Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Florida, Anyone?

sarah_hornik
2008-12-08, 9:42am
EDIT: Scroll down for more details (post #35)!

I can't go into specifics yet, but I'm officially starting a rumor that I might be teaching a few classes in Florida in late July '09, the week before the ISGB gathering (which is also in Florida).

Yes, I mean the Florida that's in THE UNITED STATES!
:-D

More details coming soon - in the meantime, I'm trying to get a feel for how much demand there would be. Let me know if you might be interested?

artic^wolf
2008-12-08, 10:49am
LOL How much demand? Surely you jest, I'm guessing there will be fighting over getting in this class. I think you should pass out numbers, and I posted first!

sherryfen
2008-12-09, 10:00am
I would definitely be interested. I live in the Tampa Bay area, and would love to take a class with you. I love your Think Pink tutorial. Please let me know if you make it happen.

Thanks,
Sherry

SheilaM
2008-12-09, 12:33pm
Yay! I am planning to attend the ISGB gathering too!
I hope we get some time to say HI!

sarah_hornik
2008-12-09, 12:37pm
I think you should pass out numbers, and I posted first!

You get to be the teacher's pet then! :grin:

sarah_hornik
2008-12-09, 12:38pm
Yay! I am planning to attend the ISGB gathering too!
I hope we get some time to say HI!

Woohoo! That would be awesome! \\:D/

pathfinder19
2008-12-09, 7:03pm
I would be interested in a class...why not....I was planning on going to the ISGB also..

SunDoorBeads
2008-12-11, 9:06pm
I would love to take the class- God I hope the economy gets better I live in South Florida and would hate to pass it up!!!! I love your work!!!!

tammydownunder
2008-12-12, 3:14pm
You get to be the teacher's pet then! :grin:

HEY! I thought I was the teacher's pet. LOL

Seriously, if any of you have a chance to take Sarah's classes, I would highly recommend them. While her Think Pink Tut. is great, NOTHING beats a live, genuine class. Sarah has beautiful class notes that accompany each day's theme and her techniques are awesome. Start saving the pennies now so you can go!

Limelight
2008-12-13, 7:03am
ME TOO! I live in central Florida and you're classes at the top of my list!

paminmd
2008-12-13, 7:12am
I live in Maryland, but my son is in school in Central Florida. What a good excuse to visit him AND take a class with Sarah!

I'm in !
Pam

born2snooze
2008-12-13, 1:27pm
I never been into any kind of gathering or meeting and stuff like that, for ISGB gathering, do you have to be a member to attend the gathering?

I'm very interested in attending and taking classes. :love:

lampworker1
2008-12-18, 6:43am
I would love to take one of your classes.

KarenBeth
2008-12-18, 4:09pm
ME ME ME!!! Count me in!

luvhotglass
2008-12-20, 7:19am
I'm running to your class! I don't care how hot it is in July! I'm all in!

mandalinn
2008-12-20, 9:43am
Uh yeah, I would so be there!

glassymom
2008-12-20, 7:36pm
Awe man, I would LOVE to take a class with you Sarah!!! Maybe my kids and dh could all chip in for an early birthday pressy!!! I'll have to start buggin them!! LOL

Karenbeth I just love your kitty avitar.....LOL

Donna P
2008-12-21, 10:11am
Yes! I'll be there! where? when?

beadmama
2008-12-21, 10:26am
I would love to come to Florida for a class with you!!;)

Rudy
2008-12-21, 11:37am
Any idea "where" in Florida??? My parents live in Kissimmee, and I might be able to make arrangements. With the exception of a beginner's class, I'm pretty much self-taught, and am interested in some real instruction!!!! I love your work!

PaulaD
2008-12-22, 12:06pm
Yay!!

Paula

McDuck
2008-12-22, 6:18pm
ME!!!!!

VitreousTyro
2008-12-23, 3:44pm
:wave: I would. I live in Florida... SOUTH Florida... and I have a sleep sofa! :biggrin:

- Jill

beadgirl
2008-12-27, 12:03pm
I'd Love to take a class with you too.
MarieAnn

moushka
2008-12-28, 8:10am
I live in Ganesville area and have spare room.... but am in the hobbyist catagory vs. artist. Could I audit the class? ;)

sarah_hornik
2008-12-28, 8:16am
Thank you all for your responses! The details are still being discussed, but as soon as I have some more concrete info I'll post it here.

