Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Is any one else having a problem with ABR Imagery?

Ali Oops
2008-12-11, 3:17pm
I'm a newbie....but I placed an order with ABR for the CIM glass sale discount of 30%. I have been charged the full amount and have sent 2 emails now in order to have them refund the discount amount as they say in their sale post. I have sent to 2 different email addresses and have yet to have any one repley. This is not very good customer service...and being a new customer I am beinging to wonder what is going one at this point in time.

How can I get someone to contact me?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hayley
2008-12-11, 3:25pm
How about giving them a call? There is a toll-free number on its website.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex9
2008-12-11, 3:26pm
You could try calling them...866-342-4764 or 812-339-9147...not sure what time zone they're in (Indiana) but it may be too late to call today. I've had good experiences with them in the past...good luck.

Ali Oops
2008-12-11, 3:54pm
Thank you both, I appreciate your help. I do so want to have a good relationship.

Veda's Beads
2008-12-11, 3:56pm
Here's the info from the front page of the website:

"From 12-2-08 to 12-9-08, we will be offering 30% OFF ALL MESSY color 104 coe rod and frit and DOUBLE HELIX GLASS on all internet orders. You only need to purchase a minimum of a 1/4 pound of each rod or frit color to be eligible for the discount! You will not see this discount appear online but you will be discounted on your invoice. Payments made with paypal will be refunded when orders are processed."

It looks like provided you ordered between 12/2 and 12/9 and orered 1/4 pound of each color - your paypal payment will be refunded when the order is processed. If this doesn't help you, definately call them - I'm sure they'll be happy to help you!

Ali Oops
2008-12-11, 6:58pm
Thanks, I understood the post and the charge was 12/2. I've just been waiting for the refund to be posted.
I'll give them a call.

Lea Zinke
2008-12-11, 7:42pm
I've had wonderful experience with ABR, hopefully this is just a tiny snag for you! They're really great.

Best,
Lea

gubnavnania
2008-12-12, 2:22am
They might be swamped with orders. Or doing refund in batches.

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-12, 8:54pm
I found them to be less than stellar in their service/response on my first (and *only*) order. I won't be shopping with them again, despite the "we'll fix the problem on your next order" promise I eventually got. :roll:
(I shouldn't have to spend *more* money to get the original problems fixed!)

Karen Hardy
2008-12-12, 9:10pm
I've had nothing but great service from them.

I'm not discounting anyone that has had problems,
but I've found them to be pretty good at resolving
any discrepancies or bad things that can arise when
shipping one of the most fragile things known to mankind
across the planet :lol:.

...I wouldn't hold anything that happens during the holidays
against them. Right now, things are pretty frantic at almost
every vendor I've spoken to.

Corey
2008-12-13, 1:47pm
The same thing happened to me but I wasn't going to say anything b/c when you do you well I will just leave it at that. I ordered before the cutoff date too. :hide:
I'm a newbie....but I placed an order with ABR for the CIM glass sale discount of 30%. I have been charged the full amount and have sent 2 emails now in order to have them refund the discount amount as they say in their sale post. I have sent to 2 different email addresses and have yet to have any one repley. This is not very good customer service...and being a new customer I am beinging to wonder what is going one at this point in time.

How can I get someone to contact me?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

barbaracollins
2008-12-13, 5:18pm
I never have any problems with ABR!!!!

bgurden
2008-12-13, 5:53pm
i ordered and they refunded the 30% i sent repeated emails to make sure that they refunded my money and they did.

Ekkie
2008-12-13, 5:57pm
As soon as my order was despatched the 30% was refunded. I bet Ross is really swamped with orders because of the great discounts. I wouldn't worry - Ross is great.

Jenn

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-14, 7:05am
The same thing happened to me but I wasn't going to say anything b/c when you do you well I will just leave it at that. I ordered before the cutoff date too. :hide:

;)
I hear ya Corey.
I expect prompt, PROFESSIONAL, courteous & simple resolutions to problems. I got: "none of the above".

When *I* am blamed for a problem caused by the shipping dept (and I've sent a complete copy of my "confirmation" attached to the email, which wasn't even "noticed" by the person I sent it to :roll:), I get annoyed.
When pretty much everything in my box is broken from "old" packing material, I get *more* annoyed.
When I'm willing to let ALL of that go, call it usable & accept replacement of the one, truely unusable item (that likely *caused* the problem in the first place :roll:) , & I'm told "we'll replace it ON YOUR NEXT ORDER"...
Well, let's just say, THAT won't be happening anytime soon.
(PARTICULARLY since it took days for me to track down where the HECK my FIRST order had gone, due to the complete nonsense with the addressing of them package :roll:)
I have a job where I'm *really* busy @ work & don't have TIME to be friggin' around trying to contact UPS & play "push the buttons" on the phone to track & find a package that's been sent to non-existant places.

I've held my voice OUT of all the praise threads for the last several MONTHS because I *know* what comes next...the "oh, you just had bad luck" "you should try again" "I've always had wonderful service"....
Whatever.
I'm a MANAGER. I KNOW what I EXPECT from OTHER MANAGERS of BUSINESSES & the response I got WASN'T that!

~Luna
who has not much money to spend & chooses *very* carefully where to spend it.
Frig up my first order & there WON'T be a second one!

(on another note? I had a back order from LB supplies for a silly, insignificant 1/4# of glass about 2 years ago that I had paid for...and, like the foolish new glassie I was, I told Jon I wanted to KEEP the back order--:wtf: WAS I thinking?....when the glass came in, like 3 months later, Jon sent it to me, with FREE PRIORITY shipping, with no issues--now THAT is service!--I totally would have expected him to charge me shipping--or at least send me a note & try to get me to order some glass to go in that box!)

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-14, 7:56am
i cant respond to every comment here as i am not sure who you all are but you are all welcome to contact me directly at 866-342-4764 if you do have problems with abr that you would like to discuss with abr.

But to the person who opened this thread we have emailed you via reply button three times!!!!

please do call us as we do not know where to send the refund as we have emailed you many times in the past few weeks and no response from you!
please double check your spam or your reply address as something is not working
call me monday and we will get you taken care of!

as for the rest of you with any issues , first make sure you are speaking about abr, get out your invoice and call me
i am sure we can fix any issues you may have!
i am here m-f 8-5 eastern-central

thanks everyone else for the good reviews! maybe we can get some of these other guys - girls to feel the same if they would contact the correct person at our company me!!!

thanks!
ross

ps you can also email me at To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LouisCamp
2008-12-14, 7:58am
Never had a problem with ABR. Call Ross he is the man to help you.

Lou

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-14, 8:15am
I *did* email directly with Ross. Have all of them. In my email box. Saved 'em in case I ever felt it was necessary enough for me to "place another order" to get my replacement glass for attempting soft glass implosions :roll:
Like I said in my post above--after multiple emails & having to track my *OWN* package to figure out where the *heck* it had ended up, I'm pretty much done.

And I'm *very* sure I'm speaking about ABR. That's *not* the sort of mistake I'd make, either by accident, or on purpose. I know quite well how customer service can impact a company & I was quite willing to think I was a "fluke"--but it's seeming more & more like my order & treatment *wasn't* a "fluke" but that my experience was not as random as some would like it to seem.

Ali Oops
2008-12-14, 2:38pm
My intention was not to cause a problem by asking the question. Ross I am sorry for any problems this has caused you. My email address was at the bottom by my name in the emails I sent you. I also sent along the order number that you charged my Pay Pal account. I hope now you have the information you need from me as I have sent another emil to you to the above addy. Hope this clears everything up.
Thank you in advance.

Just Nancy
2008-12-15, 12:55pm
I found them to be less than stellar in their service/response on my first (and *only*) order. I won't be shopping with them again, despite the "we'll fix the problem on your next order" promise I eventually got. :roll:
(I shouldn't have to spend *more* money to get the original problems fixed!)

I've had mixed experiences. (Both ends of the scale, some fabulous, some rather frustrating.) Like most the preferred solution is to make it up to the customer on the next order. It left me feeling like, what next order?

I'll probably continue to order as the supplier I used that was closer closed. I don't like shipping further than I need to so that means ABR.

