Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : CRAM IT 2009! Camp Run A Muck Insanity Tour for Adults!

Pages : [1] 2

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 2:17pm
OK... Here it is, we will be offering for the first annual (adult only) "CRAM IT 09" getaway. Anyone over 16 is welcome!

I needed to CANCEL the 2009 event. But Camp Run A Muck 2010 is going to go off without a hitch. If I tell you it's gonna be more fun then any event you have ever been to... well... you know I would be lying. So, I will just say that if you like a social and workshop environment, lot's of great things to see demo'd, lots of glass play times, fun easy food, great peeps to hang out with and best of all for all you glass ho's... Celebrity TEACHERS & VENDORS!

Oh, and don't miss the new studio construction page. It is going to go from plan to building pretty quick here. So, if that kind of green building is your bag.... come on in and hang around and see what is going to happen next. AND just for you that don't know it already. MUCK is what I meant. :lol:

This first year we are only asking peeps to cough up $150.00 for this 3 day event. That way you can afford to come, make goodies, cover your materials costs, (if any) buy beads or other neat stuff and go to the evening events too. This small token amount covers all the stuff like propane, oxy, tank rentals, event tents, porta johnnys, electricity and a host of other stuff that I am sure I am missing to mention at the moment. You can email me with your reservations and questions.

Event dates are June 25, 26 & 27th 2010. We will post a list of hotels/motels for those that do not want to camp.

Limited to 25 pre-reserved "campers" in Bend Oregon. One does not need to camp to come and have fun!
CRAM IT Glass 2010 T shirts.. great to wear and collect!
Nearly 3 days of fun and glass
Great Food/ Fantastic Vendors/Generous Sponsors
Guest Teachers and Demos
Camping spots for small trailers (under 26 ft) and tents available on a limited basis... reservations a must! Camping spots are free of charge as they are dry camping.
Campfires each night weather permitting
McMenamins evening out
Much more to list later!

This will be a blast and we have already been getting emails for it to "reserve" spots. Reservations are $75.00 and must be paid to hold your spot. This is a non refundable but transferable deposit. This is a first pay next in line deal. Meaning when we hit number 25 no more reservations will be excepted. Watch for the final details this week on this thread! Everyone will get lots of torch time as well as other activities.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 2:55pm
Looking for more deals... calling a few places....

Hampton Inn (http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-357336-bend_inn_and_suites-i;_ylt=Ama4JLwRIyBopanS2_wnnHIJ8b8F)

One can google or yahoo Bend Oregon.. go close to Butler Market to be closer to the ranch.

Schermo
2009-01-06, 2:58pm
Ruth,

You only left out where this is being held...... State, town, location?

Otherwise, sounds fabulous.

Schermo

Well, DANG! You edited while I was still posting!! : )

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 2:59pm
OOPSSS! I had it... I thought... :lol:

Bend Oregon... The High Desert... the Volcano Capital.... the Cinder Cone Home.

KristiB
2009-01-06, 5:25pm
:( Leaves me out. I will either be in Reno/Pheonix for Volleyball festival or Florida for the Junior Olympic volleyball championships.

Maybe next year!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 5:27pm
awwwwww... Next year for sure then sweetie pie! We may figure out that we can do more then 25 by then too.

Wendyki
2009-01-06, 5:43pm
omg I soo want to go dang I need a nanny for Sam

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 5:45pm
You will need a break from the everyday stuff by then Wendy... AND we need a X rated bead demo! :lol:

gbratton
2009-01-06, 7:04pm
Count me in. I just need to get some money together. How do I register? Is there a website? or Do you need someone to make a website for your Cramp It 2009. If so, contact me. I do web work for a living, when I am not lampworking.

Elleth
2009-01-06, 7:32pm
Count me in Ruth!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 8:20pm
It will be great to have you both join us this June! Yaaaaaaaa! \\:D/

Nicker
2009-01-06, 8:24pm
I'll be watching this thread!Love it Ruth not sure about dates yet though, will there be camping there?

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 8:27pm
Oh yes Nicker... lots of camping spots. It would be a real blast having ya here! WoooWhooo!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 8:36pm
Would anyone be interested in designing a T-shirt for this? Should we have this as a design contest? hmmmmmmm

Deb
2009-01-06, 9:55pm
Ruth, this sounds like so much fun! I so wish I were closer!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 10:32pm
I wish you did too Deb! I went to the Michigan cabin retreat when I lived in Alaska! :poke:

Patty Lakinsmith
2009-01-06, 10:38pm
This sounds like a blast, Ruth! I'm not too far...giving it some thought...

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-06, 10:47pm
Hi Patty! :waving: It would be so great to have you here for this!

Heidi von Frozenfyre
2009-01-06, 11:39pm
Tempting very tempting. Just to get caught doing something naughty and having Ottie counsel me would be worth the flight out.

*happysigh*

beadsoncypress
2009-01-07, 5:23am
I take it this is on the WEST COAST.......aaarrghhh!!

crystalflipz
2009-01-07, 6:06am
This is SOOOOOO tempting! The cost of camp means I can at least think about airfare from east to west coast.
(Wish camp for my kids was so reasonable! LOL)

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-07, 10:54am
Don't be tempted to long! :lol:

Firebrand Beads
2009-01-07, 11:15am
Tempting very tempting. Just to get caught doing something naughty and having Ottie counsel me would be worth the flight out.

*happysigh*

LOL! This is why it's "for adults" I guess?!? :lol:

glasswhimz
2009-01-07, 11:25am
Count me in where do I send my money? Are spouses welcome? You know just to keep me warm.
Jodie

Gila
2009-01-07, 11:36am
I'm in.

pierces*designs
2009-01-07, 12:12pm
What is the nearest airport and what transport to get there is available? (Rental car of course, perhaps can ride-share?)

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-07, 12:31pm
Hi Debbie! Redmond Oregon has the nearest airport. One could fly to Portland and then ride share with someone to save some bucks.

:lol: Jenny! Oh, by the way everyone... Jenny will be one of the guest demo/teachers at this shin dig!

Yes, Jodie... spouses are welcome but if staying during the day's events will be counted at 2. If camping at the mini ranch then indentured servitude will ensue! :lol: We will have more details on all that by this weekend, including where to sign up and who to get your deposits to.

It will be a blast to have you guys here!

glasswhimz
2009-01-07, 12:31pm
Forget about the spouse question I am trying to get my sister on board. Her LE is
Vitesse6 If any of you would like to help me with talking her into it.
Jodie

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-07, 1:10pm
Hi Jodie! What kind of help are you looking for?

glasswhimz
2009-01-07, 1:41pm
Lots of pming guilt trip pressure. Begging and pleading her to come. I think I have her halfway convinced.
Jodie

Crazy Woman
2009-01-07, 2:01pm
Sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear all the details! Ruf and Otter together... OMG!!!!

Otter's Flame
2009-01-07, 2:11pm
Hello all just a brief message to everyone who is interested. First and foremost..... if you are interested in attending, please PM me and I will add you to the list. Ruth and I will be coming out with more information soon. As I gather the master list of interested people I will update you. When you PM me, please include the following:

Name
LE Name
Email

I will be asking for more details as time goes on. I will send a PM with my email to those that PM me as interested in attending. I will start accepting deposits in the next few days. I will PM you with the details.

This is going to be a fun and relaxed event, it is definitely a work in progress. Please bear with us, give us feed back and ask all the questions you want.

glasswhimz
2009-01-07, 2:45pm
PM'd you

Otter's Flame
2009-01-07, 3:03pm
PM'd you
PM'd you back :D

Deb
2009-01-07, 3:28pm
I wish you did too Deb! I went to the Michigan cabin retreat when I lived in Alaska! :poke:

Ruth, it is so tempting. I'm going to have to wait and see how the budget plays out.

