Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Postal Service Hike.......yet again!

Reenie
2009-01-04, 9:28pm
Just so everyone knows..postal rates are jumping again. I know it's about 2 weeks away but priority mail is jumping up a friggin 15 cents!!!!!!
Happy New Year!! Yea right!

zen-mom
2009-01-04, 9:36pm
You're joking right? I'm gonna start using FedEx a lot more often.

Reenie
2009-01-04, 9:40pm
I'm not sure how this is going to look ...but here's a copy and paste

Shipping Services January 18 Pricing Change

On January 18 prices for Express Mail, Priority Mail, Parcel Select, Parcel Return Service, Global Express Guaranteed, Express Mail International, Priority Mail International, and M-Bags change. As always, we do not impose fuel surcharges, hidden surcharges, or surcharges for residential or Saturday delivery.

The move to January price changes for shipping services is consistent with industry standards and provides a clear picture of the affordable services we offer. Highlights for domestic shipping services include new Commercial Plus pricing, with up-front discounts for high-volume Express Mail and Priority Mail users. On average, Commercial Plus prices for Express Mail are 14.5 percent less than retail prices; Priority Mail Commercial Plus prices average 7 percent less. We are also introducing a new, smaller Priority Mail flat-rate box. The new box is priced the same as the flat-rate envelope and provides a great option for customers sending smaller items that require sturdy packaging and the convenience of flat rate pricing.

Prices for Express Mail and Priority Mail are designed to maintain the Postal Service’s competitive position as the best shipping value in the market, especially for packages weighing less than 5 pounds. The new prices also make Parcel Select, our “last mile” ground product, an even better value for high-volume shippers. For international mailers, Global Express Guaranteed, Express Mail International and Priority Mail International are the best value in global shipping.

New flat rate prices effective January 18, 2009
Flat Rate Envelopes and Boxes Retail Commercial Base Commercial Plus
Priority Mail —
Envelope $4.95 $4.80 $4.75
Small box $4.95 $4.80 $4.75
Regular box $10.35 $9.85 $9.67
Large box $13.95 $13.50 $13.27
Large box (APO/FPO) $11.95 $11.50 $11.30
Express Mail —
Envelope $17.50 $16.63 $14.96

zen-mom
2009-01-04, 9:44pm
Thanks, I found it hiding at the bottom of their page... Seems like they should give it a higher priority closer to the top and more prominent...

Paul Ewing
2009-01-04, 10:00pm
I just wish that I could rely on Express Mail arriving when it says it will. I have to go fight with the PO tomorrow since 8 of the 13 Express Mail packages I sent out in the week before Christmas were late. Two arrived after Christmas which was a real bummer. Luckily only a couple of the people complained, but it still makes me look bad. Next year it will be FedEx despite any cost premium.

lunamoonshadow
2009-01-05, 6:41am
Guess I should get those flat rate boxes in my front seat shipped out this week, huh?
(and the ones I'm in the middle of packing, done up & out of here!)

menty666
2009-01-05, 6:59am
I'm grumpy about it, but it's still cheaper than UPS. The rep I usually deal with at the PO was telling me that the USPS had a 1.5 billion dollar deficit last year.

Silver Moon Lampwork
2009-01-05, 9:46am
Thanks for the warning!

eross
2009-01-07, 5:07pm
WHAT!
But the service does not get any better, just the opposite!

Liz

NLC Beads
2009-01-07, 5:08pm
Guess I should get those flat rate boxes in my front seat shipped out this week, huh?
(and the ones I'm in the middle of packing, done up & out of here!)

JUST what I was thinking. ;)

debim
2009-01-07, 5:39pm
Wondering when they were going to get around to this. Dang!

Lara
2009-01-07, 5:40pm
I don't see first class mail mentioned, what about that?