Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : France and Frantz Customer Service

mikefrantz
2009-01-05, 9:55pm
I thought I would share this with you, cause it is funny and it shows how far Frantz will go to give the best Customer Service.

We received a web order last week from France. The customer placed a rather large order and to save money the customer wanted to ship postal for around $100 which was cheaper than UPS. The problem is that we can only insure up to $500 and this order was closer to $1,300. We sent an email to this customer explaining that we would have to ship into two boxes, but this would almost double the cost of shipping and there were a few items not available at the time.

The customer sent us back an email, but for the past three days we have been without internet, no WWW and not email. Finally it got fixed on Monday. We had gotten a call on Friday from this customer and she spoke only French.

On Monday another call, so I jumped in and spoke the only French I know which is "No, speak French" and "How do you do". Some words, but not what she needed to hear.

It took ten minutes just to get a phone number from her. Of course if we could have gotten into WWW we would have had her phone number, but even with that we did have her name someplace in the computer but the employee that was working with her was off today.

In a case like this I would GOOGLE the word translate and type my message in English and translate to French, but with no To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I felt like a fish out of water!

Finally the internet was fixed and I started typing in my message, but I could not be sure if she understood that I wanted her to check her email. I did not know if she had to get off the phone to use the internet.

If you have ever used translator on the internet, let me say it works, but not as good as somebody who can do it for you and charges you a few hundred dollars an hour.

Before I could find her email address I would translate a simple sentence like "open your email" or "can you send me an email in French and I can translate". Try it sometime and then try to read the French over the phone to a person who only speaks French! Not going to happen.

Finally I reached one of my customers in France who I visited a few years ago and told her my problem and as soon as she put her young son to sleep...... when I visited with Agatha in Paris she was a day away from giving birth, yet she became my guide for a day and was so nice! Well in five minutes I called back and explained about the shipping, explained about not having the Major Bench Burner, but that I felt the Red Max was nicer, and even though it was a hundred bucks more money, I would knock off $50 to help out.

Ten minutes later I called Agatha and she told me that my customer was happy, understood everything and needed her order to go out ASAP. I filled it myself and got it out today.

WOW, first time for that type of customer service. It was fun, it was great, and to say, it was a challenge.

So there you go, another day in the life of Mikey.

mike frantz

Silver Moon Lampwork
2009-01-06, 6:16am
Great job Mike! I love the customer service at Frantz. Okay, now that I've sucked up a little, can somebody check to see if there is any of this opaque Kronos2 hiding anywhere? I think I may have bought it from Frantz.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elizabeth Beads
2009-01-06, 4:11pm
What a great story - with a happy ending - I love it!

PyroBarry
2009-01-07, 2:35am
It is the little things that make big impacts ... like this. I am sure your customer was thrilled. The real bonus, is the memory. This is a story, one of many I am sure, that stick with people. Your Grandchildren will get sick of these stories, but will someday appreciate them.

LeahBeads
2009-01-07, 4:49pm
I'm very impressed with your customer service, Mike! It says A LOT about you and your company. I may even start ordering from you guys, again!

Leah

chayes
2009-01-24, 6:42pm
right on

UrsaLunar
2009-01-24, 8:59pm
Well I can say I ordered from y'all a couple weeks before C'mas to round out the complete lampworker's set we put together for our oldest son (ok, and me) and found your service just excellent! Dealing internationally can be a challenge but this sounded like a fun one! :)