Mustang Dawn
2009-01-07, 3:34pm
Ruth this sounds like so much fun! I think you do have the record for longest distance traveled to attend the cabin retreat :)

Hey maybe me and Deb can carpool.... I'll go mapquet it....I think DH would have a heart attack, lol...

Hugs, Dawn

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-07, 3:50pm
It would be so great to have you guys here! \\:D/

fyrebeadz*
2009-01-07, 5:01pm
this would be fun, just don't have ANY EXTRA $$$ now. Sigh......those that go, have fun!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-07, 6:22pm
Hi Donna! Where are you at these days? I wish you had the extra bucks so I could finally get to meet you! I have admired your work for a while now.
One of the reasons the camp fee is $150.00 is because of the economy. Lots of us (me too) don't have it... but NEED to do this anyway. 2, is because Otter and I thought it would be good to start it out this year that way so people will be more inclined to not give up on what they love. If a gathering of this type was more affordable... you know... rather then the $450.00 bucks we often plunk down just to get an entry to an event. If it were not for Weaver Industries (the folks that make my tools) I would not have gotten to go to any of the stuff I did these last few years.
If you need to camp, it wont cost you any more for that spot of ground to put your tent on. (donated by my honey here at the mini ranch) And often times you can share a tent with a pal. Saving you that hard earned cash all the way around. Oh, and bead sales are fine here too. Should have checked with my buddy Otter on that..... Otter.... oh Otter... do ya think that would be OK to do? :lol:

Whew! I am going back out to the studio now cause I need to get the beads for the next tutorial done.

samandsha
2009-01-07, 6:29pm
Poo Poo...I can't get away from work in June. You still better be having these when I get to retire in a couple years ;-D That sounds so fun!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-07, 7:36pm
Hi Samma! :waving: waaaaa..... :( I so wanted you to come this year. The plan is this to be a yearly on going thing. Keep in mind some things that you would want to do at future CRAM IT events and let me know anytime. Always looking for good teachers (camp counselors) too!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-07, 7:39pm
My boyfriend just said... all you guys can now tell someone you want to come to camp to just CRAM IT! :rolleyes: :-$ :lol:

Heidi von Frozenfyre
2009-01-07, 9:19pm
So let's say... I have a friend who doesn't do glass but gets a boner thinking about camping in the same vicinity as oh lets say a certain someone who has the initials... oh I don't know.... randomly...... RN...

Does this friend really need to register *snort* for the glassy stuff?

Nicker
2009-01-07, 9:22pm
Ruth are you keeping a list in case of drop outs? I am going to be overseas until just before this starts but if there is a drop out I'd be interested. If you have a email list can you add me to it?

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-07, 10:59pm
:lol::lol::lol:

So let's say... I have a friend who doesn't do glass but gets a boner thinking about camping in the same vicinity as oh lets say a certain someone who has the initials... oh I don't know.... randomly...... RN...

Does this friend really need to register *snort* for the glassy stuff?

We will be keeping a short list Nicker.

Ruth are you keeping a list in case of drop outs? I am going to be overseas until just before this starts but if there is a drop out I'd be interested. If you have a email list can you add me to it?

Anne Ricketts
2009-01-08, 5:39am
:pout: Another fun one I'll be missing out on! Gawd, we need to move to the west coast!! Y'all have fun!

fyrebeadz*
2009-01-08, 7:31am
hell, I had to take $$$ out of savings to make the house payment this month, there is no way I can justify doing an event like this no matter how much fun it would be. :-(

I am living in NW Wisconsin right now Ruth. I want to go back to Alaska so bad. I want to put my house for sale here and move but with the economy right now and my sales down so much since last year there is no way I could get a house loan up there....sigh. So what to do? Hang tight here I guess until my sales numbers pick up, whenever that will be. It sucks being alone. My income is terrible right now and finding a job in this tiny town is out of the question, I've tried and no luck.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-08, 9:39am
2 more fun peeps that I will miss terribly!

BIG Hugs to you both!

Deb
2009-01-08, 5:10pm
Hey maybe me and Deb can carpool.... I'll go mapquet it

Hugs, Dawn

Roadtrippin' with Dawn! Wouldn't that be a hoot! :D:cool::lol:

sislonski
2009-01-08, 6:23pm
I'm in, would like more info though.

krisdaka
2009-01-08, 6:57pm
I love the name! Camp Run a Muck!!!! hahahaha.....

Mustang Dawn
2009-01-08, 7:12pm
Roadtrippin' with Dawn! Wouldn't that be a hoot! :D:cool::lol:

This would be some road trip.....Deb, mapquest was not kind to us: Total Estimated Time: 33 hours 32 minutes Total Estimated Distance: 2246.18 miles. OUCH :(

It would be a blast!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-08, 7:58pm
We will be posting more details in a few days Shari.

Deb and Dawn... on the road like Thelma & Louise! :lol:

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-09, 8:05pm
bumpin it up to the first page again. :)

BBB
2009-01-10, 12:53am
Heya Otter, If I come, can you drop me in Reedsport afterwards? I can send hubby to the inlaws while I play. I really like that idea.
Also, Since my 40th is 7/1 I would like to make sure that people would be willing to party with me.

Otter's Flame
2009-01-10, 10:54am
BBB PM me and we can make arrangements.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-11, 12:05am
Otter.. I think we should have a big give away door prize for camp..... Call me on the morrow.

glasswhimz
2009-01-11, 10:22am
Heya Otter, If I come, can you drop me in Reedsport afterwards? I can send hubby to the inlaws while I play. I really like that idea.
Also, Since my 40th is 7/1 I would like to make sure that people would be willing to party with me.

My Bday is 7/6 so I might be able to help a fellow cancer out. The Big 40 WOO HOO!!!! Michelle and I will be driving from SLC, Utah if anyone wants to join us.
Jodie

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-11, 11:04am
WOW all the way from Utah Jodie? COOL! My BF birthday is July 9th. Guess that makes him a Cancer as well? Maybe a big birthday party will be in order during camp!

glasswhimz
2009-01-12, 8:53am
My husbands is the ninth!! Yeup... together we are 69. I map quested he distance and we are only 10hrs. away diving.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-12, 9:53am
I do hope you can come to the desert to play Jodie. It will be a blast having all the birthday peeps in one place! Together my BF and I are nearly 102! I am older then he is by nearly 5 years. He says I look younger then his age... lol... Just gotta love a truly horny man! ;) :lol:

midniteburner
2009-01-12, 11:04am
Just gotta love a truly horny man! ;) :lol:

oh my...:poke:

Sara

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-12, 11:12am
oh my...:poke:

Sara

:lol: Hey, after 13 years of a crappy marriage and only enough sex that can be counted on one hand...... well... what can I say? O:) :lol: Maybe I should post this thread in the bathroom now.... :oops:

midniteburner
2009-01-12, 6:17pm
:lol: Hey, after 13 years of a crappy marriage and only enough sex that can be counted on one hand...... well... what can I say? O:) :lol: Maybe I should post this thread in the bathroom now.... :oops:

This could be the subject of your next tutorial. You could name it "How To Get Back On The Horse" :lol::lol::lol:

Lots of prepublication sales here!

Sara

Smurfy5
2009-01-12, 6:36pm
Is anyone from Minnesota planning to go? it sounds like so much fun!!!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-12, 6:40pm
This could be the subject of your next tutorial. You could name it "How To Get Back On The Horse" :lol::lol::lol:

Lots of prepublication sales here!

Sara

LOL... Like this?

midniteburner
2009-01-12, 6:54pm
Now don't you look cute :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Sara

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-12, 6:56pm
No... but that is another story too. :lol: :lol:

Otter's Flame
2009-01-12, 7:11pm
Dear Everyone,
Unforeseen circumstances are going to prevent me from going to CRAM or participating in organizing it. I am so very disappointed. Ruth and I have talked on the phone and it is just not feasible at the moment.