Pssst... looks like I'll be visiting California as well. :-)

but am in the hobbyist catagory vs. artist. Could I audit the class? ;)

Yes - I don't teach complete beginners, but if you have experience with basic beadmaking techniques, you should be fine. :-)

moushka
2008-12-28, 8:27am
I am beyond basics.... but round beads are still a happy surprise. i make a lot of pendants because duplications on purpose are beyond me. i just love glass and am thrilled when i get torch time.

MamaLama
2008-12-28, 11:32am
I would love to take your class!!!!!!! I currently live in South Carolina and could drive or fly to Fla. I am also planning to relocate back to Cali in about six months to be near my daughters so that would be good too! Wow am I lucky cuz I didn't think I would be traveling to your neck of the woods and really wanted a chance to take a class with you> Thanks a Million!!! Thai (newbie)

Trey Cornette
2008-12-28, 2:22pm
You should contact Ron at R4 Glass studio in Cocoa Beach. Its about 5 hrs north of Miami. Nice teaching studio and wonderful hosts.

GlassGourd
2008-12-28, 2:37pm
You should contact Ron at R4 Glass studio in Cocoa Beach. Its about 5 hrs north of Miami. Nice teaching studio and wonderful hosts.

What Trey says is so true! And me TOO! I want a class spot! I'm in West Palm Beach! And I have a guest room and live close to the beach! 80-85 degree crystal clear aquamarine water . . .

Oh, BTW, Ron is about 2-2 1/2 hours north of me and the hotel in Miami where the Gathering is going to be is about 1 hour 20-30 minutes south.

lavendar420
2008-12-30, 10:56pm
If you're going to be in California anyways, you might as well swing up into Oregon... http://www.aquilaglassschool.com/

Elizabeth Beads
2008-12-31, 8:33am
Sign me up for Florida please! How do we get on the list?

My mom & dad live in Pompano Beach, so I can go north or south easily.

:) Liz :)

KarenBeth
2008-12-31, 9:35pm
Awe man, I would LOVE to take a class with you Sarah!!! Maybe my kids and dh could all chip in for an early birthday pressy!!! I'll have to start buggin them!! LOL

Karenbeth I just love your kitty avitar.....LOL

Thanks Sue! I see u changed urs. She is darling!

lillianw
2009-01-02, 6:46pm
would definitely be interested. when will you give us the details? how much and how long of a class? How about the Orlando area so I can take my son back to Seaworld?!! Lots of beautiful affordable hotels

sarah_hornik
2009-01-02, 7:00pm
Okay, time for more details! :-)

FLORIDA: I'll be teaching at Ron and Rocio's (http://www.fineartbyrocio.com/) the week before the gathering - that would be between July 19-23. I don't have the exact dates down yet, but you can contact Ron for more info.

CALIFORNIA: Classes will be at The Mandrel (http://www.themandrel.com) studio between July 31 - August 3, and you can find more info about that here: http://www.themandrel.com/class_listings.html
If you click the links for the different workshops, you'll find detailed descriptions of each one - these are the same classes I'll be teaching in Florida. Contact Donna to learn more!

Hope to see all of you there!
\\:D/

Trey Cornette
2009-01-02, 8:15pm
Okay, time for more details! :-)

FLORIDA: I'll be teaching at Ron and Rocio's (http://www.fineartbyrocio.com/) the week before the gathering - that would be between July 19-23. I don't have the exact dates down yet, but you can contact Ron for more info.

CALIFORNIA: Classes will be at The Mandrel (http://www.themandrel.com) studio between July 31 - August 3, and you can find more info about that here: http://www.themandrel.com/class_listings.html
If you click the links for the different workshops, you'll find detailed descriptions of each one - these are the same classes I'll be teaching in Florida. Contact Donna to learn more!

