Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Jeweled Bead Cap Tutorial

Ashtonjewels
2008-12-06, 7:28pm
Hi ya'll!

The bead cap tutorial is ready. One thing changed in regards to the materials. Instead of needing seven feet of 26 gauge wire, you'll only need four. After redesigning the cap about four different ways, I found a way to save a tiny bit of material cost. . .The good news is that by doing so, the cap is prettier too.

Here's a picture of the cap the finsihed cap that I made while writing the tutorial. . .

The tutorial is for the bead cap only, not the bead or the pendant assembly.

Technical info:
Format: PDF
No. of Pages: 7
File size: Less than 1MB
Pictures: 29
Cost: $7.00

Please visit this link (http://www.lampworktreasures.com/jeweledcaptut.html) for preview and purchasing info.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Thanks!

Beadbug
2008-12-06, 7:38pm
This is beautiful thanks for taking the time to write the tut.

Ashtonjewels
2008-12-06, 7:45pm
My pleasure, Tracy. Hope you enjoy it!

umajoy
2008-12-06, 7:53pm
I just got mine. Can't wait to try it.Thank you so much.

Umajoy

Aurore
2008-12-06, 8:07pm
Ohh ... this is going to be fun to play with ! Thanks Lydia for putting this together !!

Ashtonjewels
2008-12-07, 9:06am
Thanks Lorraine and Umajoy!!!

jewlie beads
2008-12-07, 9:14am
I"m getting mine as soon as my money makes it to the bank which should be tomorrow. In the mean time, I'm going to make some beads to use with it. LOL! You do beautiful awsome work Lydia!

Ashtonjewels
2008-12-08, 8:34am
Thank you Jewlie! Congrats on your new tut also. . .Your bracelet is beautiful!

jewlie beads
2008-12-08, 9:21am
Thank you Lydia! I'm making my bead cap right now. I'm using copper until my silver order comes in, so if I mess this up then I wont cry if I have to take it apart. LOL! Its going good so far. Thank you for doing this tutorial! Its great!

Ashtonjewels
2008-12-10, 7:18pm
Thanks a bunch Jewlie! I almost always do prototype stuff in copper. Saves me bunches of money and lots of tears!

PurpleCatJewels
2008-12-10, 7:35pm
I have so been looking forward to this. I'm such a wire-wrap tut ho.

Gotta order some more wire.

~Rachelle :-D

Janetlee
2008-12-10, 7:42pm
I want to order it but with funds tight right now . It will have to wait. :pout:
Ill just have to drool over everyones bead caps.
Please post what you did with them. I love pictures.

jewlie beads
2008-12-18, 8:30am
Lydia! Thank you for such a wonderful tutorial. I just finished my first bead cap and love it. Its much simpler then yours without the gem stones (I didn't have the right color stone for my bead.) and of course I added a touch of copper but its exactly what my bead needed. Oh! Your tutorial was sooo easy to follow too. Perfect! Thank you so much!

Ashtonjewels
2008-12-18, 8:40am
Thank you Jewlie!!!! I'm so glad that you found it easier to follow. I wish I had some kind of cool drafting software for tut projects like this one. It was incredibly tough to illustrate.

jewlie beads
2009-01-09, 6:18am
I took a pic of my bead cap and thought I would share. I had fun making this. Thank you Lydia!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/Justin_mil/100_3081.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/Justin_mil/100_3080.jpg

Ashtonjewels
2009-01-09, 7:31am
Thank you, Jewlie! You did a beautiful job!!! :-)

PurpleCatJewels
2009-01-11, 8:05am
I took a pic of my bead cap and thought I would share. I had fun making this. Thank you Lydia!

OMG, Julie, that's awesome! You made it more simple to match your style...wow!

Wait until you see what I did with my bead cap :-D

Not showing until I do a liver of sulphur bath...but soon!

~Rachelle

jewlie beads
2009-01-12, 5:33am
Thank you Lydia and Rachelle! I can't wait to see yours Rachelle!

PurpleCatJewels
2009-01-13, 12:15pm
OK. Here they are...Interestingly enough, neither have anything to do with lampwork...

I started out just wanting to make the bead cap...and used copper---so intriguing! Then I realized I didn't actually have any beads big enough for it...and wasn't about to make one that big (tanked oxy is expensive y'know). I had other plans for it but the bracelet base from Julie's tutorial was just sitting there...one thing led to another and...
I just LOVE wearing it...

A friend of mine has some really huge faceted gemstone beads and when I saw them the first thing that popped into my mind was Lydia's woven bead cap! So I made one in all sterling, laced on some rubies, Swarovski rondelles, and silver beads...voilá!

I'll make more, there are some things I want to try...

~Rachelle

Tesorobeads
2009-01-13, 12:32pm
Wow your bracelet is gorgeous Rachelle.

Debbie

OK. Here they are...Interestingly enough, neither have anything to do with lampwork...

I started out just wanting to make the bead cap...and used copper---so intriguing! Then I realized I didn't actually have any beads big enough for it...and wasn't about to make one that big (tanked oxy is expensive y'know). I had other plans for it but the bracelet base from Julie's tutorial was just sitting there...one thing led to another and...
I just LOVE wearing it...

A friend of mine has some really huge faceted gemstone beads and when I saw them the first thing that popped into my mind was Lydia's woven bead cap! So I made one in all sterling, laced on some rubies, Swarovski rondelles, and silver beads...voilá!

I'll make more, there are some things I want to try...

~Rachelle

jewlie beads
2009-01-13, 6:24pm
It is gorgeous! I love the pendant also! WOW!

rifie
2009-01-13, 7:05pm
WOWZERS those are gorgeous! Well done Rachelle