Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Warning: Possible Malware at RioGrande

Marjo
2009-07-23, 7:25am
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I just went to the RioGrande.com site and got this nasty message. I called Rio on the phone and I emailed this screen shot to them.
They are looking into it. Just wanted to warn folks here on LE. I will keep you all posted if I hear anything.

Wonker
2009-07-23, 7:35am
if you're really interested. if you type this in your browser it will show what google found.

google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=riogrande.com

Marjo
2009-07-23, 7:41am
if you're really interested. if you type this in your browser it will show what google found.

google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=riogrande.com

So why do you think I got that message? I'm on a Mac and I've never seen that before.

Wonker
2009-07-23, 7:44am
according to the Google visit to the site on 7/22 there were download attempts made without user permission. I'm not sure why your computer showed that message to you, but you may have some program or are running a browser that detects a site that is on their list as having potential malware on the site. I would suspect the download attempts were harmless, but I'm certainly no expert.

Marjo
2009-07-23, 7:46am
according to the Google visit to the site on 7/22 there were download attempts made without user permission. I'm not sure why your computer showed that message to you, but you may have some program or are running a browser that detects a site that is on their list as having potential malware on the site. I would suspect the download attempts were harmless, but I'm certainly no expert.

Hmmm. I visited the site just yesterday, and no message came up.

Wonker
2009-07-23, 7:51am
It looks like yesterday is the same day their attempt was made, so maybe the visited after you did.

Marjo
2009-07-23, 8:14am
Here's the email response I got from the customer service rep at Rio. I sent them the same screen shot I posted here.

"Our internal system guys were excited that you sent this, it’s something they were looking for. I will let you know what happens. Thanks again, Lori"

tasminann
2009-07-23, 1:05pm
I had that same message show up for one of the vendors here on LE when I went to their site. I shut down the browser, did a spyware/virus scan. (Scan found nothing.)

Went back to their site -- no message, and haven't seen it since.

Marjo
2009-07-23, 1:11pm
I had that same message show up for one of the vendors here on LE when I went to their site. I shut down the browser, did a spyware/virus scan. (Scan found nothing.)

Went back to their site -- no message, and haven't seen it since.

Tried that and still got the same message...