Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Seeking onesy's or "multi-shape" vs. "multi-size" tools

RavenBraid
2008-12-27, 11:32pm
xx

Zooziis
2008-12-28, 9:19am
Hi guys/vendors,

The short version:
Do any vendors take custom press requests?
Does anyone know of any other smaller "multi-shape" tools instead of the typical "multi-size of the same" tools? Or does anyone do cheaper onesy molds instead of the customary threesomes?

Why I'm asking...

I'm kinda curious how the somewhat expensive threesome's came about. When I look at other die/mold/press stuff like leather stamping, pottery pouring, grommet dies, clay punches, metal stamps/punches, scrapbooking, etc. Craft tools typically come in multi-shape packs or a one-at-a-time thing right?

How did the multi size come about? Honestly, probably because the first one was (Corina, back in when it was Corina making a few for friends and those lucky enough to snag one on her site when she had them... As I remember, she had a tool made for her own use for the way she worked, and others wanted one too. So she started a tool business). She made sets of beads, primarily, sets were mostly what sold on Ebay, at the time, so people were looking to make sets for jewelry designers. The multiple sizes give folks graduated sets, bracelet, necklace and earring size options, as well as the option when they get too much glass to use the next size cavity, that sort of thing.

I started by making single cavities because I didn't start out to have a tool business. I started a tool business because I made a tool for my personal use, that people wanted, too. The original Pillows and Kaleras were singles. I put them in 3's by request, as 1 press was $40 and I could do 3 for $55.00...it really was to save people money, and space, since they would order all three anyway.

I have several tools that include two or more different shapes in the same size. Sweetie duos come with either a round (round not sphere) and a square in one, or a hex and triangle in one. The Medium+ Duo comes with a Straight Sided Lentil and Nugget in one. The cube duo has a cube and crystal together, the Tab Tile Duo has those two. The Charm box for large hole beads, which you mentioned.

I do offer special orders and am happy to discuss what you are interested in. It appears you've already talked to me, but it's rare I don't take on a special order, so I'll send you a PM and we can figure out what you want.

Hope that information was helpful, and not more than you were looking for :)

Zooziis
2008-12-28, 12:10pm
I'm glad it was a hit. Sounds fun...except the glass mixing :)

I'm glad we reconnected!

Artistic License
2009-01-01, 3:28pm
Hmm interesting, so Amy you do take requests for a special mold? I have one that I've needed for a long time now and I don't want to use another shape and then modify it to make what I need. I will mail you directly on this.
Red

Keewin
2009-01-03, 9:27am
Chiming in to say that I've ordered quite a few custom items from Amy and she's fabulous to work with :waving:

Zooziis
2009-01-03, 9:47am
Thank you Karen!