Our dear Ruthie has a huge job ahead of her trying to make this work for everyone. She has an event planned that will take a lot of planning and prep work to make sure it all happens smoothly. I am hoping someone else will step in and help her get this off the ground.

I am sorry I will be missing some wonderful glass peeps and a great time. If there is anyway possible I will still try and attend. I hope everyone has a great time!

Hugs to you Ruthie my dear friend! I'll still bug you on the phone even though I can't help plan this out anymore.

Otter

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-12, 8:19pm
Otter.... you are such a dear heart.. I JUST LOVE YA!!! I hope that you will be able to come to the high desert to play in June. Either way, you will be thought of the entire time!

I want so much for everyone to enjoy this time of glass fun and really REALLY want everyone that is planning to come to enjoy it and be able to enjoy each others company. So much has gotten put into the works for this but I am just one person (duh.. lol) and need to have a partner in this. so, if anyone is able and willing I would love to get an email from you and we can discuss it.

glasswhimz
2009-01-12, 9:34pm
I do hope you can come to the desert to play Jodie. It will be a blast having all the birthday peeps in one place! Together my BF and I are nearly 102! I am older then he is by nearly 5 years. He says I look younger then his age... lol... Just gotta love a truly horny man! ;) :lol:

What I mean't was my birthday is the 6th of July his is the 9th of July see.. 69 As far as adding ages though. We are 82, I think. Doing this all alone sounds like a gigantic task!!!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-12, 9:41pm
lol... opps... my bad. Having birthdays together sounds fun! I think I will be ok with this project. I have one offer that was made a while ago... hope she still feels like helping. That would be so cool!

Deb
2009-01-12, 9:47pm
LOL... Like this?

Yipee-ki-ay!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-12, 9:53pm
:lol: Deb! But I heard it was Yippee I KY!?!? :lol:

Deb
2009-01-12, 9:56pm
ROTFLMAO!

retroglasstools
2009-01-13, 7:35am
Hi Ruth,
Always good to hear from you and thanks for the invite.I am going
to use a distributor that i have in Portland(Jenny Newtson/with Firebrand
Brand Beads) to represent RetroGlassTools.I wish everyone a great time
and wishing i could go.
SeeYa
Jerry/RetroGlassTools

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-13, 8:22am
Jerry... that will be great! Jenny is a terrific gal (as you know) and will do you proud I just know it. Will you have her demo all the retro glass tools? I LOVE your siggy line photo!

Otter's Flame
2009-01-13, 11:08am
I would like to thank the people that have PM'd me to make sure I am o.k. You are all sweet and thank you for caring. I want to re-assure everyone that everything is fine. There are just too many things to deal with and unavoidable commitments that it is at the point I cannot effectively help Ruth.

However poor Ruth needs helps so please someone jump on in there. ..... well... we all know Ruth needs help ;) but I mean she needs help with getting this event planned and going for all the glassy peeps.

Thanks again!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-13, 11:33am
I well... we all know Ruth needs help ;)

BRAT!!!! :badgrin::lol::fnwl::oops::kiss::love:

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-14, 10:55am
I am getting a list together to post about who the surprise teacher will be as well as sponsors and vendors. This is taking a lot of time and I hope you all can trust that I am moving forward on it.

Teague
2009-01-14, 8:12pm
I'm excited! Spinning wheels and plotting with Ruth...good times!

Teague
2009-01-15, 11:22am
So who else is coming? Let's get some attendee chatter going.

Elleth
2009-01-15, 12:17pm
Teague I will probably be there, just waiting for more details...

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-15, 12:50pm
We are getting all the vendors lined up this and next week. Camping will be available on the mini ranch with limited utilities. No showers (yet) sadly. There is the plans for that for future events and maybe a cabin or two in the works. We are getting a great list going so far for turn out. So I really would not wait to long to get your name and deposit placed. Remember this is limited to 25 guest/camper slots. If you have a self contained camper or tent that would be best for this time and weekend if you want to stay at the mini ranch. There is of course the motels/hotels 15 minutes away and lunches will be provided. It is suggested that you bring some food and your beverages of choice.

Kimberly Affleck is talking with me about doing a one evening thing... if so.. YOU DON'T want to miss it!

OK, more info as will be posted and a new thread with all the info started as we get it all nailed down. It will of course be lots of fun, relaxed and NOT in a heart pounding structured thing. Why else call it camp run a muck?

Teague
2009-01-15, 3:34pm
Sweet! I think it will be fun Maggie, you won't regret it!

Mustang Dawn
2009-01-15, 3:45pm
I really wish I was closer I would help you plan it! It would be a blast :)

glasswhimz
2009-01-15, 5:59pm
Gosh Ruth we were all coming just for you... throw Kim in the mix and it's a no brainer. Looking forward to coming I will keep stalking this thread. Oh if you need to sweeten the pot for the teachers. I could bring my massage table...( yes, I am trained and licensed)
Jodie

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-15, 6:17pm
Gosh Ruth we were all coming just for you... throw Kim in the mix and it's a no brainer. Looking forward to coming I will keep stalking this thread. Oh if you need to sweeten the pot for the teachers. I could bring my massage table...( yes, I am trained and licensed)
Jodie

Awwwweeee Jodie! You are a total doll! Yur makin me blush! :oops:

It would be great if you brought your table! How much do you charge for your massage services? Do you do feet and hands too? or is that an ewwwwe? :lol:

glasswhimz
2009-01-15, 9:43pm
$50 an hour hands and feet are ok but I draw the line at hairy backs. Just kidding I do those too. Depending on the car we drive the table might actually be an option.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-15, 10:12pm
I would so love a foot massage. I know I will need it! Bet some of the teachers would like that too.

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-01-16, 9:53am
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_15.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt431PSUS) Is Teague keeping track of who's planning on coming? I PM'd Otter but want to make sure I'm on the list. This sounds like it's gonna be so much fun.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-16, 10:00am
Otter had to drop out Bonnie. You can email me with your reservation. Otter sent the other list to me a few days ago.

Cool smiley by the way! I love kitties!

Elleth
2009-01-16, 10:10am
I PM'd Otter but want to make sure I'm on the list. This sounds like it's gonna be so much fun.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Same here...

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-16, 10:16am
Got both your names on the list that Otter sent to me guys. Some great peeps are planning to come! I am so excited and happy that everyone will get to hang out and play with our favorite thing... GLASS! It is really shaping up and the final class and fun plans are getting closer to being posted. Need to hear back from a few more peeps on the teaching thing and I will post again with that info.

Does anyone need me to post about hotels/motels? I mean it can be looked up on line if one wants the info.... or I can post stuff. If you look for places near Butler Market Rd. and Rt 97 you will be about 15 minutes from the ranch.

Elleth
2009-01-16, 10:36am
I have stayed here before, it's a bit spendy but they have great river side rooms, and I think it's close to where Ruth is.

http://www.riverhouse.com/

I have family in Bend and DH might be coming with me but if he doesn't and someone wants to share a room here with me let me know. :)

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-01-16, 10:44am
How far is Crane Prairie Resort from your place Ruth? I'm thinking since we're in a 24' 5th wheel we might stay there. My hubby and Corgi could do all the fishin' and boating they want while I'm playing with glass.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-16, 12:49pm
I have stayed here before, it's a bit spendy but they have great river side rooms, and I think it's close to where Ruth is.

http://www.riverhouse.com/

I have family in Bend and DH might be coming with me but if he doesn't and someone wants to share a room here with me let me know. :)

Yup, it's close.. and it's also $179.00 for a room on the river with a fireplace and spa tub. The other rooms.. don't know the costs.

You did know that I moved from where I was when you visited.... right? :lol:

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-16, 12:50pm
How far is Crane Prairie Resort from your place Ruth? I'm thinking since we're in a 24' 5th wheel we might stay there. My hubby and Corgi could do all the fishin' and boating they want while I'm playing with glass.

