Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : No More Candy..........on the bottom of the box!

mikefrantz
2009-09-27, 1:52pm
Not Really, but I just returned from shopping and decided to make a executive decision and try a little experiment.

In the past you would find candy at the bottom of your box hidden among the packing peanuts (starch ones of course!). Maybe it is a treasure hunt? Candy Treasure Hunts may be fun, but they also help you find that small tool or package of gold leaf that is hiding from you on the bottom of the box and while you are searching for the candy.....sometimes the missing item shows up.

Every now and then a customer does call us and tells us that way back earlier in the year we forgot to include an item and we would reship it and then one day while they are reusing the peanuts they find the missing item and call us up asking for us to charge them for the missing item and even the shipping.

For the first ONE HUNDRED orders that get packed this week, I have decided to not toss the candy into the box and make you hunt around to find it.

I instead have taken a scoop of the hard candy along with a tootsie roll pop (generic probably) with a few pieces of chocolate and put them into a sandwich baggy. Perhaps it will find its way to the bottom of the box, but this time your candy treasure will be in a bag and once you have recovered the bag.....you will know you have it all. The only thing we ever ask is if an item can not be found, dump your box on the carpet, curse the peanuts and locate the missing item. While it is true that we can miss an item once-in-a-while, sometimes it is just hiding among the peanuts.

For those of you who get this FIRST 100 CANDY PACKS, let me know if you like it this way or do you rather hunt for the candy on the bottom of the box.

Now I got to get back to more important work like figuring out what our sale will be for next week.

Thanks for your support, you are the greatest!!!!!!!

Mikey

jamie lynne
2009-09-27, 2:09pm
Aww. My kids will be bummed. They so love the peanut flingin candy hunts that happen when I get my shipments.

Natsprat
2009-09-27, 2:40pm
Oh Mike,

My three girls excitedly run out and ask me whenever I have a glass order if it is the one with the lollies (what we call candy here in Australia) and the little buggers nearly cry if I have to say no........... Talk about pressure to buy from Frantz!!!!!!

I will probably empty the contents of the baggie into the packing peanuts for them to have their fun, but I am sure lots of the lampworkers out there will appreciate the ease of finding the yummy stuff... not just the yummy glass!

Thanks for making glass ordering even more fun.

Nat :-)

ps. I have twin 7yr olds and a grand old lady of 12 who thinks hardly anything is exciting..... but the glass box with the sweets!

houptdavid
2009-09-27, 3:11pm
:lol: at Mikey

Cassie
2009-09-27, 4:50pm
I've had that happen where I thought an item didn't get shipped and it had settled at the bottom with the candy. Guess people aren't the only ones out there that wanna be around candy! :D

lampworker1
2009-09-27, 5:11pm
I loved it when I found the candy at the bottom of the box.

donia
2009-09-27, 5:20pm
My UPS guy likes the root beer smell. He asked if I minded explaining why the box smelled of root beer. :wink:

Inky
2009-09-27, 5:21pm
I like finding the stuff (candy) loose!

mikefrantz
2009-09-27, 5:52pm
I like finding the stuff (candy) loose!

Perhaps I should start a poll? That would be my challenge for the year!

mikey

Dasi
2009-09-27, 6:43pm
Last time I ordered 40 pounds and did not get any candy. I figured you stopped packing it. I dumped the box in the middle of the living room but still no candy... You owe me double candy on the next order... now that I know you are still doing it... The order was packed perfectly though!

Shrimp
2009-09-27, 6:55pm
Dang, I better go out in the garage and dump my peanuts out to find my candy! I didn't find any in my order, but I wasn't looking for any.

eross
2009-09-27, 7:08pm
Keep the candy, I don't eat it anyway and I always dump the peanuts into another box, and check my order carefully.

Liz

mikefrantz
2009-09-27, 7:09pm
127 baggies of candy should be enough for Monday and Tuesday. So after looking all over (with blinders on) I saw nothing about doing a poll.