Hope to see all of you there!
\\:D/

You will have fun in Cocoa. It was the first place I ever taught.
Tell Ron and family I said Hi :biggrin:

sarah_hornik
2009-01-02, 8:18pm
You will have fun in Cocoa. It was the first place I ever taught.
Tell Ron and family I said Hi :biggrin:

Will do! Thanks! :-)

ItsMeRoRo
2009-01-02, 10:16pm
OH! You have made my day! I am SO there in Cali. Gosh, I can't wait. Thanks Sarah! Hope there is a package price for them all!!

GlassGourd
2009-01-03, 4:17pm
I'll be at Ron and Rocio's!!! I JUST have to be! Can't wait! Whoo hoo!

zen-mom
2009-01-03, 4:53pm
OH! You have made my day! I am SO there in Cali. Gosh, I can't wait. Thanks Sarah! Hope there is a package price for them all!!

Wow, that is so weird that you would mention that... that's exactly what I did!

ziggys
2009-01-04, 10:59pm
Though I would :love: to come to Cali (and I'm not counting it out yet) I would come to Florida to take a class. I already have an excuse to go there anyway. Not that I need another excuse besides a class with you!
Count me in!
Angela

sarah_hornik
2009-01-05, 6:51am
Info is now up on Ron and Rocio's site: http://www.fineartbyrocio.com/Classes.html

sarah_hornik
2009-01-05, 6:51am
Though I would :love: to come to Cali (and I'm not counting it out yet) I would come to Florida to take a class. I already have an excuse to go there anyway. Not that I need another excuse besides a class with you!
Count me in!
Angela

Oh cool! :-) Can't wait to meet you!

R4GlassStudio
2009-01-05, 7:00am
The information is up on the web site now. There will be Two, 2 day classes with Sarah Hornik on July 19-20 and 21-22. The web page will take deposits and payments for the class. It WILL charge shipping and tax which we will refund as soon as we see the payment. There are 8 spaces in each class making a total of 16 students over the 4 days. Before the class even got posted there are 7 people signed up, so please don't wait if you plan on coming to the class. We also included the hotel information (only two blocks away) so everything is really easy to schedule. Please let us know if you have any questions, Rocio and Ron

R4GlassStudio
2009-01-05, 7:01am
Hi Sarah,,, good timing on your post....... Rocio and Ron

sarah_hornik
2009-01-05, 7:11am
Hi Sarah,,, good timing on your post....... Rocio and Ron

:lol:

GlassGourd
2009-01-09, 2:33pm
Hi Sarah! I'm one of the 7 that is paid and in the class--both classes, I should say! Yup, I'm there! Going to be fun--and hot!

eross
2009-01-09, 3:33pm
I paid my deposit for both classes. I am already excited but now I have to wait until July!

Liz

R4GlassStudio
2009-01-12, 7:24am
ONE space left in the July 19-20 class!
http://www.fineartbyrocio.com/Classes.html

blindmonkey
2009-01-12, 9:03am
I am so JEALOUS! I wish I could afford to take a class this year, let alone go to Florida! Please say you'll come back to the states sometime in the next year or two???

GlassGourd
2009-03-21, 12:46pm
Sadly, I have a conflict and I must give up my spots in Sarah's classes. I am so disappointed. Rocio and her studio are so lovely, even more so since she got her new table and hood. I have spots in both two day classes, July 19-20 & July 21-22. The spots are not posted on the web site as open yet, so the first ones to email Ron and Rocio will get them. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

GlassGourd
2009-03-25, 6:51am
Sadly, I have a conflict and I must give up my spots in Sarah's classes. I am so disappointed. Rocio and her studio are so lovely, even more so since she got her new table and hood. I have spots in both two day classes, July 19-20 & July 21-22. The spots are not posted on the web site as open yet, so the first ones to email Ron and Rocio will get them. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

The first two day class is taken (July 19-20) is taken, but the July 21-22 class is still available. A deposit holds your spot for the class.

SaraSally
2009-04-28, 5:46am
The price for Gathering registration goes up at Midnight on April 30th. If you are on the fence, time to get off and register! www.regonline.com/ISGBMiamiGathering2009