated right.....Cassie will let me know if I didn't...LOL...see everyone soon, I'm off to get a few in the oven!!!

Cassie
2009-03-31, 11:08am
Lana, I'm glad the snow makes someone out there happy... if I had a dog that loved it that much it might make me smile, too! My cats couldn't give a rat's behind for the snow. They're too busy making a kitteh pile-up on the couch when it's that cold outside to care... lol!

That's right, I'll let you know about the beads. I do think there were a few there that looked a lot like ones Deb would have made but I do think they're mine... like some of those floral beads... it seemed like she was making some of those but really, that was me. LOL!! Of course, I'm kidding... they were too fab to be something I made! :)

Before I forget to torture you guys over an OT date... please let me know when the next one is when you guys get a chance. I've got someone who would like to come out and at least visit if not actually try torching! She's never done it before but is really fascinated!

rusticstudio
2009-03-31, 12:25pm
I wanna know when the next OT is!
My schedule gets pretty full, so the sooner the better for me.
On the weekends anyway. Any chance it'll be a Friday sometime?

debkauz
2009-03-31, 2:35pm
I was going to whine about coming out to torch tomorrow but I can't anyway. LOL You all luck out. I have to do a power point presentation for Don and it has to be done Thursday. Of course, I don't have most of the information yet. It'll be interesting.

I loved the beads. I don't know why I don't do more of those florals cause I love them. There's one little bead--really pretty, swirley colors--that isn't mine. Too bad, too. I love it.

sleekbeads
2009-03-31, 6:15pm
I wanna know when the next OT is!
My schedule gets pretty full, so the sooner the better for me.
On the weekends anyway. Any chance it'll be a Friday sometime?

Me Too!!!!!
It's crazy around here as of late.
My brother is getting married in two months and the fiance's daughter was supposed to let them have the wedding at her house... well, she's not anymore, so I've been hectic trying to get them a place to have something, etc.... plus, as always, my herniated discs are HURTING like a beyotch!
And I've been feeling low, without my glass friends to make me smile and laugh at a constant pace... nobody to shoot hot glass at me from across the table.... nobody to tell me to hush when I'm singing.. blah blah blah.
If I don't get behind a torch soon, I'm going to have a bitch fit.

So... when is the next OT????

lol

Jo

debkauz
2009-03-31, 6:55pm
Jo we need to talk about your discs. I promise I'll shoot hot glass at you if you you show up.

DARBEADS
2009-04-01, 8:03pm
The next OT date:
Who can do April 1oth...Good Friday? or is
Saturday April 11th better?
Please chime in so that we can set the date.
We look forward to seeing the regulars and hopefully some of you Indiana folks can make it out...we would love to meet you!
All the BEST
Janien and Darby

debkauz
2009-04-02, 7:46am
I can do either. Saturday would work a little better but not enough to make a huge difference to me. I'll be there for either!

Cassie
2009-04-02, 10:12am
I can do either. Saturday would work a little better but not enough to make a huge difference to me. I'll be there for either!

What Deb said!

DARBEADS
2009-04-02, 9:44pm
Well, alrighty then...
Date: Saturday April 11th
Time: 1:00pm
OT Donation for Oxy and power: $15.00
Munchies to share always welcome....but hey, let's make it a healthy OT.
I will have a big yummy super delicious salad filled with all kinds of goodies that it won't even seem healthy but will be! We'll also have a bunch of drink choices and Lana I will have a coffee maker there to make hot water for Tea...you bring the tea, because i dont know what kind you like.
We can also do a garage sale if you all want...so bring stuff to sell if you got it!
Ok, theres the details!

I REALLY HOPE WE GET A BIG TURN OUT...IT WOULD BE FUN TO SEE SOME NEW FACES THERE TOO....SO COME ON INDIANA PEEPS...SW MICHIGAN PEEPS TOO!

if you need directions just drop us a PM.
See ya next Saturday,
Janien and Darby

artwhim
2009-04-02, 10:07pm
Sorry Janien and Darby, I'll have girls home from college that weekend. Little time together, you know how it goes. Have fun though! I'll make it there sometime.

rusticstudio
2009-04-03, 9:08am
Oh darn. I won't be able to make it. I have a lampworking class that Saturday.
That's the frustrating thing is that almost all my weekends have classes scheduled.

You guys have fun!

debkauz
2009-04-03, 12:23pm
No....Patty you HAVE to come!!!

DARBEADS
2009-04-03, 9:29pm
Patty, come hang with the Friday peeps if you want, there's always an extra spot! Deb, Wendsday works good, may have to leave at noon, if that's ok, Janien has a market research thingy in the am......just let me know, would be great to have you out twice in one week..........D

miniL
2009-04-03, 9:48pm
I am still doing taxes - well, not actually doing them ... more like procrastinating...

Coffee maker sounds great :) Thanks Janien I really appreciate it

... and the healthy snacks :) :roll:

If I finish my taxes before, I'll go, if not, then i have to cancell.

Fingers crossed ...

Jo - sending you good vibes and hope you can make it :)

debkauz
2009-04-04, 7:21am
Patty, come hang with the Friday peeps if you want, there's always an extra spot! Deb, Wendsday works good, may have to leave at noon, if that's ok, Janien has a market research thingy in the am......just let me know, would be great to have you out twice in one week..........D

That's fine! Just let me know when to be at your house, and I'll be there. :)

debkauz
2009-04-04, 7:22am
Lana I hope you can come! Work on those taxes this week for sure. Jo, I hope you can come too.

rusticstudio
2009-04-04, 3:11pm
Well, fridays would normally work, but this friday I have a class as well.

Maybe next week.

DARBEADS
2009-04-05, 6:43am
Anyone get the skinny on things at glass craft expo, or the international glass invitational (Vegas), I was busy and missed the web cast. Did they break the cane pull world record?

DARBEADS
2009-04-09, 7:02am
Hey Everyone,
What's up?
Is it only going to be Deb, Cassie and Possibly Lana from here for OT???
Where's all the die-hard torchers?
Hope to see a few more of you out on Saturday...weather should be perfect and wait til you see the yummies I am making...besides the salad, I am making my very own gourmet pizza's!
Looking forward to Saturday!
Janien

debkauz
2009-04-09, 7:07am
What are you doing up so early???! Thanks for a great day yesterday even with the 4 hour disaster bead. LOL See you Saturday.

rusticstudio
2009-04-09, 11:25am
So wish I could be there, but I'm teaching a lampworking class on Saturday!

Hopefully next time, but my Saturdays are usually full of teaching!

Deb, do you go out there every Wednesday? Maybe I'll join you sometime.

debkauz
2009-04-09, 11:28am
Patty I've been going out most of them lately. That'd be great if you'd come out! I'm gonna miss you Saturday.
I sure hope you don't have anything scheduled the Michigan Bead Retreat weekend except for that! I almost scheduled a PMC class for that weekend. Wouldn't have showed up for it, I'm afraid.

rusticstudio
2009-04-09, 11:31am
Oh no, that's already marked on my calendar!

DARBEADS
2009-04-10, 11:02am
We will miss you Patty!
You can come out any wednesday you want
Menu change for saturday...I am making 3 gourmet pizza's from scratch (well almost scrath) and those little rye things with crm cheese and cucumber.
YumYum
Now we need wine!
See you guys tomorrow
J & D

artwhim
2009-04-10, 11:19pm
Hope everyone has a great time! Will be thinking of you!

debkauz
2009-04-11, 8:23pm
Kathy you need to get here for a play day with us all! We miss you!!!

Thanks Darby and Janien for another great day. I'm pooped! How can you get this tired from just playing with glass and talking a lot? LOL Love you all!

artwhim
2009-04-11, 11:19pm
Someday I'll have a chance Deb! Glad you had fun.

DARBEADS
2009-04-12, 8:59am
I can't wait to get into the oven tonight, there was such a variety of cool pieces going in yesterday, it'll be like ...........Christmas............eh-hmmm......I mean.....Easter! I promise pics, as soon as possible. Thank each of you, I really had a great day, missed all of those that were unable to make it this time, but look forward to seeing you next time around the mandrel. Everbody have a blessed Easter holiday! D&J

miniL
2009-04-12, 8:13pm
\\:D/ Yeah, It was great, lots of food and torching \\:D/

Janean made a special Veggy pizza with a kick - just for me :)
and Deb brought a super delicious fruit salad with strawberries - out of this world... jelous yet? :)

It was lots of time to torch for everyone and the beads were fantastic - I can't wait to see pics.

.... sorry you missed it ? ... we missed you guys too :(

Cassie
2009-04-13, 8:16am
It was so much fun! Dying to see pics... as usual!

I told Jeff about the turkey sausage pizza and he's intrigued. He's always happy to try something new that isn't totally outrageous and that seems to have him interested. And I'm always happy for him to try something new so we aren't eating the same 4 dinners all our lives!