It would be nice to have a poll that was something like this:

( ) No Candy in my boxes
( ) Candy in the bottom of the box
( ) Candy in the baggy

It seems that the Candy hunt is as important as the candy eating. When it comes to little children, watching them toss the peanuts in the air looking for the candy is maybe where it is at?

Well, I am done for the day.
I did not come up with a sale for next week.
But I am sure I will.

Now If I Just Could Get My Hands on Another Twenty Pounds of
DH Frantz Juggernaut, wow that would be a nice find in place of candy!
Or in addition to the candy.

Mikey

NLC Beads
2009-09-27, 7:14pm
The candy's a bonus, but I always scraggle around in the bottom of the box to make sure I've found everything anyway. I'm ok with whichever way keeps your packing moving easier to get glass to me, alllllll the way here from there. ;)

mikefrantz
2009-09-27, 7:26pm
I notice when they are tossing candy into the boxes, sometimes it is done by a person with big hands and other times it is done by people with little hands and the smaller the hand, the less candy.

I made up 140 bags, and my hands are just right and with a bit of chocolate from France (not frantz) you get a good amount.

To be 100% candy efficient the bags work better, I do not want to be a candy controlling freak! I just want to be your candyman, cause the candyman can!

Yea yea yea

Mikey

Shrimp
2009-09-27, 9:41pm
French chocolate! Does that come with a 50% sale on CiM, Vetrofond, Effetre and Lauscha? Oh heck, make it all glass!

The candy, I can take it or leave it. Now if you got down and made some killer brownies, that would be way cool. It never fails, whenever someone puts those darned dum-dum suckers in the boxes, like a dum-dum, I unwrap the dang thing, plop it in my mouth and eventually cut the roof of my mouth as the candy melts down. I swear, I never learn my lesson!](*,)

angelique_redhead
2009-09-27, 9:49pm
MU likes it when we get candy in the bottom of the box. It's like a treasure hunt to her. She's always excited when we get glass too. :love: Angelique

HelenC
2009-09-27, 11:53pm
I didn't get candy in my last 2 boxes :(

And that makes it tricky, I get my glass delivered to work (so DH doesn't see how much I get :badgrin:) and then I give the candy to my boss so he doesn't complain when I unpack and fondle my new glass.

So baggie or loose I don't mind as long as there are a few bit's to distract the boss.

helen

tnehlers
2009-09-28, 5:48am
It doesn't really matter to me because I haven't gotten candy in any of my orders this year. :(

granny
2009-09-28, 7:02am
It doesn't really matter to me because I haven't gotten candy in any of my orders this year. :(

I hardly ever get candy either, thought it was because my orders were always so small:sad:

granny

tnehlers
2009-09-28, 7:38am
I hardly ever get candy either, thought it was because my orders were always so small:sad:

granny

Mine aren't small, so obviously in this case size doesn't matter!

swamper
2009-09-28, 8:23am
Love the candy - no matter how you package it - HATE the peanuts - I know the starch ones are ever so much "greener" than say bubble wrap - but the darn things jump out of the box and once the cats get hold of them, I may find them years later while cleaing out from under the fridge. Darn cats!

Truewealth
2009-09-28, 9:52am
I've ordered a few times from frantz...no candy here either....not that I really need it!

Shrimp
2009-09-28, 12:12pm
Ok kids, I thought that there was some sort of elite group that was privy only to Mikes treasures. To be sure that wasn't the case, I retrieved my box from the recycle bin, emptied it out in another box and found these wonderful goodies! On your next order, you too could be the lucky recipient of:

1 license plate bracket
3 fruit jewels hard candies
3 peppermint pin wheel hard candies
1 short piece of ivory glass
1 mini sample of persimmon coral (?)
1 chip of persimmon coral
1 copper toned "spent" staple
1 broken zip tie
and folks, this is the best part..........
a 6 month supply of cellulose, denture adhesive peanuts!:mrgreen:
Yes you heard right folks. Just pop one of these peanuts between yer denture plate and the roof of yer mouth and those babies aren't gonna go anywhere!

