Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Starburst Murrini Pendant Tutorial now available!

dustintabor
2008-12-12, 2:42pm
Hey everybody,

Teaching has been something I have greatly enjoyed over the past 5 years, which is why I'm so excited to be offering my first "e-Tutorial"!

It covers how to make a starburst murrini pendant. It has complete step-by-step photographs and written instructions to guide you along the way. It is divided into three parts. The first part covers the construction of the murrini cane, the second covers the ribbon cane, and the third puts it all together to create the pendant. It's 28 pages long with over 70 large full color photos. I have added helpful hints and suggestions for how to practice the trickier parts of this project throughout the tutorial. This tutorial was written using Effetre glass, but it can be used to create similar projects in a variety of glass formulas.

This tutorial focuses predominately on technique, even-though a full color list and instructions are provided for how to make this exact pendant. All of the techniques covered can be altered and applied to a variety of beads and pendants, especially the off-mandrel technique detailed in the making of the pendant section. Working away from the mandrel can provide nearly limitless possibilities for pendants, beads, and small sculptures. This is a great place to start if you have never tried working off-mandrel, or have struggled with it in the past. If you have taken my class in the past and can't decipher your notes now, this will more than fill in all of the gaps.

Only a very basic tool and supply list is needed. As many of you who have taken my class know, I don't use a lot of tools.

I currently don't have an etsy shop. That's next on my to do list right after getting back on the torch to make some new work now that this is finished. So, the tutorial is currently available on my website. There is a link right on the home page or you can follow this direct link below to learn more. I have added some samples of the process photos and pages on my site, as well as complete ordering information and all of that fun stuff.

http://www.dustintabor.com/tutorial.htm

I can't wait to see what you make with it! And let me know what you think. Also, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have as well.

I have attached a picture of the pendant that is detailed in this tutorial to the bottom of this post (I hope I did it right).

zen-mom
2008-12-12, 3:07pm
Yay, snagged me one :) Since I didn't get sit in on your class this will have to do :)

Laurie L
2008-12-12, 3:41pm
Bought mine. Cant wait to try this. :)

mewsicmama
2008-12-12, 3:54pm
Definitely not qualified to make that - but it sure is pretty. Must do one in the future!

Libby L.
2008-12-12, 5:50pm
I think you guys will really enjoy this tutorial..it is so well written and so easy to follow.
You feel like you are in class with Dustin as you follow along.
Great job.

Reenie
2008-12-12, 7:56pm
God I hope I can make this because I just bought it!!!!
Thanks Dustin. Hopefully more will follow. I can't wait to see it!!!

Bubbyanne
2008-12-13, 1:43pm
I got mine today and it's excellent.
I hope to be able to make on as nice as Dustin's finished piece in the tut some day.
Bettah start practicing!
Thanks Dustin!

Troll Lover
2008-12-13, 2:41pm
I love that piece, just ordered mine :)!

EmbellishYourself
2008-12-14, 12:02pm
Dustin, I really admire your work! I'll have to wait till after Christmas, but its on the top of my list!

Wendyki
2008-12-14, 12:13pm
ohhh this will be on my list as soon as I can afford it :) how cool it looks fabulous

dustintabor
2008-12-15, 11:08am
A big Thank You to everyone who has emailed me with kind words about my first tutorial. I really enjoyed putting it together and plan on offering more in the future. I'm also so happy to hear that many of you have already worked through the tutorial and have been proud of your results, that's the most rewarding part. If any of you have suggestions or requests for future tutorials please feel free to contact me and let me know. I'm not currently working on any of the future tutorials at this time, just brainstorming, but would love suggestions to add to my list of possibilities.

And again thanks to all who have emailed me to let me know that you have learned something and enjoyed the info provided.

Dustin

bshelle
2008-12-15, 7:02pm
Happy B-Day to me...I'm going to give this a shot, but it looks way over my head. Could people please post purty pictures?

Marjo
2008-12-16, 11:40am
Stunning. REALLY well done. Great photos, great graphics, typography. Very clear instructions. (a few typos...;-))

Thanks, Dustin.

beadygirl
2008-12-17, 2:33am
I had to find out about this from Facebook! Naughty me for not checking in more! Can't wait to see posted pictures. It's probably way oveer MY head too, but maybe Santa will bring me one anyway! :-)

Reenie
2008-12-17, 4:19am
Well the starburst is pretty easy to make. I'm having a hard time keeping it centered as I do the rest of the pendant and then well....there's the wonkyness to it.
I've got so many tutorials now that it's hard to focus lol.
I go from one and then try another and back and forth. Not a really good way to practice on a technique but they are all so fun!!!
Thanks again Dustin. When I get one that looks decent, I'll post a picture!

Carmen Isaacs
2008-12-18, 11:37am
Great tutorial. I have had a class with Dustin (great teacher) but still thought I needed the tutorial and I was quite right because my notes just didn't give all the details.

nicholebeth
2009-01-02, 7:48pm
How on earth did I miss this one? :-o

squid
2009-01-02, 7:50pm
me too!

lldesigns
2009-01-02, 7:50pm
What a gorgeous pendant!

mnoelker
2009-01-02, 7:53pm
Anyone got any pics?

Elleth
2009-01-02, 8:04pm
This one is next on my list of must have tuts!

squid
2009-01-02, 8:18pm
mine too!

BeadMaven
2009-01-02, 8:24pm
Me three!

bshelle
2009-01-02, 9:08pm
I got this one, and I have been working really hard to present something...presentable. It's a bit over my head for now, but well worth it for the information. The tut is crystal clear, all kind of pictures, well thought out instructions, tips, et cetera. A really good value!

Libby L.
2009-01-03, 10:51am
So anybody got some beads to show from Dustin's Tut?