I will have to look it up and see.... brb

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-16, 1:16pm
It's about 33 miles southeast of Bend, probably 40 minutes away would be a close guess.

Elleth
2009-01-16, 1:25pm
Yup, it's close.. and it's also $179.00 for a room on the river with a fireplace and spa tub. The other rooms.. don't know the costs.

You did know that I moved from where I was when you visited.... right? :lol:
yup...it's spendy.
yup I knew you moved.
yup I just burned the crap outta my fingers! :oops:
yup I''m going to look for drugs...

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-16, 1:29pm
OMG!!!! Maggie.. Hope you're alright!

Elleth
2009-01-16, 1:31pm
I think I'll live but the fate of my finger prints is another story...:lol:

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-16, 1:32pm
OMG!!!!!

Firebrand Beads
2009-01-16, 3:30pm
AH, but no fingerprints means you don't have to wipe off your beads so much before you shoot them, lol!

glasswhimz
2009-01-16, 4:16pm
I would so love a foot massage. I know I will need it! Bet some of the teachers would like that too.

I think something could be worked out, I don't need a table for feet. and if we are around a camp fire my rates become non existant.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-16, 4:32pm
We are hoping for the right weather so camp fires will be part of the camp experience. If it's to dry they will be banned.. well... at least the big fires would be. I do have a fire bowl with a spark screen that we can use.

You know, you may want to consider going to ALL the glass shows and events. Offering foot massages should rake you in some bucks! :lol:

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-17, 12:31pm
bump.... more information to be posted soon! It's still very early but we are getting many interested folks for this fun 3 day event. There will be an application posted and the sponsors as well as teachers listed.

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-01-17, 1:08pm
Since this isn't going to be a structured event, I was wondering will you be posting a schedule of events ? I'm going to be camping off-site and want to make sure I'm there for the demos, classes, etc. I've never been to a lampworking event so don't have any idea what's what. I can't wait !!!

Teague
2009-01-17, 1:09pm
Ouch Maggie!

Ooh Massages! You may be the new Miss Popularity of Cram It! I've never had any kind of professional massage and always wanted one.

Teague is not keeping a list of participants but she is coming, most likely camping, and planning food with her sweetheart.

This concludes the third person portion of this post.

You know I know someone else from Coquille? It's such a small place, she lives in Texas now, but I think her family still lives there.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-17, 1:16pm
Since this isn't going to be a structured event, I was wondering will you be posting a schedule of events ? I'm going to be camping off-site and want to make sure I'm there for the demos, classes, etc. I've never been to a lampworking event so don't have any idea what's what. I can't wait !!!

Still working on the classes that will be done on what days Bonnie. I would like to set up a schedule soon and post it so peeps can send in thier applications with deposits. I will be posting that as soon as I hear back from the teachers and peeps that are doing demos and the like.

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-01-17, 1:29pm
Teague is not keeping a list of participants but she is coming, most likely camping, and planning food with her sweetheart.

I thought maybe you were taking Otter's place as Ruth's assistant ;-).

Teague
2009-01-17, 1:32pm
That may be. ;)

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-17, 2:24pm
I could use 2 assistant actually. Either of you guys up for it?

monarae
2009-01-18, 8:28am
hi Ruth! Just heard about this! Would love to go!

Mona

glasswhimz
2009-01-18, 8:31am
Ouch Maggie!

Ooh Massages! You may be the new Miss Popularity of Cram It! I've never had any kind of professional massage and always wanted one.

This concludes the third person portion of this post.

You know I know someone else from Coquille? It's such a small place, she lives in Texas now, but I think her family still lives there.

I think we could get you a first massage!!! Just make sure Michelle and I are on the camp roster.
Jodie

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-18, 10:18am
hi Ruth! Just heard about this! Would love to go!

Mona

WoooooWhoooo! Mona! Shall I put you on the list then? Or will it be you and one other?

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-18, 10:20am
I think we could get you a first massage!!! Just make sure Michelle and I are on the camp roster.
Jodie

Your on the list that Otter sent to me (with guest) Jodie. This will be wonderful! \\:D/

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-18, 6:19pm
Think I will post a new thread to let peeps vote on the T shirt designs. Wanna Vote? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119110)

Kevan
2009-01-19, 1:19am
The high desert of Easter Oregon.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3208522305_916dbae3d3_o.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3208521129_1e44367d2c_o.jpg

monarae
2009-01-19, 10:01am
WoooooWhoooo! Mona! Shall I put you on the list then? Or will it be you and one other?

Hi Ruth!

Well, I haven't had a chance to read up on all of it. I just back from Trey's class and my head it full!! I'll catch up soon I promise. In the meantime, put me down as a lurker.

Mona

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-19, 10:18am
Will do... you are on the lurker list! :lol:

Sure will be great to see what you made in Trey's class! He is my shield hero and such an inspiration.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-19, 10:48am
The high desert of Easter Oregon.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3208522305_916dbae3d3_o.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3208521129_1e44367d2c_o.jpg

That is so BEAUTIFUL Kevan! Thank you so much for sharing. Maybe it would be good to have a desert theme day of bead making with these photos as some inspiration?

Elleth
2009-01-19, 12:39pm
The Bend area is beautiful...
Here is a picture of Smith Rock, it's not far from Ruth's place and well worth a visit!
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/blueherontrading/smithrock1.jpg

artsyuno
2009-01-19, 12:45pm
I have fond memories of Bend/skiing at Mt. Bachelor when I was in high school with my childhood best friend and her family every winter break.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-19, 2:29pm
I want to go up to Mt. Bachelor so much! I am to old to ski now and my bones a mess from being sick for so long.... But boy do I want to go watch everyone having a good time. It's so fun to be around happy people!

Maggie... Did you take that picture? It's beautiful!

Elleth
2009-01-19, 2:37pm
I want to go up to Mt. Bachelor so much! I am to old to ski now and my bones a mess from being sick for so long.... But boy do I want to go watch everyone having a good time. It's so fun to be around happy people!

Maggie... Did you take that picture? It's beautiful!
Yeah I did, have you been to Smith Rock yet?
It's one of my favorite places on earth!

I think you should just get in your car and go up to the mountain., you can sit in the lodge sipping something warm and yummy while you watch people ski. I think that would be a nice way to spend an afternoon...

Firebrand Beads
2009-01-19, 4:04pm
I think you should just get in your car and go up to the mountain., you can sit in the lodge sipping something warm and yummy while you watch people ski. I think that would be a nice way to spend an afternoon...[/QUOTE]

Yes... this is the CIVILIZED way to enjoy snow! :grin:

Firebrand Beads
2009-01-19, 4:06pm
Oh, and Ruth, I am spreading the word with people I want to camp out & make beads with... hope you don't mind!! Anyone who makes me laugh out loud is on MY list!! ;-D

Teague
2009-01-19, 4:09pm
Nice pic Kevan, are you coming? We'd love to have you!

I lived/worked out of the Prineville BLM for a summer and the scenery is lovely. Just pass the 50 SPF twice a day. Three time if you're out after 5.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-19, 4:13pm
It's all good and cool with me Jenny! I set up a new email account to handle the CRAM IT stuff. If anyone wants to email me about CRAM IT 2009 give them the cram_it@rocketmail.com address... OK? Did you pick your time slot(s) for teaching yet?

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-19, 4:15pm
Yeah I did, have you been to Smith Rock yet?
It's one of my favorite places on earth!

I think you should just get in your car and go up to the mountain., you can sit in the lodge sipping something warm and yummy while you watch people ski. I think that would be a nice way to spend an afternoon...