~And I know it was ABR because I have only ordered from one other place one time or them (two or three times) since the local place closed. I did have to cancel out of a class and they were top notch understanding. That too would impact me returning and putting up with slight frustrations.

NLC Beads
2008-12-15, 6:43pm
I had a problem with some broken glass due to the package being drop kicked around, and replacement glass was sent out as soon as I forwarded a list of what was broken. There was a call the day after I emailed to find out what happened, and it was resolved very quickly.

I didn't agree with a cutting fee appearing on my bill that wasn't listed on the site, but it was explained later that the cutting fee winds up offsetting any additional shipping charges that a longer package would incur. Good to know, but I would have appreciated knowing about the charge in advance - and explained that way would be a good addition to the site, if it's not already there.

Overall, if they had a great sale, I may order again - but I do tend to shop for sales at all the vendors. ;)

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-16, 6:46am
cutting fee is posted on our terms page

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

again no one has called us concerning any of these issues so am i to take this as a complaint section for customers to just blow off steam? seems like that should be in the bathroom thread?

I mean what is the point of complaining if you are not seeking a resolution?

I have made my self available to fix any issues that you might have and am insulted that you are not willing to pick up the phone and confront me about them if they are serious enough for you to post about them?????

Cody_ABR
2008-12-16, 7:02am
I'd like to take a moment to share my thoughts about our decision making process.

First, allow me to differentiate between the negative posts that consist of actual issues that we have been given an oppurtunity to address,and the secondary type which appear to be a form of venting frustrations that seem to be "unresolveable". We welcome constructive criticism in the form of negative posting because that is how we innovate our business strategy. In regards to the secondary type of negative posting, we only ask you include a proposed solution so we have an ability to start a constructive dialogue about how to address your concerns. Going over and over on an issue may feel necessary, and that is your right as a consumer. If the main focus of these posts is to help a future patron avoid the pitfalls you have experienced, then lets take that into consideration when posting. If your focus is to relieve ABR of potential customers, then your time here is of no significant value to forwarding the industry. That being said:

I started working here over two years ago. Over the past two years I have seen our business expand dramatically. We have moved into a huge warehouse and have added product line after product line. With growth comes a need for new jobs in the office and the warehouse accordingly. As our business continues to grow, we have experienced "growing pains".
We continue to pride ourselves on higher quality product, and an unbeatable selection of in stock merchandise.

While we strive for perfection, mistakes are an inevitable cost of doing business. Only by providing us adequate opportunity to fix our mistakes, can we continue to progress. If are attempts to solve a problem aren't satisfactory, we depend upon feedback from our customers to improve our methods of delivering sound customer service.

We are in a fragile industry that depends on distributors to stock items at a large volume to keep vendors cash flow high and where vendors try to keep prices down to make items affordable.
All of this brings us to a fine line that all of us walk. We are all trying to work in this industry.Only by making tough descions do we move forward, or back in some cases. But that is what all of us have to do as small business owners.
I personally feel that our "professionalism" has grown over time, and we will continue to build this business into something great.Everyone in this industry works on limited budgets and with limited resources. We are no different. As I mentioned, we are still experiencing "growing pains", but we are well aware of each and every time someone is upset.
After reading your posts I understand why you are upset and the way the situation was handled was unacceptable. I am certain Ross and I would be more than willing to make it right, especially seeing how upset you are. So far we have yet to receive a phone call after Ross posted that he would personally fix any problems if given the oppurtunity.
As a manager you know that no matter how good you are it is up to each individual employee to provide the service your customers deserve.
We have had a relatively large amount of turnover in the office over the past year due to this very issue (percieved lack of customer service). At this point, I feel comfortable with our office staff, and its ability to render quality customer service. For many years we operated under a policy of settling up on the next order due to the nature of fraudulent orders. Generally fraud occurs with first time customers and as a small business we used this as a means to ensure ourselves that the customer had no ill intent. This is obviously a policy that is flawed and needs revision. I am looking forward to hearing everyones thoughts on how to better our customer service, while maintaining a small business budget. We would like to devote more time to the situation, but as we all know time is a limited resource.

I hope by taking a moment to post our thoughts on the matter, we have shown that we do care about our customer's satisfaction, but we are far from perfect. Only with cooperation and understanding from our customers can we continue to turn your feedback, into actual changes in our practices and standards. With this type of constructive dialogue, we hope to benefit future customers.

Cody Sexton - ABR =D>

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-16, 7:13am
As a MANAGER (retail, 20+ years), I can tell you with 100% certainty, that if a customer is dissatisfied on their FIRST visit, there will likely NOT BE a SECOND visit. They simply will find another place to do business.
That's a well known fact.

Settling up on the next visit/order for damages makes no sense, because you are in essence forcing the customer to spend MORE to make something "right" that they ALREADY paid for. 99% of customers AREN'T going to do that--they're going to be disgusted & find another place to spend their money. If you're concerned with fraudulent behavior, send a call tag for the damaged item. Ask for a PHOTO of the damaged item. FILE A UPS CLAIM for the damaged item (YOU'RE USEING UPS--YOU'RE INSURED FOR $100 AUTOMATICALLY ON EVERY SHIPMENT!!--use it & let them sort it out by picking up the damages from the customer.)

What you "lose" to what you are calling "fraudulent behavior" you will MORE THAN GAIN BACK in happy, repeat customers & word-of-mouth advertising.
Rather than annoyed people who spread the word (and believe me, they DO spread the word--if not on forums, by word-of-mouth--people DO talk to each other in person, OFF forums!) that ordering from ABR is a hassle, comes with "issues" & well, it's just EASIER to shop elsewhere unless you're really *desperate*.

I don't make phonecalls from work generally to "sort out" issues with orders--I send emails late @ night & hope I get responses the next day!

~luna
(and for anyone who thinks I'm posting here to keep ABR from knowing who I am? My full name & address is posted right in the RAOGK section--it's not rocket science to figure it out!)

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-16, 7:26am
arguing for the sake of arguing is not the point here ....

if you want something fixed then call

if you just want to complain again and agian then take this to the bathroom thread!

bshelle
2008-12-16, 8:57am
I had a problem with a large ticket item purchased and shipped from ABR. ABR referred me to the manufacturer to resolve the problem, which I thought odd at the time. However, ABR was very prompt with communication to me, and also advocated with them, and my frustrations were mainly with the manufacturer. It was resolved and all is well. I decided to go with ABR again for different products and been completely satisfied with their prompt shipping and excellent packaging and communication.

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-16, 9:32am
Thanks shelley

Call me direct any time with any issue

We do care!!!

Just Nancy
2008-12-16, 1:50pm
I don't think this is a thread just to complain. For example I have said I have had several situations that I thought were really, above and beyond.

The other issues, I think are more about spelling out policy. For example I paid like $12 once to get a pound and a half of glass and bead release from one end of the state to the other. I knew shipping would be expensive so I asked about other glass I wanted to order. I thought I was maxamizing the box. Unfortunately, when it arrived some glass turned out to be out of stock. The solution was it was offered (as I recall at a discount) on back order. Except, I chose to not order again, and buy a couple pounds of glass and pay high shipping again. Had I known, I would have waited for the whole order.

I don't think that needs to be resolved. I didn't like the terms. I will order larger orders in the future. I also think it is fair to respond to others. Mostly I think they will get as good of service from ABR as any place. (I've been known to be pretty darned vocal about a couple other suppliers and I am much less polite or understanding.)

I also think it is reasonable to mention not being 100% satisified. No one can satisfy everyone all the time. I think if people know the good and bad they can better be suited to their supplier and fewer will be frustrated.

GlassyEyedGirl
2008-12-16, 2:28pm
I bought glass from ABR once so far on the advice of a local glass artist/teacher (Jari Sheese), and I have nothing but good comments on my own experience. I actually showed up AT their warehouse and was promptly greeted and ushered around with great hospitality while making my glass selections. They offered great suggestions and even threw in a short rod or two of some new colors for me to try out. I was so impressed that I ended up making a much larger purchase than I originally planned. I will definitely order from them again. Thanks guys, and nice post Cody! Sorry to hear that there have been glitches for others, hope it all gets ironed out.

lampworker1
2008-12-16, 2:47pm
Hi ABR, Just speaking for me I got my shipment of glass yesterday. It arrived quickly and it was well packed to prevent breakage.

