Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : marble decorating tutorials needed!

wetnoodle33
2006-01-27, 3:22pm
i'm in need of some wonderful tutorials on mrable decorating techniques, or marble cane-pulling techniques. i would love to learn how to make those pretty ribbon marbles that you see all of the time!:-D

MargieS
2006-01-28, 7:04am
Although I'm a newbie with marbles, I have been using Drew Fritts book Torchworked Marbles to help me with techniques. It is very clearly written and takes you through a variety of marble making exercises, ranging from fairly easy to more complex. Also, if you're in the Midwest, you might want to check out the marble shows in Kansas City the first weekend of March. Last year, I missed the show at the hotel Sunday, but stopped by Marble Crazy Saturday. It was just amazing!! Hope this helps.
Margie

wetnoodle33
2006-01-28, 7:58am
awesome! I have heard about that book, but I didn't think it was all that great at first. Thanks for recommending it!

Also, I live about 2 hours away from Kansas City. I never had any idea that they had marble shows there! Cool! \\:D/

Ellen Black
2006-01-28, 8:15am
Drew Fritts book is FANTASTIC ! Here is the link. Ellen

http://frittsartglass.com/marbles/books/volume1/TOC.html