All kidding aside, I'm glad that you mentioned the candy, because I never would have looked! I luv, luv those fruit candies,AND MORE THAN THE CANDY, I LUV GLASS SAMPLES!!!!!

SuzyQ
2009-09-28, 12:19pm
I love the loose candy. I don't know why, it's just become your signature and something I look forward to in addition to the glass. My daughter loves searching through the peanuts to see if I missed any. It's just plain fun, and it reminds me of you Mike. So please, keep throwing the candy in and if you can, make it be the big handed people :D

Kaye
2009-09-28, 12:31pm
I never knew there was candy all these years until I read about it. We never dumped all the darn peanuts out to find it, just felt for big items and pulled them out of the huge boxes that usually ship to us...since we usually bought mass amts of glass each time...the boxes were huge (Mike, UPS man ALWAYS said, they should box these in TWO boxes, it would cost you half in shipping)

purplelilyone
2009-09-28, 12:36pm
I have to say my children are the ones that usually get the box from the "ups man" and when they see it is from you, they open it to look for the candy and tell me about the glass later, lol. But the last 3 or 4 orders I haven't received any candy and the kiddies were bummed. Needless to say now I have to stop what I'm doing to get the boxes from the "ups man". hehehe

debkauz
2009-09-29, 1:40pm
I set a box outside this spring because I didn't want the cats to get the peanuts all over. My friendly neighborhood raccoons went through it instead, scattering peanuts all over and leaving candy wrappers on the deck. So Mike, even the critters like the candy in the box. LOL

klcbeads
2009-09-29, 2:43pm
Love the loose candy! Love the root beer!!!

mikefrantz
2009-09-29, 3:24pm
You have spoken
I hear what you say
You want your candy
And you want it your way

Handfuls of candy
Tossed to the bottom of the box
Root Beer Barrels
You like them allot

Mikey

SuzyQ
2009-09-29, 3:34pm
I like the cinnamon
all through my box
So use those big hands
and keep it hot!

Elegance_1
2009-09-30, 11:09am
On the top of my invoices in capital letters it say "NO CANDY..." but I get it anyway. Not a biggie; it goes in the candy jar for when we have company or my kids and grandkids come to visit. :)

So.... those that wanted candy and didn't get it, it went in my box and you are welcome to come over (please!!) and get your candy. While you're here, might as well head to the shop and play with my torches and glass. :)

echeveria
2009-09-30, 11:10am
I like the cinnamon
all through my box
So use those big hands
and keep it hot!

You're making me blush!!

SuzyQ
2009-09-30, 3:12pm
lol, I didn't really mean for it to be so in the gutter. But reading it that way, well,..... I'm blushing too. I just wanted a huge handful of cinnamon candy next time :)

gallerygal
2009-10-01, 1:06am
I didn't get any lollies in my last order either, but I figured that's because it was when there was reduced shipping.

Funny story, I received one of my orders and it had huge AQIS stickers (Australian Quarantine Services) plastered all over it telling me they'd opened the box.

I was scratching my head wondering what the heck I'd ordered - no wooden handled tools, no meat, no dairy, no eggs, no nuts, vegies or fruit, no used bedding (yeah, we can't import used bedding - go figure), etc., etc.

It wasn't until I unpacked everything and found some fruit-flavoured lollies!! Those little sniffer dogs must have got all excited and set off Quarantine alarm bells!

Anyway as far as lollies in my order, my son loves digging around looking for them & there's usually a trail of peanuts leading from my workshop to the bin as he works his way through the box.

Marianne.

granny
2009-10-02, 5:03pm
WOO HOO!!
I got a big baggie full of candy, with my little bitty order!!!

granny

tenor_ringer
2009-10-02, 8:48pm
I guess I'm just a big kid. I love mining for candies among the peanuts. It's almost as much fun as getting whatever we ordered!

Thanks Mike!!

mikefrantz
2009-10-02, 9:00pm
I guess I'm just a big kid. I love mining for candies among the peanuts. It's almost as much fun as getting whatever we ordered!

