Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Minor problem??

Gardengirl
2006-02-11, 11:40am
I have had my minor for about 10 years, but it has only been used religiously for about 5. It's the only torch that I look at, so I never noticed this problem until yesterday when I visited my friend's brand new setup.
Her ports stick out of the top of the minor (just like in the pics of the new ones) - my ports seem so have slid down into the top of my torch. They haven't sunk below the edge of the port, but is this something I should be worrying about????
If I'm confusing , let me know and I'll take pics to explain!
Any information you could give me would be SO SO SO helpful!! Thanks :koolaid:

jazzcurls
2006-02-11, 11:43am
Hey Kristen...mine did that too.. I just loosened the clamp and pushed the ports back up...I don't know that it matters...but I was afraid of too much heat on the housing...torch still works the same...

Doolollies
2006-02-11, 12:01pm
Hey Kristen...mine did that too.. I just loosened the clamp and pushed the ports back up...I don't know that it matters...but I was afraid of too much heat on the housing...torch still works the same...

Yes... loosen it and push the ports back up. If the ports sink too far into the heat shield it will melt the heat shield.
Linda

Gardengirl
2006-02-12, 2:12pm
Great!! Thanks Linda and Patti. I was worried there was something really wrong with it. After I realized that had happened I was worried about the housing melting.
I'll do that right after I get done with my studio re-organization today.... ugh...
really, it's just moving piles from one place to the other...lol :)