Thanks

Ali Oops
2008-12-16, 3:16pm
Ross if I had a phone I would call you...I use the computer at the library and have sent you numerous emails. Please see that the situation is taken care of, I really don't want to issue a dispute thru Pay Pal but I do expect this situation to rectified. I would certainly call you but I have sent you everything you need ...copied all the Pay Pal info, the tracking number from the shipping copies of my emails and yours. I can not be out charges from a pay phone as well.

I have not complained, I have simply asked a question, but at this point I'm to believe you really do not want to settle this or you would take the info I have sent you and clear up the problem.

Please handle this, thank you.

Lisa A
2008-12-16, 3:36pm
I personally LOVE ABR, and I order from them all the time. I find them to be prompt and professional. They have an awesome inventory, and well, they are just great guys! From my experiences, I would highly recommend them!

NLC Beads
2008-12-16, 5:50pm
cutting fee is posted on our terms page

Thank you for adding it - I did look over the whole site searching before I emailed you about it on the order I placed. :)

Puddy Tat Glass
2008-12-16, 7:29pm
I've only placed orders with ABR two or three times and each time I've had some sort of problem...usually items out of stock. The problem is that it seems to take them quite a while to notify me and when they do they don't offer to back-order, they just send me an email telling me to reorder at a later date. I reorder, just with another vendor. And, when I've responded to an email for a sale it's really frustrating to find that most of the items (usually colors) I'm ordering are out of stock...and if I re-order them later I wont be getting the sale price. I'd like to support them with my business, but I just don't have the time to deal with all the re-ordering...I'd rather just place an order with a company that will send me my order when they get it in if the item is back-ordered.

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 5:54am
thanks we all here appriciate your post!!!!! As well as your business!!!!

Troll Lover
2008-12-17, 6:30am
I had my first overseas order with ABR a while ago (catching the last bits of original ASK Silver Cinnamon). It arrived (after the customs checked my package and charged me) safe & sound within 4 weeks. The delay was from the customs.

I ordered again now, curled ivory, tools and some other glass. I expect it to arrive "soon" and without problems :).

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 6:54am
Ross if I had a phone I would call you...I use the computer at the library and have sent you numerous emails. Please see that the situation is taken care of, I really don't want to issue a dispute thru Pay Pal but I do expect this situation to rectified. I would certainly call you but I have sent you everything you need ...copied all the Pay Pal info, the tracking number from the shipping copies of my emails and yours. I can not be out charges from a pay phone as well.

I have not complained, I have simply asked a question, but at this point I'm to believe you really do not want to settle this or you would take the info I have sent you and clear up the problem.

Please handle this, thank you.

you sent it today and it was refunded today!!!

thanks!!!!

ross

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-17, 6:57am
arguing for the sake of arguing is not the point here ....

if you want something fixed then call

if you just want to complain again and agian then take this to the bathroom thread!

Not "arguing for the sake of arguing".
Tried to get my issue fixed via email, YOU considered it "fixed" by telling ME you'd replace my glass on a "future order". There won't be one. End of story for me. I DON'T DO PHONES.

I'm not "complaining again & again"--this is the FIRST TIME I've *ever* posted MY experience with YOUR company on ANY forum--I've held my voice for several months--spoken to folks in person, found I'm NOT the only one with similar experience though!
I'm "known enough" that you *won't* easily discredit *me* by saying "take it to the bathroom" (nor will I accidentally post anything resembling a personal attack that will get the thread flushed--I know how the forum works :lol:)
I'm *very choosy* about who I spend my *very limited* spending money with--I'm probably choosier than most due to my profession--I demand the BEST from my staff & they *know* it.

~luna

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 6:58am
I've only placed orders with ABR two or three times and each time I've had some sort of problem...usually items out of stock. The problem is that it seems to take them quite a while to notify me and when they do they don't offer to back-order, they just send me an email telling me to reorder at a later date. I reorder, just with another vendor. And, when I've responded to an email for a sale it's really frustrating to find that most of the items (usually colors) I'm ordering are out of stock...and if I re-order them later I wont be getting the sale price. I'd like to support them with my business, but I just don't have the time to deal with all the re-ordering...I'd rather just place an order with a company that will send me my order when they get it in if the item is back-ordered.

that is wierd

are you sure you speak of us?? we do have a full back order system!!!!!! and have had it for at least 5 years!!! if you let your items go on back order we do also keep the sale pricing!!!!!!! we also carry a huge stock

i think that you have us mixed up with some one else!!!!!

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 7:19am
Tried to get my issue fixed via email, YOU considered it "fixed" by telling ME you'd replace my glass on a "future order". There won't be one. End of story for me. I DON'T DO PHONES.

I'm not "complaining again & again"--this is the FIRST TIME I've *ever* posted MY experience with YOUR company on ANY forum--I've held my voice for several months--spoken to folks in person, found I'm NOT the only one with similar experience though!
I'm "known enough" that you *won't* easily discredit *me* by saying "take it to the bathroom" (nor will I accidentally post anything resembling a personal attack that will get the thread flushed--I know how the forum works :lol:)
I'm *very choosy* about who I spend my *very limited* spending money with--I'm probably choosier than most due to my profession--I demand the BEST from my staff & they *know* it.

~luna

seems like you are arguing for the sake of arguing when you wont accept a resolve

i mean your order was for less than $60 and you only have ordered from us one time!!! so i think that you should reconsider but since you wont .... that is why i think you are continuing to argue for the sake of it!!!

if you wanted to have any thing fixed you would call me but you dont do phones

well thats ok but i am sure that if you did a phone you would get a better resolve to this situation

you still have not told us what is wrong with your $60 order
a broken rod?
you are right you could file a ups claim if you like, however since it is such a small claim and a huge waste of time to file you nor i decided to take the time to do this as it would be easier for us to take the blow and we could just make it up to you when you reorder but since you wont accept that as a fix to a very minor issue i stand to conclude you are arguing for the sake of arguing!!!!

just as you are choosey who you spend your money with we are as choosey with who we deal with !!! so at this point we would recommend that you find another supplier! We expect a fair shake at fixing issues with our customers and when we are told that our terms and conditions are not acceptable we have no other alternative than to feel this way!
We have satisfied over 30,000+ customers some with likes and some with dislikes but at least they have let us help handle situations when they arise with reasonable out comes for both parties. As well it is odd you feel the way you do when we have been in business over 10 years! If everyone felt the way you do then we surley would not be here to respond in this manner. This is much different than retail store enviornment and we cannot guarentee that everyone calling us is not trying to get a free ride! Surley you can understand that as our customers, especially first time ones, are not standing at our business and we cannot make judgements based on personal feeling or expression. Thus our policies must stand to ensure that us and our repeat customers are protected. They are posted on our site if you would take time to read them before ordering i think that it would help!

FlameFilly
2008-12-17, 10:14am

~luna

I find it ironic that you are all over ABR but when I posted an issue in the bathroom about a vendor(last year) I was having a problem with you jumped down my throat and told me I had no patience and to cut the vendor a break after it had been 2 weeks with no contact at all. Oh yeah and you told me to *CALL* which I had already done and left 2 messages...I believe the vendor was a friend of yours, or at least that's the impression I got. I bit of a double standard it seems!

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 10:45am
that would make sense!

Just Nancy
2008-12-17, 10:49am
Kimberly I think it is To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. but I also think To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. works too.

Puddy Tat Glass
2008-12-17, 10:51am
I am absolutely speaking of ABR Imagery. A few months ago I called because I got the usual email saying that I would need to re-order some items that were on sale. I asked your customer service person if I could just get the back-order sent later and he said I could but it would be at the regular price...he knew that I wasn't very happy. When I got the order there were other issues which were addressed via email with your company so I wont go into them here. No, I don't have you confused with any other vendor...sorry.

that is wierd

are you sure you speak of us?? we do have a full back order system!!!!!! and have had it for at least 5 years!!! if you let your items go on back order we do also keep the sale pricing!!!!!!! we also carry a huge stock

i think that you have us mixed up with some one else!!!!!

Just Nancy
2008-12-17, 10:54am
I find it ironic that you are all over ABR but when I posted an issue in the bathroom about a vendor(last year) I was having a problem with you jumped down my throat and told me I had no patience and to cut the vendor a break after it had been 2 weeks with no contact at all. Oh yeah and you told me to *CALL* which I had already done and left 2 messages...I believe the vendor was a friend of yours, or at least that's the impression I got. I bit of a double standard it seems!
I do find it interesting about vendor threads, or any number of other threads. Some people get told to get over it. Others receive sympathy, help with resolution, etc.

I have to say (not specifically to you) don't like having to call to discuss my issues. Plus if it gets to the point I'm unhappy I'd prefer have it in writing. My beef with unnamed vendor has been explained as me misunderstanding, or them trying to save me money. Um I don't think so, I know when I'm told you don't need this because of the torch you are using. (And we were talking a basic, not as basic as bead release, but close.) If it was in writing you better believe I would have kept it and produced it when later told I misunderstood. :(

But I respect a businesses right to prefer phone calls. I just think it is legit to discuss.

I too find the resolution with later purchases frustrating. But that's me. I am sure there are countless reasons for a company to choose that policy.

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 11:07am
I am absolutely speaking of ABR Imagery. A few months ago I called because I got the usual email saying that I would need to re-order some items that were on sale. I asked your customer service person if I could just get the back-order sent later and he said I could but it would be at the regular price...he knew that I wasn't very happy. When I got the order there were other issues which were addressed via email with your company so I wont go into them here. No, I don't have you confused with any other vendor...sorry.

please forward that email you speak of to me !
i would like to know which employee you were speaking to as that is not our policy!!!! do you know that persons name?

Mr. Smiley
2008-12-17, 11:15am
I think I've seen Ross run a sale that has said "Limited to stock on hand."

That might be the issue with a back order being regular price... not sure, just trying to help.

I love ABR. Have never had anything but great service and I'm truly shocked that anybody would be unhappy with their service. I've been there in person and I've seen how they treat people.

I'm not trying to discount or discredit anyones experience... it is what it is. I'm just surprised by it, that's all. I hope you'll take a deep breath and see if you can work it out. Seems like so little at stake monetarily... I hate to see bad feelings caused by less than the cost of a descent meal out. Know what I mean... ;)

Just Nancy
2008-12-17, 11:18am
Thank you! I just added them to my favorites list.
:) No problem. I'm hoping it was ok to post for him. If not, I'll edit later today.

I found them because lampworkingsupplies was my other full time supplier. (Usually walk in, but sometimes I checked their site.) ;) I still type it in because I have less issues with typos, and habit. (Yes I'm slow.) :)

Puddy Tat Glass
2008-12-17, 11:22am
Ross I was really hoping it was still in my "trash", but unfortunately my email trash is automatically cleared and it wasn't there (only had 3 items in my trash)...otherwise I would have forwarded it on to you. You sound sincere about wanting to provide good customer service and having been a business owner myself, I understand how things like this can happen...especially with new employees. I'd love to be able to order from ABR and feel confident that my order would be filled, even with back-orders. If it's okay with you, next time I get an email requesting that I re-order at a later date, or if I get a response from an employee telling me that I can "back-order" at the regular retail price I will ask for you personally. I don't like having problems with vendors, just like you don't like having problems with customers...I'm willing to do whatever I can to resolve these issues with your company so my experience as a customer will be satisfactory in the future.

please forward that email you speak of to me !
i would like to know which employee you were speaking to as that is not our policy!!!! do you know that persons name?

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 11:41am
thanks for being understanding and working with us

we look forward to your future business and hope we can better assist you in the future!!!

thanks
ross

call me direct on my cell if you must any time

812-322-2539

i do care!!!

Puddy Tat Glass
2008-12-17, 11:51am
Thanks so much Ross. I'll hang onto your cell number and make sure I keep any emails or employee names so we can better deal with any of these issues in the future. Much appreciated Ross.

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 11:56am
yes that is the only way that i can pinpoint any internal issues!!!

thanks for helping make us better!
ross

rosemarie23
2008-12-17, 12:30pm
you still have not told us what is wrong with your $60 order
a broken rod?

[... snip ...]

just as you are choosey who you spend your money with we are as choosey with who we deal with !!! so at this point we would recommend that you find another supplier!

Ummmm.... wow.

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 1:05pm
i hope rose that you would fully understand this situation before being so awed, this is not the attitude we take with out regular customers

I spend 12 hours + each day trying to make people happy when you are told it is not good enough even when you offer the farm what is left to do?

I believe that we as vendors should have rights as well.

rosemarie23
2008-12-17, 1:19pm
Sure Ross, I see your frustration. On the other hand, if I were to order from any vendor and have a problem, I would need to handle it by email. First, I'm terrified of using the phone, second, the nature of my job prevents me from having large blocks of time available to make phone calls (thankfully... lol.). Vendors are typically not open when I'm not at work. (I work a lot, sigh...)

And sort of related, I had a problem with a different, but beloved vendor. I felt that I was treated like a criminal. Of course they never offered to make it right on a subsequent order, but if they had, there is an ice cube's chance in you know where that I would ever order a second time. If someone treats me really bad the first time, why would I go back for more abuse?

So, I guess I was just having a flashback moment....

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-17, 1:59pm
no problem i understand that

but look at the other side for a minute

we unfortunately receive calls weekly at least with folks who say they are missing items want replacements to tubing or rod simply scratched or minorly damaged etc
sometimes they are right or wrong but we need to know if they are serious claims or not !
if is a small order we usually don't mind replacing it on the next order, if you send us pictures and your entire order is damaged then we will claim it and reship.

however situations are handled case by case and first order customers with really tiny orders where reshipping costs more than the profit of the order does not make sense!
thus we will replace on the next order seems fair to me! we give a little and so do you Seems fair when it is generally ups who does the damage, i mean we are working with glass . We have spend over 10,000 in machinery to package our products as best as possible and we still have damages, do we file for every broken rod?

any way you look at it we do handle customer service as well as we can here !

if you like you can email me personally at To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

however it is impersonalable and a nice phone call would be appreciated , this is why we offer a 866-342-4764 toll free number!

I hope our service or passion at least shows with all these replys! If i were only spending this time makeing beads!!!!

infinitecharms
2008-12-17, 4:46pm
I love ordering from ABR. They ship really fast and I get my order in a couple of days. One time they didn't have something in stock so they called me and asked if I still wanted it or if I would take a replacement item. They are one of my favorite vendors.

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-17, 6:08pm
Ok--you want it IN the thread?
(after all, it *should* be IN your emails--if you keep them for any length of time--I know I keep *all* of MY business oriented stuff for at *least* a year. I've GOT the originals)

1) My order, PROPERLY placed, was shipped to a mis-address. 1/2 addressed to my "business name", 1/2 to my work address. Ended up in the UPS mystery bin, because no one of that business exists at that address. When I *finally* figured out what the heck had happened, and forwarded the information to ABR, as an "FYI", I was promptly told "well, if you fill out your 'ship to' part of the order form properly, that won't happen again"...uh, yeah, well a) I DID & b) I ATTACHED THAT TO MY EMAIL--which, if you read it--you'd SEE that on the bottom of my email--I attached it, as "proof" & so that you could "research, resolve & retrain the shipping staff"--at that point I wasn't "complaining"---I was simply trying to let ABR know they had an "issue" that might need attention--I *know* as a retail manager, I *like* to catch those things AS they happen, & WELCOME nicely worded "heads-up" information--I sure as HELL don't immediately reply with "oh, you must have filled out your form wrong, here's how you do it right next time, it was your own fault your order got lost" back to the CUSTOMER (particularly without READING the entire email!!)

2) EVERY freakin' rod in my order was snapped in half, or shattered completely. Despite this, the ONLY thing I asked for replacement on was the pound of fat rods of clear I ordered to practice implosions (ironic that suddenly the amount of my order is known, but not what I *exactly* had problems with or what I asked for replaced?) The CAUSE of this was the "inflate by magic" (yes, I actually *do* know how the flat-film, inflate after packing works--I've worked for a book-shipping company that used it) foam was stiff as a board & not soft--and the fact that a half-length rod of FAT clear was packed dead center in the bundle & when the other SKINNY rods were PRESSED into it by the inflating foam, it was likely too much stress on them, & caused the shattering...
Because I don't mind working with shorts (heck, I buy enough of them--though generally I shop for them at BARGAIN prices--not "full price"!), I wasn't going to quibble over all the *colored* glass--I was particularly upset about the really FAT clear glass, as I had ordered that SPECIFICALLY to attempt doing implosions--and short, sharp-edged, bits of it really ISN'T going to do "nice, easy, practice pieces" for me.

Is it worth it to me to spend more money (plus more shipping....) for a "free" pound of clear? Nope. I wrote it off (the joy of being a SMALL business) & ordered a little bit of a slightly smaller diameter from JameyLynn to replace it.--if I was going to order more glass & pay shipping, I wanted it to be from a company that didn't automatically *assume* that because I had a problem on an order I was "automatically fraudulent"!

(I am so DONE with this thread now--the number of PM's I've been getting is totally hysterical though--the people who are afraid to post because they've been "been rude to" or "made to feel like they were wrong for having a problem with ABR" is INCREDIBLE! )

~luna
who has *also* worked for mail-order only companies as well (yeah, that book place I mentioned...we used to make decisions "up to $200 in favor of the customer if necessary"...I *do* know what I'm talking about--I'm not just an "in person" retail worker--and the retail stores I manage? They're not just "tiny" stores either!)

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-18, 6:04am
any pictures we can file a claim for you ! i am sure we did not purposefully send you broken rods.
did you send pictures in your emails?

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-18, 8:16am
No pictures--I offered them & you told me not to bother (so I didn't) because you "belived me", wouldn't be filing a claim & would "replace the clear, unusable glass on the next order" as "policy".
I actually respect "policy" (even if I don't AGREE with it)
What I *don't* respect is making out EVERY customer to be WRONG.
Implying they're wrong, treating them RUDELY (which is EXACTLY how I was treated--when I sent the "my glass went missing, here's why" email, my ORIGINAL order was attached underneath, with the PERFECTLY CORRECT shipping information--and yet, the response was "well, next time fill it out right" :roll:, uh, maybe someone in SHIPPING should learn to READ & fill out the UPS information RIGHT. Duh.)
And then blabbing around forums that "first time order-placers are generally when people are fraudulent" (uh, they're NOT, they're generally trying out a new vendor) or that anyone who DOES have an issue is "rude" or some other such nonsense.
I know for a fact that I was anything BUT rude in my emails (and yes, I've still got them--every single one of them) to you. I was clear, concise & professional. I didn't ask for "full replacement" of the glass, I didn't ask for refunds, I simply sent the FIRST one to let you know you had issues with your shipping dept. that needed attention.
I GOT rude, "you did it wrong" responses.
When I sent the "my glass got wrecked, but I'll use 90% of it anyway" email I got the same type of response.
In all honesty, it would have been *CHEAPEST* (if you wanted to save shipping, since that seems to be a huge concern of yours :roll:) to either offer a refund of the cost of the clear, or why the HECK not just issue a transferable gift certificate in the amount of the clear that was wrecked? Heck, I would have "secret santa" gifted it to someone who loved your company--they'd have been happy, it would have "gotten used on a future order" so ABR wouldnt' have been out money--ABR would have gotten a "future order" from SOMEONE out of the deal & instead of being pissed of several months later (yes, I know, it's been several months--but, when I've got a "you can have glass, but only if you order again" thing sitting in my email box, & I don't have MONEY to place orders, it kinda eats at me, you know??? Plus it's an UNRESOLVED CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUE--and in my job, I have to RESOLVE those within a week or less!)

Now, I really AM out of this thread. I'm not even sure why the heck I'm replying THIS time, except that I'm still getting PM's (and I want to re-assure all the "not frequent posters" that really, I'm not afraid of my "forum friends" hating me for saying that I'm *not* a fan of ABR -- I don't post to make my forum friends happy--I post what *I* know to be true!)

~luna

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-18, 8:30am
we have said our piece.

happy holidays

Wendyki
2008-12-18, 8:45am
Now I have seen the issues with Abr pop up here and there and I have ordered once or twice. I had a small slight problem with the compatibility of some shorts I ordered. Which were already at an awesome price. Rosss came on the phone with me and fixed the problem immediatley. It was with a future credit on my next order because it was a small amount. If it were anymore then 10.00 then I might have been a little miffed by this. And I understand How Luna is feeling
I havent ordered again because I havent had the money to order anywhere but if I did have money I would certainly give him another shot. Now all I need is the magic money fairy to help me out so I can move out and start ordering glass again :)

squid
2008-12-18, 8:47am
we have said our piece.

happy holidays

Not much of a response really. You blew a chance to get some good PR by admitting you were wrong in how you handled her order - and you were.

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-18, 9:00am
i am not so sure that we did but i appriciate your opinion

PyroBarry
2008-12-18, 9:21am
Wendy, when you find the "Magic Money Fairy" ... could you forward his/her contact information to me :-)

Wendyki
2008-12-18, 9:34am
Sure thing Barry :)

Just Nancy
2008-12-18, 9:47am
I'm not meaning to be snotty, but it seems as if issues are dealt with differently if it is a small order or early in the business relationship. That may account for how some have such glowing reports and others have mixed experiences.

That saddens me as a customer because I am a small customer but my experience with out of stock items was that it was offered as ordered at a later time. (But as I said, I have decided I won't buy more and pay shipping for another order just to get what I wanted the first time.) There is such a big hit for the first part of the order. Adding glass on isn't as expensive. So sure, it looks expensive for ABR to incur, but it is just as expensive for me.

Luna, I'm sorry you've had a run around. I think it is a slippery slope to use words like first time customers, small orders, fraudulent and regular customers. I get the feeling from lots of threads that regular customers get lots of perks (or the walk ins, big customers, big names, etc) and the occasional customer well they don't seem to account for enough of the bottom line to get the same treatment.

As long as expectations are the same on both sides, no one should be upset. There is surely a vendor for every consumer.

Puddy Tat Glass
2008-12-18, 10:23am
When I ship UPS damages are automatically covered up to $100. I have had a couple of claims filed and had absolutely no problem with UPS and my customer was immediately reimbursed, I did not wait till UPS paid me.

If I ordered anything, small order or big order, and it was damaged and the vendor offered to replace it on my NEXT order that would be it for me. I'd never use that vendor again.

Treating first time customers with less respect and consideration than your regular customes dosn't make any since to me. Those first time customers are potential "regular" customers if you treat them right. And of course you don't know what kind of customer they are until you've developed a business relationship with them...you can't do that by treating them like their order isn't worth your time.

Just my opinion...and Just Nancy, I'm glad to see that someone else got the "out of stock reorder later" reply and it wasn't just me. Luna, I feel for your situation and completely understand your anger at being treated like your $60 order wasn't important and I imagine you probably are getting a lot of support in PM's.

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-18, 11:20am
The irony is that I wasn't looking for support--I'm just SHOCKED at how many people I'm getting PM'd by who had similar experiences but were afraid to post due to the "might get flamed" syndrome or the "but everyone else loves ABR & no one else has problems" syndrome.
I'm *not* afraid to speak up (shocker that, huh?), and probably should have done so earlier--and for that I'm sorry--my apologies to anyone who has ordered & gotten the same treatment AFTER I did. I apologise for holding back my own experience from the forum as long as I did.
~luna

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-18, 12:50pm
"but everyone else loves ABR & no one else has problems" syndrome."

we are still here i do not think that this is a syndrome!

One experience is hardly indiciative of an entire business

if you would only give us a chance to redeem our selves we could move forward

i am at a complete loss for words we have offered to fix the problem, that is all we are able to do

we do not prioritize customers, we only attempted to explain why we iniatially set in place our policy of settling up in the future. We also explained we are willing to adjust our policy and procedures when it is justified.

pierces*designs
2008-12-19, 8:38am
As a potential repeat customer, the responses that I am reading from the seller are making me back away.

Obviously Ross, you are happy with your responses, that is fine. But as a money-spending potential customer I can tell you that my gut feeling is that I do not want to do business with a company that appears to dismiss their customers.

JMHO. Not that it matters since you can choose who does business with you, as you said.

LampworkbyLori
2008-12-19, 11:38am
I :love: ABR.

Their sales are fantastic (and frequent!).

Their efforts to expand their product lines are brilliant, including the latest addition of some pretty cool and economical tools made especially for lampworkers.

Their terms are very reasonable.

Their shipping turnaround is lightning quick.

Their prices are the best around.

Their customer service and availability is above and beyond.

Based on the feedback in this post (and others), where so many have sung their praises, I'm kind of surprised that anyone would deny him or her self these advantages after one unfortunate experience. (I mean no disrespect to previous posters in this thread by that statement.)

I'm saddened by how nasty this thread has become. There is no better answer than to work with ABR in the spirit of reconciliation.

Sue in Maine
2008-12-19, 11:58am
I :love: ABR.

Their sales are fantastic (and frequent!).

Their efforts to expand their product lines are brilliant, including the latest addition of some pretty cool and economical tools made especially for lampworkers.

Their terms are very reasonable.

Their shipping turnaround is lightning quick.

Their prices are the best around.

Their customer service and availability is above and beyond.

Based on the feedback in this post (and others), where so many have sung their praises, I'm kind of surprised that anyone would deny him or her self these advantages after one unfortunate experience. (I mean no disrespect to previous posters in this thread by that statement.)

I'm saddened by how nasty this thread has become. There is no better answer than to work with ABR in the spirit of reconciliation.

Um, from what I've been reading, ABR has NOT offered Lunamoonshadow ANYTHING by way of reconciliation. Being told they will "make it up to her on her NEXT order" did NOT fix the problem.

I may not be posting in this thread but I HAVE been reading. Attitudes CAN and DO affect where I spend my hard earned money.

Sue

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-19, 12:12pm
just let it die Sue...really. It's all good. I got my glass elsewhere--it came perfect & to the RIGHT address. No one was "snarky" at me & told me to "fill out my order right next time" after not actually *reading* my email. I'm ok with it. Seriously. I'll shop where "first time small orders" aren't automatically considered to be "fraudulent" if there's a problem with them ;).
I'm thrilled for those who get good service WHERE & WHEN they get it. I'm NOT a "phone person", nor am I one who places BIG or frequent orders (my budget doesn't allow for that) so I'll shop where any issues I have get resolved properly & professionally by email.

Puddy Tat Glass
2008-12-19, 4:26pm
I agree with you completely Pierces and rather than continue to put up with problems I've just gone ahead and removed myself from their mailing list. There are just soooo many wonderful companies out there that value every customer, it's just not worth all the hassels and worries when you do have problems with an order. It's the easiest resolution from my perspective.

As a potential repeat customer, the responses that I am reading from the seller are making me back away.

Obviously Ross, you are happy with your responses, that is fine. But as a money-spending potential customer I can tell you that my gut feeling is that I do not want to do business with a company that appears to dismiss their customers.

JMHO. Not that it matters since you can choose who does business with you, as you said.

Just Nancy
2008-12-20, 9:36am
Lori, with all due respect, not everyone has had just one bad experience. I've had the back order issue more than once. So I order glass and there is a $10+ shipping charge to get the back order here. As long as people know that, it is all good. But I don't really see it as a resolution. For people ordering monthly or something, they could just add on the next order. For occasional orders it really adds to the shipping. Like Luna, I've gotten some pms too. So she's not the only one.

I think many vendors prefer larger customers to keep their bottom line consistent and the occasional orders are just added income. If I were in business I'd probably feel the same way. I get that, but don't really like hearing that smal orders, new orders, etc are suspect and may get different treatment. (And I don't recall anyone other than Ross actually saying it.) Like Debbie that kind of puts me off.

There have been things that were really good, but there have been things that were at best marginal. I don't think it is being nasty to let others know they aren't the only ones with mixed feelings.

Elegance_1
2008-12-23, 7:45am
There will always be those who have bad experiences with one vendor or another and just as many if not more who have had excellence service with the same vendors. I have had problems with a few vendors but I am a "3 strikes your out" kind of person and rarely have I had the same bad experience the second time around with any vendor. It is a shame your experience was tainted so badly. :(

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-23, 8:16pm
There will always be those who have bad experiences with one vendor or another and just as many if not more who have had excellence service with the same vendors. I have had problems with a few vendors but I am a "3 strikes your out" kind of person and rarely have I had the same bad experience the second time around with any vendor. It is a shame your experience was tainted so badly. :(

Perhaps IF I shopped more than once every 3 or 4 months for glass &/or supplies & had a bigger budget to throw around & cash to spare I'd not be as fussy. Perhaps if I wasn't in the career I'm in the same would also hold true.
Then again, maybe not.
All I know is, when things go bad, then escalate from bad to worse, I tend to go back to where I know I'll have GOOD experiences the next time, rather than risk another repeat performance! (kinda like with employees--you don't reward bad behavior by paying 'em more, you write it up, then you terminate 'em!)
~L

elyart
2008-12-30, 6:55am
I have had problems with ABR and will probably not be doing buisness again with them. I've done a lot of ordering from a lot of vendors but NEVER had the problems I've had from ABR. I finally got my $ money back by making a request though PAYPAL.

I've never had such poor customer service. Glass is glass and there are plenty of vendors out there that are kind, courteous ans accomodating. I don't need to waste precious time on this one.

-E

Trey Cornette
2008-12-30, 8:03am
OK!! I usually don’t get involved in threads like this but I just can’t stand it anymore.
ABR Imagery is my vender of choice for 90% of my supplies. They have on several occasions gone well above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I was happy with my purchase. I have been known to email Ross several times asking questions, comparing and such before I finally make up my mind and he is always there ready to help. Sometimes even after hours from his Blackberry.
There product line is incredible. They carry everything!! Its one stop shopping.
I find them to be kind and courteous, very knowledgeable about the products they sell, and to have the fastest shipping anywhere. I can have next day service if I order early in the morning. What that tells me is they pack and ship as soon as they receive the order.
My recommendation does not come easily as I have many people asking for it. I am very careful about who receives it as it reflects upon me.
I can say without a doubt that I recommend ABR Imagery for all your glass needs.

FairyVerre
2008-12-30, 11:06am
Good for you .... I'm sure you get discounts and extras since your so well known and place such big orders too. Get real .....

Trey Cornette
2008-12-30, 12:02pm
Good for you .... I'm sure you get discounts and extras since your so well known and place such big orders too. Get real .....

Very assuming and a bit on the insulting side.

You know when I recommend a vendor or tool I really have to believe in it as it will reflect upon me if my words do not hold true.

Kevan
2008-12-30, 1:07pm
Luna, I'm sorry you've had a run around. I think it is a slippery slope to use words like first time customers, small orders, fraudulent and regular customers. I get the feeling from lots of threads that regular customers get lots of perks (or the walk ins, big customers, big names, etc) and the occasional customer well they don't seem to account for enough of the bottom line to get the same treatment.

Don't we all give our "regular" bead customers perks? An extra bead here, free shipping on something, give a better price on something?

Everyone does that. It's part of business.

ROSSGLASS
2008-12-30, 2:45pm
Omg

This Is Why People Don't Post

e. mort
2008-12-30, 4:00pm
I just wanted to add that I have had very few issues with ABR imagery, and all of those issues were taken care of promptly and politely with one phone call. For example ABR once sent NS Midnight instead of NS Turbo cobalt, they promptly sent me the correct color and didn't pester me when I took almost a month to send the other glass back to them. All I had to do was slap the UPS sticker on the box and give it to the guy in the brown van.

I buy the majority of my supplies through ABR, and will continue to do so.