That sounds great! Wonder if I should go on the morrow after my Dr. appointment........ O:)

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-20, 3:38pm
buuuuuuuuump lol

glasswhimz
2009-01-21, 9:58am
What an awesome picture!!! So is there any place to put my kayak in that river? Camping, Kayaking, and beads..... :grin:
Jodie

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-21, 10:28am
Oh yes in deedy! There is LOTS of kayaking here in Bend! Bend is the recreational capitol of this side of the country (from what I am told). Seems that the recreation is mainly outdoors. BUT they do have Juniper Swim and Fitness Center (http://bendparksandrec.org/Juniper_Swim__Fitness/) that has at least 2 pools and gobs of programs for fitness. I believe the day pass is like 5 or 6 bucks. I like the cycling, Pilates and yoga... that I need to get back to cause I have been a bad baby hiding out this cold winter.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-22, 1:26pm
bump

monarae
2009-01-22, 2:39pm
funy avi!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-22, 2:42pm
Phylis is my hero!

glasswhimz
2009-01-23, 1:10pm
Where did Phylis go? I was hopeing she would be the camp mascot.

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-23, 2:00pm
She will be one of the teachers! :lol: She's gettin a new wig tho.

Elleth
2009-01-24, 9:47am
Just got off the phone with Phylis....errrr....I mean Ruth it looks like the schedule for CRAM IT '09 is starting to come together...you go girl!
So far she has 2 folks committed on the teaching schedule and a few more waiting in the wings. I don't have all the details but I'm sure Ruth will fill us in today. :poke:

This sounds like it is going to be fun...fun...fun! :)

glasswhimz
2009-01-24, 10:45am
Can't wait to see the line up Michelle and I are trying to decide wich tent to bring and wich car will fit the massage table!!!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-26, 6:26pm
We are still trying to nail down the last of the teachers that will be here. The line up for this is proving to be one you will NOT want to miss!

We will be posting all the info as soon as we get confirmation. The new T shirt design is nearing completion and we are sure you will get a kick out of it. So much more fun then the first 2 ideas! Stay tuned!

glasswhimz
2009-01-26, 9:38pm
Stalking The Thread!!!!

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-27, 11:55am
Here is the new T shirt design that Gloria did. I hope you all like it... cause I love it! It's gonna look great on all your camp shirts! Of course the vendors will probably be on the back side.

Soupy
2009-01-27, 4:41pm
That's too funny! :lol:

lunacatjewels
2009-01-27, 5:48pm
Ahh Ruth this sounds like a blast! I wish it wee a little bit closer! I would love to come, I am thinking about it!

Diane

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-27, 6:23pm
It would be great to have you come Diane!

midniteburner
2009-01-27, 11:02pm
Here is the new T shirt design that Gloria (glasswhimz) did. I hope you all like it... cause I love it! It's gonna look great on all your camp shirts! Of course the vendors will probably be on the back side.

That is such a cute design!

Sara

glasswhimz
2009-01-28, 9:07am
Love the new design!!!! GREAT JOB GLORIA!!! I will wear it with pride...(Ruth you might have mixed up mine and Glorias LE names I am glasswhimz unless there are two of us HMMMM....)
Jodie

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-28, 9:51am
Sorry about that Jodie! I fixed it... but dang my head is still a wreck from what ever it is that is sucking the life out of me. I should NOT have posted that photo yet. :lol: Going to go to the urgent care today! I am normally not a baby when it comes to colds and stuff..... but this one really killin me! ick! :(

Ruth Nichols
2009-01-30, 5:58pm
The camper slots are filling up! If you are thinking that you will want to come to Camp Run A Muck in late June you will need to get your name on the list for hopefuls. Once all 25 slots are filled (with deposit) no more names will be excepted.

This is more of a camp where you can come and learn what is being demonstrated and then have a chance to practice it, talk with vendors, teachers and hang out with fellow glass workers. If this was a more structured "camp" the costs would need to be much higher. Since this is the first year of CRAM IT, it will be a jumping off point for more structure the following years. I can promise that you will go home with more knowledge then you came with, new friends and a great time hanging out camp style right here in Bend Oregon on this fine little mini ranch.

We were going to rent a big event tent for this but decided to build a pole structure this early spring that will be a whole barn/shop for next year. This year will be a slight more primitive then next year but still fun and educational. If you want to camp right here on the mini ranch there is NO additional costs.

Just wanted to clarify some of this while I am waiting for some of the last teacher/vendor confirmations. Be sure to get your name on the list before it's to late!

lavendar420
2009-02-04, 6:56pm
OOh, how did I miss this for so long? Add me to the list, do I need to do anything else at this time? I'd like to camp & may be bringing along a husband.. he would be playing outside, not with glass, during the day.

Kaye
2009-02-05, 4:21pm
this looks exciting Ruth, I just found this thread LOL

Ruth Nichols
2009-02-07, 10:17am
Thanks Kaye! It would be great to have you come and play in the desert with us.

Kaye
2009-02-08, 12:43pm
Ruth, I won't be able to come...sorry, to close to our 30th Aniversary and plans we will have, I have a trip to TN first part of June...so it just won't work ...good luck thou~

bead crazy
2009-02-08, 7:59pm
Hey all I am stepping in to help Ruth. Who would you like to see come and teach??? Any teachers like to come and teach??? Send me a pm if you would like to come and teach. We are working of getting a great event that everyone will want to come to and will grow!!!

Ruth and Otter have done a great job getting this rolling. We just need you all to sign up so we can make it happen!!!!

This is going to be a great event and alot of fun. This is a awesome area and the weather will be beautiful and warm.

Ruth Nichols
2009-02-10, 1:01pm
Thanks for posting Lori! Maybe asking about who would like to teach in the family room, patio or bathroom too?

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-02-18, 6:08pm
Hi Ruth ... Just checking in to see if you've got a demo/class schedule ironed out yet. Sounds like you might still be trying to get firm comittments from teachers and demonstrators. How about suppliers...is there going to be anybody from Bullseye there? Anywho ... just anxious for more info.

Ruth Nichols
2009-02-19, 10:10am
Still working on the details Bonnie. Wish I had more to tell you but there is lots of interest over this coming to the email box everyday. Oh, and I got some other great news too!

midniteburner
2009-02-19, 12:11pm
Ruth,

I just love the way you say that you have some other great news too...

just leave us hanging...

Sara

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-02-19, 4:47pm
Oh, and I got soem other great news too!

And that great news is .... ????

Ruth Nichols
2009-02-19, 5:47pm
:p

I can't tell you yet.... but I know you guys will like it! Great things are happening for CRAM IT and people are coming forward in support and high interest. Those that do come to camp will be right at the top of happy pile!

So many great things happened this week with Monday and Tuesday being right at the top of my needed pile. I had a great time with Kimberly and the private class was a blast! When the beads come in the mail I will post a new thread with all the details. Then I will get the beads and glass packed for the peeps that won the Christmas decorating contest I had.

bead crazy
2009-02-20, 8:53pm
So I have a few sponsors and vendors I am talking with. We are still looking for more teachers who would you all like to have come?

monarae
2009-02-21, 10:39am
Well, Trey Cornette would be just right for this kind of gig! And then there's KimV, and Kimberly Aflek, and Kristina Logan, and Cynthia (peepers!) and Lydia Muell, ...and ...and...and

Ruth Nichols
2009-02-22, 1:46pm
Great suggestions Mona! Sadly, this will need to be next year. :( I will continue to brain storm with the people that are helping with this and plan for a bigger event next year. We are drawing up plans to start the buildings here in the next few weeks. A small studio and a good size barn type building that will be set up for lots of possibilities.

I am excited with all the plans we are making to be able to have a great CRAM IT event for everyone. I am sad about the need to cancel this first annual Camp Run A Muck. (yes... traditional ways spell it "muk", but you all know I am anything but traditional and I am not talking about that traditional kind of muck anyway! :lol: ) We had a lot of interest in being campers and teachers with promises for next years event. I was hoping to be able to pull this off... but everything is pointing to next year rather then this. I can't fight the universe, so will follow it instead and go where it is guiding me. Please keep this event in mind for June 2010. June is the best time to come to the desert as everything is alive, beautiful and not hot at that point yet normally.

