Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Finally Finished! Encased Floral Tutorial!

kimberly
2008-12-23, 10:21am

ekkc
2008-12-23, 10:26am
Wow, Kimberly!! Looks amazing! I can't wait to get it!

ekkc
2008-12-23, 10:30am
Yippee! Just ordered it. Thanks again, Kimberly!

swamper
2008-12-23, 10:35am
Yippers! Can't wait to get it.

Wendyki
2008-12-23, 11:07am
ohh man I cant wait to be able to buy this one :)

crystalflipz
2008-12-23, 11:23am
Oh, I want this tutorial! I've been waiting for a tut on deeply encased florals like these. Better be asking Santa for $$ for this for Christmas :grin:
Kimberly, thanks so much for doing this, it looks wonderful. Don't work too hard this week - it stinks to have to work over the holidays, I'm working Christmas Day.

ekkc
2008-12-23, 11:23am
All I can say is....:jawdrop::jawdrop:

It is amazingly detailed and has pictures to follow each step. I am a disaster when it comes to anything with flowers...talk about a black thumb :oops:...but after seeing this tutorial, I am ready to get out into the studio and do it this time! It is wonderful Kimberly. I am very impressed and excited to try it. Thanks so much!

beadgal
2008-12-23, 11:55am
Kimberly, I just got the tutorial, and it is wonderful! I can"t wait to make a flower bead. The directions are clear and the color combos are fantastic. Thanks so much for doing this.

LAJ
2008-12-23, 2:57pm
It looks awesome Kimberly! I hope to be able to buy it after the holidays, once some of the bills are paid, if you KWIM. ;-)

Celtic Echo Designs
2008-12-23, 4:07pm
Oh SNAP!! I didn't think my fingers were going to type fast enough to get this one!! LOL! I can't WAIT to try this!

Thanks Kimberly!

~Triscia

simvet02
2008-12-24, 1:58pm
Just had to have it for Christmas. Thanks Kim for sharing your knowledge with us.

As a side note, can I ask what the difference is between goldstone and the gold aventurine stringers that I have? I know I'm going to want to play with this and don't have any goldstone chunks.

squid
2008-12-24, 2:42pm
The stringer pulled from goldstone chunks is MUCH brighter and more sparkly than the commercial ones. It is worth it to try to find some!

This is SO true. I have some commercial and it just does not compare - unless you get that horrendously expensive ribbon that Frantz has. That stuff is gorgeous, but is $40 an ounce.

The stringer you pull yourself is gorgeous!

squid
2008-12-24, 2:44pm
The petals on that bead you posted as part of the tutorial is just absolutely gorgeous! It's one of the more natural looking ones I have ever seen. I love the slightly uneven edges.

simvet02
2008-12-24, 3:43pm
This is SO true. I have some commercial and it just does not compare - unless you get that horrendously expensive ribbon that Frantz has. That stuff is gorgeous, but is $40 an ounce.

The stringer you pull yourself is gorgeous!

Guilty as charged, AND it is so thin that it broke into very small pieces. Yet another lesson learned. Up to now I haven't been quite sure how to use it and since it was so expensive I just keep it in a pretty little box and look at it. I consider it a newbie mistake. I got it when I first started....LOL:-({|=

simvet02
2008-12-24, 3:45pm
But, back to my original question are they the same or is the goldstone a whole other type of gold? Sorry if I didn't understand the answer. Other than brightness are they the same?

Jenfire
2008-12-26, 2:12am
Kimberly,
YESSSS, I love it, love it and love it. I am going to hug it and squeeze it tight and pet it, and I will name it George! I'm gonna get to work on this tomorrow because I have the day off!
Jen

opportunity-shop
2008-12-26, 12:00pm
WOW!!! What a book. So well done. Hope I am able to torch soon. Barb

twiggyinaz
2008-12-28, 10:44am
I am a confessed floral junky - I LOVE this tutorial!

Heck, it is worth the money just for the pictures!

I didn't have the nice goldstone because I didn't know the difference until I got the tutorial, goldstone has always been kind of a mystery to me, but it is explained well in the tute. The goldstone makes a great bead, but your beads will be awesome without it! Think of the goldstone as a bonus for your bead.

I really liked the tute because it didn't just say - put this color here, put that there, poke this, etc... it also told you WHY so you can use the techniques you learn in all your glass creations.

Excellent!

Carmen Isaacs
2008-12-29, 3:12am
Kim it looks like your site is down.

Carmen Isaacs
2008-12-30, 3:26am
Yes thanks Kim, it must have just been down for a short time. Thanks for the tutorial.

Kirima
2008-12-30, 8:27pm
Thank you so much for your wonderful tutorial.

:-)

The SILLY girl
MartinIa

Kirima
2008-12-30, 8:35pm
Could you PLEASE stop calling me THE SILLY GIRL!!!???

;-)

Kirima
2008-12-30, 8:49pm
In fact, I'm PROUD to be YOUR SILLY GIRL! :-)

:-)

Big big hug
MartinIa

Kirima
2008-12-30, 9:07pm
Sleep well!

Kirima
2008-12-30, 9:13pm
AND: Happy new year! :-)

Kirima
2008-12-30, 9:43pm
And let's just bump it up.

framerak
2009-01-01, 5:13pm
Resistance is futile. Just ordered and can't wait to start making some encased florals!

framerak
2009-01-02, 12:45am
WOW! What a great tutorial. The pictures are fabulous and I love the suggested color combos. Kimberly, your talent never ceases to amaze me. Thanks a million!

twiggyinaz
2009-01-02, 12:53am
WOW! What a great tutorial. The pictures are fabulous and I love the suggested color combos. Kimberly, your talent never ceases to amaze me. Thanks a million!

I loved the pictures, too! Even if you didn't want to make florals, the tute is worth it for the pictures and the other stuff, like the aventurine and the encasing technique. I love the way the bead heat is explained, it made perfect sense the first time I read it.

cswilson53
2009-01-02, 12:15pm
I just got my tutorial and can't wait to read through it!!

Kirima
2009-01-02, 6:15pm
I'm so very happy that you did NOT stop writing tutorials! :-) Thank you!

Martinia

Melodie
2009-01-02, 9:01pm
Poor hubby ... hope he's been saving his pennies because my birthday list just keeps getting longer and longer. :lol:

cswilson53
2009-01-05, 12:02pm
I bought the tutorial on Friday and did my PPP on Sunday - I am soooo thrilled that I got a floral bead to work! This tutorial is awesome!

gemsinbloom
2009-01-05, 12:39pm
Lovely! And isn't it the best feeling to finally achieve what you want? Now go make five more in different colors LOL

I bought the tutorial on Friday and did my PPP on Sunday - I am soooo thrilled that I got a floral bead to work! This tutorial is awesome!

cswilson53
2009-01-05, 1:36pm
That is exactly what my husband said - except he added - make sure you use glass you already own!!

gemsinbloom
2009-01-05, 6:13pm
Absolutely gorgeous! I made this style today in amber and purple but it cracked. I was just saying yesterday how my BE beads never crack. NEVER say never!

They are really beautiful Kimberly.

Here are a couple more. I love this color combination!!

WildBird
2009-01-05, 7:26pm
O.K. missy.... Since you couldn't teach me encased florals in Italy.... I'm going to see if your tutorial will get me past the brick wall. Your lecture notes were so good I still refer back to them and it's been about 3 1/2 yrs now. I can't wait to recieve my tutorial in my email. (-:
And if I had only known how beautiful your florals are, I would have "Whined" even louder whilst in Italy....
(-:
WildBird in Olympia