Eric

playingwithfirebeads
2008-12-30, 4:46pm
I have to get behind ABR as well. I called because I needed something out of stock shipped in time for the Gathering and they even had their supplier drop ship it so I could get it on time.

I hate to call vendors but sometimes a phone call makes all the difference.

Bonny

Lara
2008-12-30, 8:58pm

That was very rude and uncalled for.

Kym
2008-12-30, 10:44pm
:wtf::mrgreen:

Very Uncool.

mad hatter
2008-12-30, 10:49pm
Well now I and the first to spout off if I am unhappy but I must say I was very impressed with ABR. Not only did they get the order right (which has been a problem with another large supplier who shall remain nameless) but I got the order in 2 days (which is about 5 times as fast as the other unnamed supplier). This may be do to them being in the midwest too,of course. Thanks Ross great service.

ajmets
2008-12-31, 5:15am
I'm a very small customer. In fact I've only ordered from them twice so far and they've gone above and beyond for me. I really haven't had an issue and found them to be very pleasant and helpful when I was on the phone with them. I'd hate to see a few bad experiences spoil it for everyone. We all have our "off" days.

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-31, 11:49am
Don't we all give our "regular" bead customers perks? An extra bead here, free shipping on something, give a better price on something?

Everyone does that. It's part of business.

Oh, Kevan--it may be a "part of business", but so is "making sure that EVERY CUSTOMER" is at the VERY LEAST a "satisfied customer". I don't begrudge the "famous ones" the special treatment or the test glass they may get. I don't take issue with "bigger orders" getting higher discounts, or the occasional freebie. I *do* take issue with "repeat customers" getting treated as if THEY are the only ones "not being a rip-off-artist" & all "new customers" being viewed as if "because they're new" or "because their order is relatively small" (and wft? $60 for ME is the size order I place 3x a year--that's IT--that's what I spend on glass--I don't get a lot of torch time--I spend $200 a year on glass. Period. So my orders will NEVER be "huge" or "large"--it's WHY I wait for fantastic sales or what-have-you! I want to stretch that little bit of $ as far as I can stretch it--I'm QUITE sorry if a vendor feels that $60 is "SMALL" & therefore makes ME a "fraud risk" :roll: I'll spend it with SMALL vendors who seem PLEASANT about serving ME, a SMALL beadmaker & not a teacher, or production worker, or frequent order placer who runs up freakin credit-cards I can't pay off!

I'm a very small customer. In fact I've only ordered from them twice so far and they've gone above and beyond for me. I really haven't had an issue and found them to be very pleasant and helpful when I was on the phone with them. I'd hate to see a few bad experiences spoil it for everyone. We all have our "off" days.

There's an "off-day", & then there's "blaming every problem ON THE CUSTOMER", being RUDE TO SAID CUSTOMER via email, NOT solving the problem, BEING RUDE TO EVERY OTHER CUSTOMER who asks about a problem on a forum & bullying them (how many PM's have I gotten now from folks who are afraid to post? I can't even count? It's INSANE & over truely stupid stuff! Things smaller vendors would have just "eaten" & replaced, or just apologized for!)

I can appreciate that Trey gets good service. I think if you're a teacher, OR you're placing a LARGE sized order, or ordering a kiln, a concentrator, or something "worth money, with a better profit margin", you're likely to get great service.
I suspect the BAD service comes in, when you order a SMALL order, or a FIRST TIME order & particularly if you do it on a SALE ITEM or something with a LOW PROFIT MARGIN! Then it's just "harder" for "the powers that be" to want to do the right thing in the name of "customer service" & FIX THE ISSUE (even if it would cost them six freakin' dollars worth of glass stuffed in a priority box to make someone happy)

~luna
who really *was* intending to stay out of this thread, because every time I come back to it it gets me all agitated & then I make my staff give even BETTER customer service to every annoying customer in MY store (of course, my store only had ONE customer phone call go to customer care last year--best record in the district of 16 stores!)

beadaddicts
2008-12-31, 1:16pm
Oh. My. God.

You're certainly making a lot of blanket assumptions there. At this point, this thread is beginning to feel like a VERY personal vendetta.

ptbeads
2008-12-31, 1:23pm
I've had very good luck with ABR as well. I don't place huge orders and when I did have a missing item on my order, they took care of it right away. Ross answers all of my questions and has always been courteous, even when I've called about 10 times prior to placing my order. :-D

lunamoonshadow
2008-12-31, 9:03pm
Oh. My. God.

You're certainly making a lot of blanket assumptions there. At this point, this thread is beginning to feel like a VERY personal vendetta.

No, actually this thread is "starting" to feel like *every other thread* where *anyone* (particularly NEW PEOPLE!) have EVER had a problem with ABR. They're immediately jumped on by every person who has ever ordered & gotten good service & told it "must be their fault" & to "try again anyway" or to "keep it private" or "make a phone call" or that "maybe you didn't try hard enough to resolve it privately" :roll: no matter what the issue was or how hard they *did* try to resolve it!

And I'm not making ANY "blanket" assumptions--I'm basing my posts on what has been stated by representatives of ABR and on my OWN EXPERIENCE WITH THAT COMPANY.

AlivELampworK
2009-01-01, 3:34pm

wow! necessary?

as i live close enough to buy supplies from wale in store, i don't do much ordering when it comes to glass supplies. the past three years i have been a vendor at bead fest philly/valley forge and the IFC, among other bead shows. ross always has a smile on his face and is more than helpful with any questions customers have.

ross has always come across to me as a people person. if you have an issue with him, please give him a call. thats not fair to him to deny him the chance to talk to you about your issue and correct it.

i will continue to be a customer of ABR whenever i see ross and the guys at shows.

FlameFilly
2009-01-01, 8:39pm
OMG!! I haven't been online enough to look at this board and this is what I see! I think all that needed to be said has and it's just getting totally obnoxious. People are not jumping on any "newbies" for stating their opinion. People whom have had a good experience with ABR are just letting it be known they have had a good experience!

" Originally Posted by FairyVerre View Post
Good for you .... I'm sure you get discounts and extras since your so well known and place such big orders too. Get real ....."

And that is ridiculous! Sheez people give it up and move on...

I'm done.

emeraldartistry
2009-01-02, 8:21am
Our group in Dayton does business with ABR regularly and I probably order from Ross once a month on my own.
Yes sometimes an order gets charged wrong but I have had less problems with Ross than any other vendor I deal with.
Ross was ill earlier this holiday period and I know his guys have had to take a little more responsibility - Try e mailing Ross and I am sure it will get resolved.

Bridget Beck

Just Nancy
2009-01-02, 6:24pm

Everyone does that. It's part of business.That isn't something I've experienced other than you having sent me glass once and another artist. And recent secret santa gifts.

I've never gotten anything 'extra' and I have been a regular customer several places. I have always gotten just what the pricing schedule or sale says. In fact I've been over charged on shipping.

That is why I get the feeling 'some' get one sort of treatment others another, at many places. Not an ABR specific comment, because I do think it comes into play. I know many say it bothers them, so I must not be alone in the no perks area.

Just Nancy
2009-01-02, 6:38pm
Oh. My. God.

You're certainly making a lot of blanket assumptions there. At this point, this thread is beginning to feel like a VERY personal vendetta.I would hope this thread and any like it would better help vendors as much as the one started about what makes great customer service.

If someone reads these threads they might see things that could change. I agree, feeling like new customers or small customers are looked upon as possibly less honest than others bothers me. And it isn't an assumption that they are, because it was posted by the owner.

I've posted I've had this company go above and beyond when I needed to cancel a spot in a class. I wrote saying I needed to cancel and they offered to let me keep my seat (class wasn't full) past the cut off date just in case. That was above and beyond in my opinion and I had hoped to be able to make it. I still had to cancel but I was given an extended hope. (Or I would have cancelled before the posted date and either way had my refund.)

