Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Custom tungsten Tweezers???

Melodie
2009-02-08, 10:24pm
Does anyone make custom tungsten tweezers? I am tired of my regular ones flaking off on my glass when making off hand flowers. :( Yeah, I know you are not supposed to put a tool in the flame but there are times I need to flash a component so I need something that won't flake. Nothing more unsightly than a dang black speck on an otherwise perfectly good petal. #-o

I want something similar to JP Lampwork's Super tungsten tweezers (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.), not the bent ones. I would simply order the ones they have but I can't tell if they are flat on the inside or round like the bent tweezers. I did send them an email asking and am awaiting an answer but I'd like to order from within the US if possible.

What I'm looking for:

I have a pair of needle nose tweezers that have the same handle as the normal everyday blunt end tweezers with serrations. I do have other ones with different handles but don't like the feel of them. I have ground off the serrations and really sharpened the points. I use these every single time I torch so it's important to me to get something I'm comfortable with.

Any suggestions on who I might contact to make something like this for me? I'd really appreciate the help. :love:

lavendar420
2009-02-08, 11:15pm
I know its not what you're asking, but the bent ones are flattened just enough on the inside. I have a pair & use them every time I torch, they're soo nice. Malcolm has the bent ones & is very responsive to emails: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ArtcoInc
2009-02-10, 12:56pm
I also do have the straight ones in stock. If you'd like, I'll try and take a closeup photo of the tips. Send me your email address (either by PM or email).

I've just returned from the Best Bead Show in Tucson and still need to unpack, so it may take me a little while.

Malcolm

Melodie
2009-02-10, 3:10pm
I know its not what you're asking, but the bent ones are flattened just enough on the inside. I have a pair & use them every time I torch, they're soo nice. Malcolm has the bent ones & is very responsive to emails: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the info! I don't think I could get used to the bent ones though. Yeah ... I know it's sort of anal but I've been using straight ones for several years and am not good at change. :lol:

I also do have the straight ones in stock. If you'd like, I'll try and take a closeup photo of the tips. Send me your email address (either by PM or email).

I've just returned from the Best Bead Show in Tucson and still need to unpack, so it may take me a little while.

Malcolm

YES!!! :love::love::love: If they are the ones listed on JP Lampwork's site then those would be perfect. They say they are close to 6" which is the size I'm wanting. I was going to order from Japan tonight so your post couldn't have come at a better time. :grin: If they are the same ones I don't even need a pic, just an invoice. :lol: