Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Piranha flames???

CarolinaDreamDesigns
2006-02-04, 5:34am
OK - I can't seem to wrap my head around what is what on this Piranha. How do I tell a reducing flame, a neutral flame, and a oxidising (sp?) flame? What should the candles look like? How big should they be? ARGGHHHHH.

Thank you! :???:

Martha

Mr. Smiley
2006-02-04, 9:22am
If they are yellow tipped, it's reducing. If the tips are mostly blue, but it's running quiet, it's prolly real close to neutral. If it's hissing and all blue, you're oxydized. I hope this helps. :D

Pookies85
2006-02-04, 10:24am
What is just the middle candle has a yellow tip?

Lisa

dlbirtwell
2006-02-04, 10:35am
What is just the middle candle has a yellow tip?

Lisa

Good question! With my new piranha, I can get all the others but the middle candle to be neutral with minimal hissing (still seems to have more noise than a minor). The middle candle stays yellow on the tip.

Diane.

FlameDancer
2006-02-04, 1:09pm
In my experience with the Piranha, the middle candle will always have just a TAD bit of yellow at the tip unless you are oxydizing. If I tried to get rid of the yellow, all together, it would hiss a bit.

Now, it's the cudda and the outer fire I'm having a bit of trouble with.

CarolinaDreamDesigns
2006-02-17, 5:55am
I really don't know if I have a handle on it yet but when I adjust my flame now, I chant "Smiley says ......yellow reducing, blue neutral, hissing oxy, yellow reducing ...."

Thank you!

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Martha

pierces*designs
2006-02-17, 8:29am
LOL thanks for this thread. I am glad I am not the only one who was taken aback after working on a minor. Cool little torch!