But I've also had issues. Once I almost got boro instead of the double purple soft glass I wanted. Out of stock items which shouldn't have been an issue but I said at the time of ordering I was trying to maximize my shipping dollar. I was assured there was plenty of available glass. Then it was out of stock. So I paid my shipping for a smaller order than I intended and then they called to tell me the glass I had on order was in. I order as locally as possible because shipping is a big thing of mine. Cost and the resources used. I hate using extra boxes and trips from UPS. They don't go down my road every day, so it isn't just one more stop. I won't order again until I have a big enough order than 1/2 of it being out of stock.

But I am bummed to know when I do I will be an occasional customer with probably still 'small' orders compared to the 'regular' customers, so I will still seem suspicious.

NLC Beads
2009-01-02, 6:42pm
I don't look for perks... I just want good, consistent service, clean, well packaged, unbroken glass, and good communication.

I place a small order with a company to see how they do in all aspects. ABR did well on their first order, plus the Vetro dark ivory contained some translucent rods. :) So I placed a second order, had two concerns as were already mentioned earlier in the thread, and both were taken care of promptly and with good communication - broken glass was replaced promptly, and the cutting fee was explained and stated on their site.

I have no current personal problem with ABR, and would shop as I would with anyone else - if they have a good price on something I like or would need. I do try to consolidate orders for less shipping, and I shop around for better pricing. It's not a judgement call on any vendor, I just like to get more for my money - who doesn't?

The answers about small orders and new customers are disappointing, but my experience was good... Unfortunately, Lyn's experience was at the same time, we were chatting online since we had placed orders at the same time. I had broken glass due to UPS dropkicking the package (seriously, I'm amazed not all of it was shattered) and it was replaced promptly and accurately. I assured her that my experience was good and ABR would also take care of her, and I'm disappointed that the customer service was not consistent. I used a general email link to contact someone - I think the same one that confirmed my order - and got a reponse within 24 hours, as well as a phone call checking on the condition of the package and a few other questions.

I don't think I'm a "big name" beadmaker who they have any need to favor, and I'm happy other beadmakers have had good experiences with them, I wish it were everyone as I hate to see any glass vendors do poorly.

dido
2009-01-05, 3:58am
I didn't want to react first but I feel I have to now.
I ordered some glass with ABR on December 7th because of the discount they were offering. That way shipping would be more or less covered for me and thus it would be interesting to order with them.
I payed the full amount through paypal on December 7, but upto now I still haven't received my refund.
I've been sending them emails (also using the email address which was given here) but I am only receiving their newsletters and no one seems to bother to send me an answer about the refund.
Calling them is an option of course, but very expensive for me.
I hope someone of ABR will be reading my posting here and will take the effort of sending me an answer.
Maybe I'm just impatient but all I want is an email back explaining me how and when the refund will be made.
For me this was a trial order and I really love all the articles they sell but I'm a little bit reluctant now to place any further orders...

Cherine Perrin
2009-01-05, 6:22am
I am sorry that some of your feel you are not getting the service you have expected.
There is a toll-free # on their site(starts with 866). Someone is always there during business hours to answer your questions/concerns.

Signed,
~ Loyal ABR Customer

lunamoonshadow
2009-01-05, 6:39am
I'm not sure, but I suspect that "toll free" only works if you're in the USA.

ROSSGLASS
2009-01-05, 8:33am
we did not get your email nor do we know who you are

try this email!!!

ROSSGLASS
2009-01-05, 8:34am
did shipping overseas eat your refund? just speculating

dido
2009-01-05, 2:17pm
we did not get your email nor do we know who you are

try this email!!!

I used that email address as well as the contact button on your website.
I also gave you the name I use on LE.
Perhaps the overseas shipping did eat my refund but a simple reply with a little explanation would have been enough.
I'm not cross with anyone, I was just looking for a way to get in touch with you and apparently I did succeed....
The package was delivered today and I must say that it was packed very well, all the rods arrived in one piece \\:D/ (I've seen worse with shipments within the Netherlands! ).

ROSSGLASS
2009-01-05, 2:23pm
i responded as soon as i read the post, and did not get your previous emails!!
thanks
ross

GlassyEyedGirl
2009-01-05, 2:35pm
Everyone has the right to their own opinion, and I know from having my own business that you can never make everyone happy all the time, but I just placed an order with them, and they are super-busy today, but still took the time to correspond with me on my questions, which was nice, even though I am not a big buyer (thanks Cody!).

I am glad that they are doing well. Ross has put his heart and soul into building up his business, and I hope they continue to do well. It is nice to have a well-stocked glass supplier in the Midwest.

oxydoc
2009-01-05, 7:42pm
I think I am one of the lucky ones. Ross is just a 20 minute drive for me. My sister Jul and I drive up there, walk right in and always get great treatment from Ross, Dave, Cody and all. I run a small shop compared to Ross and sometimes I am very overwhelmed. I cant imagine caring for his customer base. He has all my respect. jack

swamper
2009-01-12, 10:24am
I just got a refund from ABR for an item that I just put in the mail - they have not recieved the returned item yet and they refunded me the price - how nice is that? Awesome!

Elizabeth Beads
2009-01-12, 12:18pm
I'm going to add my support for ABR here. I have had nothing but good service. And I'm an unknown beadmaker with with less than a year of lampwork behind me.

*Someone always answers the phone or returns calls promptly.
*Nothing they have for sale on their website has been back-ordered.
*They have never sent me and charged me for a lb. of glass when I ordered 1/4 lb., and when I called, asked me to return the glass to get the refund.
*I have never been charged more than $7 for shipping an item weighing 1.3 oz.
*I never had the experience of ordering something that went on sale a day later and when I called, the vendor refused to honor the sale price.

I mention these things because they have all happened with other vendors. I think these vendors are making a mistake because they risk alienating potential loyal customers.

It is my choice whether to do business with these vendors again or not. I'm not going to cut my nose to spite my face, so if one of those vendors has a great sale, I won't bypass it.

I also think any vendor deserves a second chance. Offering to make it up on the next order seems reasonable in this economy, when profit margins are slim and it helps keep prices down for all of us. Offering to make it up and maybe throw a little extra in would be classy. As long as the credit doesn't expire, I would just wait until the next tempting sale comes along.

All that said, every time we post here this thread goes back up on top of the list, so maybe it's time to put it to bed.

Liz

mikefrantz
2009-01-12, 6:45pm
I'm going to add my support for ABR here. I have had nothing but good service. And I'm an unknown beadmaker with with less than a year of lampwork behind me.

*Someone always answers the phone or returns calls promptly.
*Nothing they have for sale on their website has been back-ordered.
*They have never sent me and charged me for a lb. of glass when I ordered 1/4 lb., and when I called, asked me to return the glass to get the refund.
*I have never been charged more than $7 for shipping an item weighing 1.3 oz.
*I never had the experience of ordering something that went on sale a day later and when I called, the vendor refused to honor the sale price.

I mention these things because they have all happened with other vendors. I think these vendors are making a mistake because they risk alienating potential loyal customers.

It is my choice whether to do business with these vendors again or not. I'm not going to cut my nose to spite my face, so if one of those vendors has a great sale, I won't bypass it.

I also think any vendor deserves a second chance. Offering to make it up on the next order seems reasonable in this economy, when profit margins are slim and it helps keep prices down for all of us. Offering to make it up and maybe throw a little extra in would be classy. As long as the credit doesn't expire, I would just wait until the next tempting sale comes along.

All that said, every time we post here this thread goes back up on top of the list, so maybe it's time to put it to bed.

Liz

Why not just start a new thread titled "why I love ABR". Each time I see a new post I cringe thinking it is a bashing!

Mike Frantz

lunamoonshadow
2009-01-12, 6:51pm
I think because people would rather try to INVALIDATE those who have a BAD experience, rather than simply start their OWN THREAD saying that THEY had a good experience. It's more "fun" to bash (however indirectly) those who had a legitimate bad experience for "not trying again" or to try & make them feel guilty (not gonna work) for not being willing to throw MORE money at a company that has lost their good-will. :roll:
What they don't realize is it just reminds those of us with the *bad* experiences, of just how AGGRIVATED we were--instead of letting the thread drop quietly out of sight!

LampworkbyLori
2009-01-12, 8:57pm
OMG. I would send you $60 to close this thread so we can all go torch in peace.