Thanks again Janien and Darby! Can't wait to do OT again!

sleekbeads
2009-04-15, 10:12am
Hi guys. You can't possibly imagine how much I miss torching with you. I am desperate to melt some glass. I keep an eye on this thread, but haven't been able to work any of the OT's into my schedule. I will keep my eye on it, though, and as soon as I can, I will come visit. (and melt some glass! -- hopefully!)

Hugs to you all.
Jo

DARBEADS
2009-04-16, 1:51am
Jo, come on a weekday if it works for ya, lately were there 4 to 5 days of the week, and Debs been a regular on Wed's...... we'll have two open spots at the table this Friday, and ya know if you were to show, everyone would come out of the woodwork to torch! Dido for you as well Kathy! Its been far tooo long since the BFB group has hit the gossip table with the flames burnin!!! Ahhh its just not the same anymore...... I know Patty's been busy teachin and showing........... we're here, give us a heads up when your headed our way! I'll brush up on my French....LOL.....D

DARBEADS
2009-04-18, 7:55pm
Hey peeps, don't forget the Spring Suburban Bead Encounter in Naperville tomorrow (Sunday April 19th) I'm stuck at another show and can't go.......waaahhhh!

miniL
2009-04-23, 8:46am
Hi guys. You can't possibly imagine how much I miss torching with you. I am desperate to melt some glass. I keep an eye on this thread, but haven't been able to work any of the OT's into my schedule. I will keep my eye on it, though, and as soon as I can, I will come visit. (and melt some glass! -- hopefully!)

Hugs to you all.
Jo

Jo,
we miss you too and melting glass with you ... you can't possibly imagine :(

How is your new venue doing - are you enjoing it ?

See you soon?

DARBEADS
2009-04-23, 8:16pm
Hello all, there will be 2 open spots at the table on Friday night, and I will also be in the studio on Saturday from 10am till 3pm, if anyone's interested in coming by to get some torch time in..... regular studio rate is 6.50/hr. (April 24 & 25th)

miniL
2009-05-05, 8:04pm
Got my beads in the mail - Thank you guys they are all so cute :)

Deb, thank you for letting me try the silver and the foil - it turned out quite interesting :)

rusticstudio
2009-05-05, 8:40pm
Hey! When ya gonna have another OT?

DARBEADS
2009-05-21, 1:05pm
Well Ms. Patty, we are having one this Saturday...I know it is short notice but a few people said they could make out this saturday so we thought why not. We will be at the Studio from 10am until 6pm....so come on out and torch we would love to see you all!
Also, there is room at the table this friday night if anyone would like to join us then.
Give us a call if you have any questions.
773-220-2800
Darby and Janien

Cassie
2009-05-21, 2:23pm
Hmmmm... Saturday may very well work for me! I was thinking about Friday but Saturday would be soooo much better! That and I checked out a tool I was hoping to have turned in wayyyyy sooner than this. So that's another excuse to go! :D

rusticstudio
2009-05-22, 12:51pm
Shit, I won't be able to make it. I'm going to be at the Randolph Street Market Festival Sat & Sun.

DARBEADS
2009-05-22, 9:45pm
Patti, have a great time, we'll miss ya.....we'll be torchin monday afternoon also, if you don't have anything better to do.....D&J

DARBEADS
2009-05-22, 9:48pm
Cool beans Cassie, right now it's just the 5 of us, will be great to see ya! Deb left us copius amounts of hummis!!! .....D

rusticstudio
2009-05-23, 7:52pm
Guess who I saw at the Randolph St. Market today??

DARBEADS
2009-05-26, 10:35am
Who?

DARBEADS
2009-05-26, 10:37am
O P E N T O R C H ........THIS SATURDAY MAY 30TH @ OUR STUDIO IN GRIFFITH!

We really hope (fingers crossed) that some of you can make it!

WOULD LOVE TO MEET SOME OF YOU INDIANA FOLKS TOO!!!!!

It's the usual thang~ Starts at 1pm... goes til we can't torch anymore....bring a munchie, we will have soda, water, tea, torches, music, etc...Anyone is welcome...if you plan to torch we ask for a $15.00 donation for Oxy and power. So come one, come all, we really would like to see you...summer is coming and we will all be busy with shows, family stuff, etc...so now is the perfect time for a gathering!
Questions, Directions, etc...check the website or give us a call 773-220-2800!
Janien and Darby

Cassie
2009-05-26, 11:28am
You know I'll be there... I'll consider it my official vacation kick-off! Woooo hooooo! Hurry up, Saturday! :)

rusticstudio
2009-05-26, 11:38am
George!

debkauz
2009-05-26, 11:41am
George WHO???

rusticstudio
2009-05-26, 11:44am
George who made the glass with Darby, George.