Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : OGSI 15 - What torch do you use?

DebC
2006-01-20, 3:14pm
Hello everyone. I recently joined LE and am now attempting my first post! :-D LOL hopefully I get this right.

I work full time and have a DD that is three, so I don't get a lot of torch time. BUT, I have a DH who is awesome and ensures that I have all the toys that I require to enjoy those few hours that I get to be at one with the glass. (He likes to do woodworking so it is tit-for-tat. He gets a new tool, I get a new tool:-D )

Soooo ... I have an OGSI 15 and the holding tank for it, and I use a Minor at this time. (I did mention that my DH is awesome?! The OGSI was my Christmas present in 2004.) I would like to consider getting a bigger torch, but I would like to know what other people are successfully using with their OGSI 15.

I am especially interested in if you are living at a higher altitude and using an OGSI 15. (I live just outside of Calgary, Alberta)

Currently I use my torch for soft glass (beads and off mandrel work & I am attempting sculptural), but I would like to start doing some boro (beads and off mandrel and sculpture). I have tried boro before, but let's face it boro is slow and on a minor it's really slow.
Thanks
Deb

Anakin's Glass Eye
2006-01-20, 4:58pm
I know you could max out a GTT Lynx with the OG-15 and holding tank. And I've read that with a holding tank you could run a Phantom for short durrations, but don't quote me on that. I'd recommend that you call OGSI, Fred Morgan. I talked to him last week and he deals with a lot of glassblowers and knows a bit about our torches. They just got done testing the new OG-20 with various torches and he may be able to give you some usefull info.

Good luck.

DebC
2006-01-21, 7:29am
Thanks
I will

Tink
2006-01-21, 11:08pm
I use a Barracuda with my OG-15/tank setup. It's fabulous!

DebC
2006-01-21, 11:12pm
Thank you Tink
I also had some discussions today with others and they indicated that Lynx and Bobcat work well also.
I will have to go search to see what peoples opinions are of all of these torches.
Deb

TTreasures
2006-01-22, 10:48am
Hi,
I use a Lynx with mine, and it works fine. I just got it at the Gathering in July and was nervous that it wouldn't work, but I have been really happy with the results.

Pat g