We have been busily laying out the grounds for the camping area and where the buildings will go. This will be easier for next year too so everyone can get the biggest bang for their bead camp buck. Food, top shelf bead makers teaching and doing demos, suppliers, vendors with a wide array of glass related goodies, bead and glass sellers, open torch times, night out at McMinnamins pre-camp hangout party and much more. It will be a blast but just not this year. :(
People have emailed left and right because they want to attend. When I get all the buildings I want to build done this year, there will be room for 50 "campers" rather then just 20.

All you guys deserve the best and I want to try to give that to you, even if in a small way. I have so much to give back to the lampwork community for the encouragement and sharing that has come my way. I can honestly say that lampworking and so many great hearts out there have saved my life. So, I got to get cracking and give something back. All of you are my top priority for the new tool line too. I am getting ready to have this whole new line made by a new company. I am excited about this new big change and even more excited that this tool maker understands molten glass artists.
OK, that is all I am going to say about the new tool line for now.

If you want to chat, ask questions or any other camp run a muck type comments, please feel free to post or email me. My in box for PM is nearly full and I will not be clearing it. The best way to reach me is by email.

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-02-22, 2:21pm
Actually next year will work better for me too. With everything we're doing to get my Mom moved up to Oregon this spring I haven't had much torch time or much time for anything else. I would imagine that getting demos and instructors lined up for this summer could be a problem because they're usually booked for several months in advance, and all the work you're planning on doing to your place to get ready...this'll give you a little breathing room. I'll be looking forward to June 2010 !

Nicker
2009-02-22, 2:38pm
Sorry but all I have to say is

WWWOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Next year works for me (better than this year anyways!)

Ruth Nichols
2009-02-22, 2:59pm
I am so glad you guys feel that way!

glasswhimz
2009-02-23, 9:10am
I am a firm believer in not fighting the universe. Next year works for me!!! Jodie

Ruth Nichols
2009-02-23, 9:24pm
That will be great to have you here Jodie!

Teague
2009-02-23, 9:33pm
Awl Okay next year sounds good! I do have something major for summer next year but it will probably work.

Ruth Nichols
2009-02-25, 8:56pm
Thanks for everything Teague! We will have a blast next year... but even better because we will have actual buildings rather then tents.

bead crazy
2009-02-26, 3:53am
Oh darn, Well I think that for the vendors and sponsers I talked to said that next year they could do it so I will have that set up. Ruth lets talk so we can figure out a few things.

Ruth Nichols
2009-02-26, 8:09am
Sounds good to me! Call me sometime in the afternoon... OK? I have been swamped trying to get all the planning and everything connected to the buildings I am hoping for to be done this early year. I so want to have a nice place to this annual event at. No point in starting it off in tents if we don't have to.

Ruth Nichols
2009-03-06, 12:12pm
Added more info on the first post. Be sure not to miss it.

Ruth Nichols
2009-04-17, 8:11am
This is still in the plans for 2010 so start saving your nickles!

Ruth Nichols
2009-05-10, 6:25pm
Bump

encantado
2009-05-12, 5:07pm
Hey Ruth- sign me up as a helper next year!!! I love Bend and would love to help you with anything you need! I love cooking if you need someone to make some food too!

Hugs
Rebecca

Ruth Nichols
2009-05-12, 5:12pm
You are a total doll Rebecca! Shoot me an email so I can put our info in the CRAM IT folder. lol

A_Glass_Bash
2009-05-20, 10:49pm
tell us dates now so it's calandered in.. I would try to come I think next year :) since I wont' be in Texas at a wedding with in laws who DON'T understand glass or care to hear me talk about it...

Ruth Nichols
2009-05-21, 7:05am
Still working on the final dates... BUT... they are going to be close to the original June dates that had been posted for 09's camp. Maybe a poll would be good to see if there is preferred dates? Anyone else interested in dates or different dates?

angelique_redhead
2009-05-21, 9:52am
June is usually good for us. :love: Angelique

Still working on the final dates... BUT... they are going to be close to the original June dates that had been posted for 09's camp. Maybe a poll would be good to see if there is preferred dates? Anyone else interested in dates or different dates?

cheng076
2009-06-04, 12:03pm
Ruth,
After you told me about the CRAM IT 2010 I naturally read it as 2009 and found the LE thread. Which I then read through. I was so disappointed to fine it cancelled. The biggest reason being that for the last several years I attended AGI in Penn., a week long glass experience. I could not afford to go this year so CRAMIT was great... close enough to drive to with my camper or trailer, inexpensive, educational, and fun. Bet your booty I'll be there 2010.
Some thoughts;
With the new building(s) maybe enough torch stations could be set up so almost everyone who brought their torch & tools could set up.
All who attend are both student and teacher... continuous demos.
I don't do many beads and work mostly in boro nowdays but maybe I'd be welcome??
Establish a instructor/demo list far in advance of signup starting.
PJH

monarae
2009-06-04, 2:05pm
Hi Ruth! I responded to your note. Hope all is well!

Mona

Ruth Nichols
2009-06-04, 5:34pm
Ruth,
After you told me about the CRAM IT 2010 I naturally read it as 2009 and found the LE thread. Which I then read through. I was so disappointed to fine it cancelled. The biggest reason being that for the last several years I attended AGI in Penn., a week long glass experience. I could not afford to go this year so CRAMIT was great... close enough to drive to with my camper or trailer, inexpensive, educational, and fun. Bet your booty I'll be there 2010.
Some thoughts;
With the new building(s) maybe enough torch stations could be set up so almost everyone who brought their torch & tools could set up.
I don't do many beads and work mostly in boro nowdays but maybe I'd be welcome??
PJH

So far it is still in forward motion. I like some of your ideas and look forward to talking with you about some of them. Shoot me an email and we will chat.

Hi Ruth! I responded to your note. Hope all is well!

Mona

Thank you Mona! Yes, everything is going in a good direction!

Ruth Nichols
2009-08-15, 9:22pm
Ruth,
Some thoughts;
PJH

We have 4 teachers that have committed for sure and several others that will be talking with me about details when this years events are done. I know they will need time to breath and regroup for next year. This type of thing is NOT in any way to compete with other events and is leaning heavily into learning and camping all rolled into one. I will even have a few vintage trailers to let the teachers bunk up and use gratis in exchange for all the help and time they will be supplying. This event will be at the beginning of the year. The scheduled date is June 25-26-27 2010. There will be lots of vending, and personal (individual) sales and trades. No charge this year for any of the vendors, individuals or bead and supply sales.

Jamn!
2009-09-15, 11:01am
Putting my foot in here to see whats going on! :)

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-09-15, 11:07am
I was just gonna ask for the 2010 dates because in a couple weeks I have to make vacation reservations for next summer and didn't want it to conflict with Camp. Glad to hear that things are still in the works. I'm gonna mark my calendar for the last week of June.

Ruth Nichols
2009-09-15, 11:45am
Camp Run A Muck will be June 25-26-27 2010. (Yup, MUCK... a play on words) lol

It is really shaping up to be a great time with people that are asking about the event all the way from New York! Got my top spinning when we got that email. Some folks are planing to fly in. I may go talk with the local trailer place and see about renting a few trailers.... not sure how that will work with this economy mind set. They can't give away new trailers and people want the vintage ones all over the place. I got on 5 different sites for our specific trailers.... man there is a lot to learn! lol

Guess I need to go back to my CRAM IT thread and see what I last posted for details. I am getting calls from vendors again... fun ones too! lol

monarae
2009-09-15, 1:15pm
That sounds so cool!

Ruth Nichols
2009-09-15, 1:36pm
Hi Mona! :waving:

It should be a blast and with all the great stuff getting planned it should be an entire weekend of fun and more fun. \\:D/

Ruth Nichols
2009-09-26, 7:02pm
The list of attendees is growing. We are talking to a few vendors and so far Mike Frantz has agreed to come and be part of the fun. we have several new teachers to add on teh list with Mark McCourt being one. We can't tell you to much yet because we do want some of it to be a surprise. Many of you know (and love we are sure) the many additional teachers we are adding to the list. A list you will just have to wait for to see all the details on.

Trailers are being looked at every day and we now have 7 for teachers and demo artists to be able to stay in.

OK.... stay with us cause this is going to get interesting very VERY soon!

Hugs!

Rose Leslie
2009-09-29, 6:41am
I'm going to be coming. Thought you might like to know about that. OK! Now off to get some stuff done.
Do you have a tshirt idea already?
Didn't go through every response yet.

Ruth Nichols
2009-09-29, 6:54am
Oh yes, we have a design done up for a T-shirt. Keep looking through the posts..... you'll see it and who designed it too! :)

MrBooger
2009-10-11, 9:03pm
Hello Missy Ruth! It has been way way too long since I have chattered at you and am most seriously considering begging you to save two spaces. Will merit beads be given for different catagories? I want to be a bead scout for 2010...

Bead All That You Can Bead,
Sheryll Who Has Been Away So Long I Can't Even Remember My Password

Ruth Nichols
2009-10-11, 10:41pm
Awwweee... This is such a wonderful post! I miss talking with you guys and hope you are both well and happy. I will be trying to give you guys a call here soon.

Rose Leslie
2009-10-12, 7:08am
Love the t-shirt. OH my. I will have to buy two of them. Yup one for me to wear there and then on the way home. So that will have to be changed out some. Oh my. This is going to be some fun.

MerryFool
2009-10-18, 11:47am
Sounds like fun, Ruth...wish I lived closer or could afford to go. I hope that it works out really well for everyone!!! :love:

Ruth Nichols
2009-10-18, 1:44pm
We are planning a lot of fun stuff as well as a lot to learn and watch. It would be great if you got to come.... but I do understand the time and distance thing. So, start saving your pennies for next year! lol Maybe check out Deb Crowley's new deal on the east coast?

cheng076
2009-10-18, 10:00pm
Ruth,
Been very busy and haven't checked up on this for some time but as I told you at the Frantz Bash I want very much to attend. Where do I send the reservation fee? Still willing to come early and help setup etc. I will be in my little Casita 16 ft. Trailer. Self contained and good for about 5 days of dry camping (no hookups) Is a small generator OK to run in the daytime to charge batteries?
PJHicks

Ruth Nichols
2009-10-19, 11:26am
Oh yes.... that is perfect PJ! A self contained trailer, camper or tent is perfect. We moved all the teachers trailers this weekend and are laying out the grounds for the areas for teaching, camping, vendors and other activities. The greenhouse is in the works and the guy will be coming here this week.

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-10-21, 2:44pm
Hi Ruth ... When do you think you'll start registration ?

Ruth Nichols
2009-10-21, 3:23pm
As soon as all the teachers submit their class proposals. I will post a new thread with all the information then.

You are still working with us on this Bonnie? Been thinking about you a lot lately. Lori is to fault for that! ;) :lol:

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-10-21, 3:38pm
I been sickly http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_31.gif the past 3 weeks. We had water damage to the house in July so we had to demolish the kitchen, one bath and part of my office. We've been doing all the renovations ourselves and I think I just got over exhausted so the bug was able to take hold of me.

Yes, I'm still available to help with whatever you need me to do...kitchen work, set up, paperwork, etc. I can come up a couple of days early if you want me to. We're going to be camping in our 5th wheel somewhere nearby...haven't gotten reservations in yet, but will do that soon.

Sent Lori a PM regarding teaching.

Ruth Nichols
2009-10-21, 6:16pm
Bonnie.... That would be so great! Shoot me an email so we can chat.. I have your email addy but can't find it for some reason.

Elegance_1
2009-11-06, 12:16pm
Hi Ruth, I don't know how I ran into this thread but I'm glad I did! I think we finally may be able to come out and do this! We also have a camper complete with quite generator if needs be. The dates will need to be approved by my boss (who does not like it when I take vacation) and I will work on that as soon as I get DH interested!! I know he would love to come and be around all the glass, torches and women! hehehe He may even be useful to us!

Ruth Nichols
2009-11-06, 12:41pm
Hi Ruth, I don't know how I ran into this thread but I'm glad I did! I think we finally may be able to come out and do this! We also have a camper complete with quite generator if needs be. The dates will need to be approved by my boss (who does not like it when I take vacation) and I will work on that as soon as I get DH interested!! I know he would love to come and be around all the glass, torches and women! hehehe He may even be useful to us!

Really????? \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/ That would be so cool!!! \\:D/[-o<\\:D/ lol

Oh... edit to say bring Sandy with you!!!! :badgrin:

cheng076
2009-11-08, 2:29pm
Hey Ruth and gang,

I have volunteered to help Ruth with onsite communications. Basically just some volunteers to have family band walky-talky radios and know the basics of who, what, and where things are happening and take care of those emergencies that always come up. Like "HELP! my propane ran out.... do something!!" or "Where's the burn creme?!"

I wanted to say that I don't want to be the only male attending so bring your spouces, boyfriends, or whatever to keep me company so I don't get overwhelmed;-)) And you guys out there, sign up, it's gonna be a blast.

See you there...it's gonna be a great time!
PJ

PS - Ruth, looks like I'll be in Albany in March for the exposition and can swing over to Bend to confer and help out with prep. There are also some good fly fishing places around there I want to check out.

Hey Kinberly, if I bring some fly tying materials would you like to demo some tying just for giggles?

PJ

bead crazy
2009-11-08, 4:42pm
Are you kidding I don't want my husband around my glass fun!!! Just kidding he will probibly be there to lend a hand if we can find a sitter for my grandson otherwise he will be at my moms taking care of him after he drops off the camper for me. But if you keep him out of my hair I might let him stay. :lol: My DH knows of some great fishing places up there he could take you to.

Ruth Nichols
2009-11-08, 5:52pm
:lol:

It's great to have PJ as part of the crew!

Everything is really shaping up and I am real happy to say that we will soon have the greenhouse style chosen. This building will be well ventilated and shaded from afternoon sun. We have the ground prepped and ready to get started as soon as it arrives. Thought I had some local help but that turned out to be a bust.... so we may have to wait till next early spring to get all the building done. The plan is for 3 buildings and maybe one pavilion.... the rest of the grounds will be for camping and fun.... oh ya... and chickens! You know we will have plenty of fresh organic chicken eggs for the event! :lol:

judi
2009-11-09, 5:11am
ruth...i wanna come! will you hold me a place please????????
thanks!
judi
also what town are you in? i would like to look for a motel. thanks!

Ruth Nichols
2009-11-09, 9:04am
Hi Judi! It would be great to have you here! \\:D/

Bend Oregon is where we are at this year.

We will be announcing the details in about a week for camp. That will be the time when you can send your deposit for your spot at camp. Hope that works for you time wise.

Hugs!

glasswhimz
2009-12-08, 8:07am
Just checking in. Hope Michelle and I are still on the list. I have been to busy to keep up with LE lately. Toodles Jodie

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-10, 5:05pm
We are still working on details of the camp. We hope to make an official announcement soon.

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-11, 6:35pm
We are talking about simplifying this first camp to accommodate the folks that really want to come but need the costs lower so it is affordable to come. Though we can't change the costs of travel and the like we will be doing our best to have this first glass camp fun, informative, easy to attend all demos and best of all have the costs lower then any other event (if possible) in current day history.

No one is trying to undercut anyone else who is having events and we want everyone to know that we encourage taking classes and attending all the events possible that are put on by the various groups. Learning should be a pleasure as well as fun and informative. No matter where one gets their knowledge it is always great to learn and share new things.

Crazy Woman
2009-12-11, 7:50pm
Waving at Ruf!!!!

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-11, 10:37pm
Waving :waving: back at my swee-tea-est friend Leslie! :lol:

Anyone that wants to be on the list please email me at r.nichols @ mail.com (no spaces)

I will put you on the running list and then send out announcements of teachers, and all the rest soon.

We are also talking about a new camp name as I have had many folks (respectfully) tell me they did not like the other one. No problem cause I am all about the teaching and learning... not the silliness so much. So, if you have any ideas for a new camp name go right ahead and post them here.

Stay tuned or check here for more info as we have it available. June will come quick!

angelique_redhead
2009-12-12, 6:12am
I personally liked Camp Run Amuck best but it doesn't imply glassy goodness. ;) :love: Angelique

Waving :waving: back at my swee-tea-est friend Leslie! :lol:

Anyone that wants to be on the list please email me at RuthNichols @ mail.com (no spaces)

I will put you on the running list and then send out announcements of teachers, and all the rest soon.

We are also talking about a new camp name as I have had many folks (respectfully) tell me they did not like the other one. No problem cause I am all about the teaching and learning... not the silliness so much. So, if you have any ideas for a new camp name go right ahead and post them here.

Stay tuned or check here for more info as we have it available. June will come quick!

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-12-12, 10:27am
Nothing against CRAM, but it really would be nice to have a name that puts visions of a glass rondevu in your head.

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-12, 10:48am
Now there is a plan! Whatchu got? :D

monarae
2009-12-12, 11:18am
Melt on the Mountain (fire on the mountain is a name of a local concernt but that's a good one)

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-12, 11:38am
lol.. I like the direction that could take it! Say more. We are in teh High Desert of Central Oregon.... lol... I hear that on the radio a gazillion times a day.. so it must be true. Wonder if that would make a difference in what works.... My first inclination would be to want something that fits the area AND fits everyone coming a close 2nd. Maybe I should run a name that camp contest? lol

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-12-12, 12:23pm
A "name that camp" contest sounds great ! I'm gonna have to come up with an entry.

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-12, 3:59pm
Wanna head that up Bonnie? Maybe post it in the family room? What should we give as a prize?

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-12-12, 8:53pm
Sure, I'd be happy to post the information for the contest. What would you like to award the winner ??? Should it be glass...or maybe a subscription...a bead or pendant...or a discount on something at the event ???

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-12, 9:48pm
I'll cover a subscription for one year Flow Magazine or an equal value of glass. Winner picks the COE, I pick the type and who from with a wish list from the winner. We can keep it simple and you can cook up the few details as to how to post for suggestions and a chance to win. OK? Would that work? I am ok with just about any details you can think of... just toss em out and we will talk about it some more. I may even want to award a second winner... you know a runner up thing. Winner does not need to be at camp to collect the winnings.

bead crazy
2009-12-12, 10:00pm
We could even pick a top 3 or 4 and then have a poll

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-12, 10:32pm
That may work too.

Hi :waving: Lori!

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-12-13, 12:02am
Sounds good to me.

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-13, 10:13am
Good! Let's do it! Family room will prolly be best.. maybe? :grin:

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-13, 7:05pm
I personally liked Camp Run Amuck best but it doesn't imply glassy goodness. ;) :love: Angelique

Me too... but I want to try and make it so most folks are comfy with it. Oh, had to change the email address that I first had.. I couldn't get signed in and they never got back to me. So, the new email address is r.nighols @ mail.com The best way to get on the list for glass camp is to send me an email with the words GLASS CAMPERS in the subject line.

angelique_redhead
2009-12-13, 8:49pm
Even when I take the spaces out of that email address it's not working for me. :( :love: Angelique

Me too... but I want to try and make it so most folks are comfy with it. Oh, had to change the email address that I first had.. I couldn't get signed in and they never got back to me. So, the new email address is r.nighols @ mail.com The best way to get on the list for glass camp is to send me an email with the words GLASS CAMPERS in the subject line.

monarae
2009-12-13, 9:26pm
I think Ruth mistyped her last name!

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-13, 10:11pm
lol... oh... lol.. yup... that is exactly what I did! r.nichols @ mail.com should work. lol

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-13, 10:25pm
Got your name on the list Angelique!

angelique_redhead
2009-12-13, 10:31pm
Thanks! :love: Angelique

Got your name on the list Angelique!

larissa
2009-12-28, 10:26am
I just sent you an e mail Ruth.

I want to come!!!!! I'd be pretty crazy not to as I live in Bend. I know another beadmaker here who may be interested. I'll tell him about it too.

:) Larissa

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-28, 10:36am
It would be great to have you here Larissa! I love having neighbors that are glassy peeps! It's so different then when I lived in Alaska. lol Seemed like there was no one else on Ketchikan island that made beads.

Are you thinking of Mark McCourt as the other Bend artist? Who ever may be interested... have then shoot me an email to that email email address. The more the merrier!

This will be a blast! \\:D/

larissa
2009-12-28, 10:49am
The person I'm thinking of is Dan Feitler. He had a booth at the Saturday Market here in Bend. I sent him an e mail with your e mail address.

Ruth Nichols
2009-12-28, 11:00am
(((((Larissa))))) Thank you!

Puddy Tat Glass
2010-01-06, 11:58pm
Ruth I was wondering what kind of torches we'll be working on ? I'm anxious to see more information on the new retreat http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_209.gif

bead crazy
2010-01-07, 12:21am
If I remember right they were Mini cc if we are still getting them from the same person

Ruth Nichols
2010-01-07, 10:08am
Sorry I have not been around much the last few days. I have great news to share... but I'll talk about that later in another thread. Lori... I sent you an email a bit ago. Call me this evening... OK?

Puddy Tat Glass
2010-01-07, 10:28am
Thanks Lori.

bead crazy
2010-01-11, 1:17am
Sorry I missed this and did not give you a call. The kids are gone from 12:30-3 I will try to call you then tomorrow If you don't hear back from me by 1:30 call me or call me after 3 too will be fine

Elyn
2010-01-17, 8:43pm
Ruth, Have you posted your great news yet in another thread? Where will we find that thread? You have my curiosity up now. Thanks.

Puddy Tat Glass
2010-01-17, 10:13pm
Sorry I have not been around much the last few days. I have great news to share... but I'll talk about that later in another thread. Lori... I sent you an email a bit ago. Call me this evening... OK?

Me too, what's the great news you're gonna share ? Was it about your son ? That was great news.

Ruth Nichols
2010-01-18, 9:15am
lol... sorry about the confusion... yes.. it was about Dan (my son) and I talking again. It's wonderful and exciting every day!

The news for camp as the HDGR will be announced very soon. I am waiting to hear back from 2 people concerning their details.

Lori... oh Lori... where are you? I have a doctors appointment today... should tale about 2 hours... but please call me this evening.... I left a message on your voice mail last week.

Ruth Nichols
2010-01-18, 9:18am
This is the link to the good news thread. http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150719

bead crazy
2010-01-19, 1:28am
lol... sorry about the confusion... yes.. it was about Dan (my son) and I talking again. It's wonderful and exciting every day!

The news for camp as the HDGR will be announced very soon. I am waiting to hear back from 2 people concerning their details.

Lori... oh Lori... where are you? I have a doctors appointment today... should tale about 2 hours... but please call me this evening.... I left a message on your voice mail last week.

I will call you tomorrow. I don't know wth is going on with my messages other than if it was my cell the 503 number I don't have that phone anymore lost it and decided not to get a new one and canceled the service to save the money.