Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Boro Question(s)

Curly Irish Girl
2006-01-19, 11:58am
I'm making the leap to boro (Thank You JC Herrell!) - my question is now that I've got the boro & lenses and figured out how to program my annealer - how do I get all those fabulous colors and fades in my glass? Does it just "magically happen" in the torch/annealer or do I need to be mixing colors and using boro frit????? EEEKKKK!!!

Cosmo
2006-01-19, 12:34pm
First of all, I would take a few minutes to read through this thread:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11198

There is a lot of good information about developing color, annealing, etc.

Second, pick up a copy of Doug Remschneider's Boro Bead Magic video.

Armed with those two things, you should be good to go.

Curly Irish Girl
2006-01-19, 3:41pm
I've been watching/reading that thread but TODAY I finally heard the part about 10% color and 90% clear! I need to get a hand full of clear boro before I go any further! Thanks for the video suggestion....I saw part of it this last weekend at our WI get together.

baylie
2006-03-15, 11:02pm
I saw part of it this last weekend at our WI get together.I am in wisc, and my wife is menominee. Where do you get together to talk glass?I used to give lessons in madison, and I am always down to swap glass knowledge:-D

Curly Irish Girl
2006-03-16, 6:37pm
Check out the In Your Backyard portion of the forum. I believe a play date is being established.

I am in wisc, and my wife is menominee. Where do you get together to talk glass?I used to give lessons in madison, and I am always down to swap glass knowledge:-D