Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Pendant book available for pre-order next week...

Cosmo
2009-07-28, 11:21am
We are finishing up my pendant book now. They will be available for pre-order next week. We just have to finalize the number of pages and then they will be available.

If anyone is interested, sign up for my newsletter at http://www.cosmoglassworks.com/newsletter.html

I will announce the pre-order there first (or you can take your chances and just keep checking my site :D). The pre-order will be limited to 50 copies. The book will be available for sale at the regular price once the book starts shipping. Looking at mid-August for them to start shipping.

beybey
2009-07-28, 1:10pm
I can't wait til this one is released. I just ordered one of your other books this morning.

Would you mind sharing what some of the pendants are that made the final cut?

Candace

Cosmo
2009-07-28, 1:35pm
I can't wait til this one is released. I just ordered one of your other books this morning.

Would you mind sharing what some of the pendants are that made the final cut?

Candace

We're still trying to decide, actually. I'm doing both a basic and an advanced book. The basic book is coming out first, with the advanced to follow in a couple months. We aren't sure which to put in which yet. Obviously we have a good idea for most of them, but there are a couple we're still on the fence about.

I'll post more info early next week...

beybey
2009-07-28, 1:57pm
Thanks, Cosmo.

Cosmo
2009-08-11, 6:49am
My new pendant book is available for pre-order.

http://www.cosmoglassworks.com/images/pendant-book-1-cover.jpg

Techniques covered in this book include:

* Frit pendants
* Implosion pendants
* Flower pendants
* Drop pendants
* Three ways to make loops
* And much more...

This book will ship in September, 2009. The book is pretty much done, but we still have to go back and finish editing it. This book is available in either printed or digital form. The digital version will be e-mailed to purchasers the same day the printed copies start shipping.

*Note... this may not be the actual finished cover. We haven't decided on the cover artwork yet...

Click here for more information. (http://www.cosmoglassworks.com/store/home.php?cat=3)

playswithfire104
2009-08-11, 9:35am
So you won't have them in time for Beadfest. :pout:

Cosmo
2009-08-11, 11:37am
So you won't have them in time for Beadfest. :pout:

Maybe. I'm going to try, but not going to promise anything...

cadia
2009-08-11, 12:05pm
Strictly boro? or can we boro impaired get some use of it too?

Cosmo
2009-08-11, 12:58pm
Strictly boro? or can we boro impaired get some use of it too?

I've done a lot of the designs in soft glass as well. I don't specifically cover soft glass in the book though. But, anyone familiar with soft glass should be able to do the techniques in soft glass as well. The only suggestion I'd add is to use a clear that is pretty stiff, and use larger diameter rods if you can find them.

gubnavnania
2009-08-11, 2:25pm
Thanks for making the tut in digital, Chad :D Just ordered 1 :D

playswithfire104
2009-08-12, 6:08am
Maybe. I'm going to try, but not going to promise anything...

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

gubnavnania
2009-09-27, 1:51am
Any update on the tutorial, Chad?

Cosmo
2009-09-27, 8:36am
It's done and will be going out Monday. I wanted to get them out this past week, but my father has been in the hospital since last Sunday, so I have been spending a lot of time up there.

gubnavnania
2009-09-27, 1:44pm
Sorry to hear about your Dad, Chad. I didn't know or I won't ask re tutorial :(

I hope he's okay now.

Ekkie
2009-09-28, 3:45pm
Just received my digital copy this morning. Thanks Chad. This is a great book. Very clear instructions and explanations and a really good intro to the tools and methods.

Jenn

gubnavnania
2009-09-28, 4:17pm
I received mine as well :D Thanks Chad.