Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : What is Fuming?

jaylee78
2005-07-06, 6:32pm
Ok, I allready feel stupid for asking, but what the heck is silver fuming? And of course, how do you do it? Any photos?

Jen

starlia
2005-07-06, 7:35pm
Fuming is when you heat a metal to the point of getting a metal vapor. You apply said metal vapor to a hot bead and get some really cool reactions. I don't have any photos or I would gladly show you.

Note: This is not without risks. Either have excellent ventillation or wear a mask rated for metal fumes. I wear the mask even though I have ventillation. Gold fuming will make you very sick if you aren't careful.

jaylee78
2005-07-07, 4:01pm
Fuming is when you heat a metal to the point of getting a metal vapor. You apply said metal vapor to a hot bead and get some really cool reactions. I don't have any photos or I would gladly show you.

Note: This is not without risks. Either have excellent ventillation or wear a mask rated for metal fumes. I wear the mask even though I have ventillation. Gold fuming will make you very sick if you aren't careful.

Thanks!

BillBrach
2005-07-07, 6:42pm
Fuming is when you are mad as hell and steam starts coming out of your ears :biggrin: