Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Possible workshop with Beau Anderson

Pratt
2009-01-17, 3:11pm
Beau Anderson will be coming all the way from France to Pratt Fine Arts Center on Jan 24 and 25. We are researching the possibility of him teaching a class from 9:30am-5:30pm each of those days. The cost would be $130 per day. Below is his bio and the description of the class.
Is this something you may be interested in doing? Please let me know so we can decide if it is feasible to do this.

Make a Bead Totem
Complete a personal "bead totem" using specialized techniques learned in class. Dots, masked dots, ancient patterns, murrinis, stratification, folded beads, bent beads, double and multiple beads will all be extensively covered. Beau is recognized for his versatility, precision, charisma, and his flair for elaborate detail. Come prepared to work hard, have fun and take home a new set of beadmaking skills. Prerequisite: Beadmaking I

Beau Anderson
I was born on the edge of Lake Samish in Bellingham WA. My father Tom Anderson is a wood worker who runs his own business called CreativeOpenings.com, specializing in custom doors. My mother Sage started making glass beads when I was 7 and was brave enough to let me try. I am 27 now and have been working with glass in the flame for 20 years. I still make beads nearly every day and enjoy teaching this fascinating art form.

All the best,

Amanda Ondrick
Education Associate
(206) 328-2200 x222
aondrick@pratt.org
Register TODAY for winter art classes!

Gila
2009-01-17, 7:48pm
Hi Amanda,
Where is the Pratt Fine Arts Center located please?

glassbear
2009-01-18, 7:33pm
Hi Gila,

Pratt Fine Arts Center is located at 1902 South Main Street, Seattle, WA. http://www.pratt.org/about/location.html

I took Beau's class totem class recently, it was fun class and Pratt has an awesome flameworking studio.

Cheryl

Gila
2009-01-18, 10:13pm
Thanks Cheryl!

Lara
2009-01-19, 7:28pm
Darn it, I will be out of town.

KristiB
2009-01-20, 2:21pm
i would love to, but my daughter has a volleyball tournament that weekend.. In fact, she was bummed because she wanted to take it too!

I hope he will think about doing it again

Kristi

beauxbead
2009-01-27, 10:12pm
Thank you for being so wonderfull seattleites>
You are on fire!!!!
=D>