Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Propane Connections

Woodchip
2006-01-28, 9:26am
Hi,
I am just setting up my studio and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are propane connections that attach to the outside of the house and then on the other side, inside the house has a connection for your torch hoses? I hope I have explained properly what I am looking for.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Diane

Dale M.
2006-01-28, 11:20am
Typically one has to have propane piped in... Meaning there must be a metallic pipe passing through wall... Outside there must be a shut off valve before pipe enters wall and then inside you will need a second shut off valve before" hose connections." After the inside shut off valve hose connection may be either for "B" type hose connector uses on welding type hose or it can be a barbed fitting if you choose to use hose with out crimped on connectors. All hose must be propane rated, no matter where it is in system. Out side connection from tank/regulator to metallic piping can be either metallic (usually soft copper) or again a "rubber" hose that is propane approved. NFPA (National Fire Prevention Association) prohibits propane to enter building at a pressure not to exceed 20Psi..

If you are not familiar with LP gas plumbing it may be best to contract a gas company or plumber to have work done for you.

Dale