Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : A little more 02 please

Glass Gardens
2009-07-16, 5:52am
I am running a 8n torch on a 5 lpm concentrator and if I had just 1 or 2 more pounds of pressure I could really do some boro I would be happy with. Is there a way to put just a little tanked 02 in line with the concentrator?
Thanks

Wonker
2009-07-16, 6:00am
You can add a tank, but here's the deal....if you hook up two lines that run into a second common line and then into your torch the line that has the highest pressure will shut down the one with the lower pressures. You can do it to increase the volume of 02 that goes to your torch by adjusting the two pressures to be equal, but you can't really increase the pressure of the 02 going to your torch. Does that make sense?

metalbone
2009-07-16, 6:36am
In your oxycon, there may also be a valve on the internal holding tank for o2 (after it leaves the zeolite cartridges). You might be able to increase the pressure by adjusting that valve. Usually it is at the top of the internal holding tank.

You can also get a small oil less compressor that can run to say 30 psi, feed your oxycon to that, which in turn feeds a small holding tank, then off to your torch via a regulator. You would have to add a valve between the oxycon and compressor to bleed off o2 if the holding tank fill up and the compressor can no longer fill the tank (so that the oxycon alarm doesn't sound off). Or you can add the bleed-off valve to the holding tank. Its more work to set up a system like this, and it may be easier to get a new oxycon with a slightly higher pressure.