Thanks Mike!!

One day you might need to fill out another section on our shopping cart such as:

( ) No Candy....thankyou
( ) Candy in baggy
( ) Candy not in baggy, please toss freely to bottom of box
( ) Extra Candy Please
( ) More Root Beer Barrels please

Mike

tenor_ringer
2009-10-02, 9:05pm
Can I choose the last three?

Shrimp
2009-10-02, 9:11pm
( ) No Candy....thankyou
( ) Candy in baggy
( ) Extra Candy Please
(*) Surprise sample baggie!

uneverknow
2009-10-03, 8:57pm
I got my order a couple of days ago. I finally got to open it up today. Big time fun. I got one of the baggies. My vote is for candy not in the baggy, please toss freely to bottom of box, and more Root Beer Barrels please. I'd also go for the "Surprise Sample Baggie.

Theresa

Puddy Tat Glass
2009-10-03, 11:02pm
I vote for ...

( ) No Candy....thankyou
(*) Candy in baggy
(*) Candy not in baggy, please toss freely to bottom of box
(*) Extra Candy Please
(*) More Root Beer Barrels please
(*) Surprise sample baggie!

houptdavid
2009-10-03, 11:42pm
No glass on order
no candy for me
wish work would pick up
Then I could order from Mikey

sansan239s
2009-10-04, 2:56pm
OMG Mike...... I was using my "Frantz" order box to ship some glass to a friend this morning and when I took the peanuts out, low-and-behold......CANDY!! I thought, WOW...... what a neat little jesture and now I just saw this post and it all makes sense now. Well, I'm gunna have to order some more glass this week just so I can get more goodies..... heehee What great customer service. THANKS Sandy :0)

Vicki B.
2009-10-04, 3:17pm
I just found this thread. I'm such a sugar freak that I always hunt for the candy, but the baggie was terrific because A. It was MORE and B. It had real chocolate and my fav Tootsie pop - chocolate! (ate it right away) I would buy those by the gross if I could get all chocolate ones!

But I've also enjoyed other gifties a lot over the years - like the samples of Bucket O Mud!

Great customer service - THANKS!

CherieRanfranz
2009-10-04, 4:18pm
I'm a newbie and got my first order last week and there was CANDY!!! I was super excited - for the glass, of course, but the candy was very nice too!!! Thank you very much!

Shrimp
2009-10-04, 5:46pm
( ) No Candy....thankyou
( ) Candy in baggy
( ) Extra Candy Please
( ) Surprise sample baggie!
( ) Applets (those little jelly candies made in Washington) =P~
( ) Oysters :lol:
( ) Terra (older version) =D>
( ) A single man [-o<

DPete1104
2009-10-05, 7:59pm
lol...I was sitting in another artist's studio when the manager stopped in and gave me my Frantz Glass box. Of course I had to open it immediately...I pulled out the glass then started rooting around in the peanuts, looking for goodies...then I decided to do it the easy way and poured all the peanuts out onto the top of the table...much to the amusement of Jean who had thought I'd gone just a lil bit crazy until she saw all the goodies...

and I'd love to get lil samples of stuff too....

SuzyQ
2009-10-07, 4:02am
Oh. My. Gosh. I got a box from Frantz yesterday and ..... I got a baggie! :D

yeepers
2009-10-07, 7:07am
Got my shipment and got a baggie. I like this :)

blr2449
2009-10-07, 5:44pm
Got my box and baggie yesterday! Dropped the baggie in my briefcase before school last night. But took time to eat the chocolate first. :-D

Thanks, Mike!!

GinnyHampton
2009-10-08, 6:48am

Me too!! The candy baggie rules . . . especially when I saw there was a square of Dove chocolate in it. NOM NOM :lol:

houptdavid
2009-10-08, 1:13pm

:lol: With the pot threads in the bathroom this just cracked me up

ThatFritGirl
2009-10-09, 10:05am
:lol: With the pot threads in the bathroom this just cracked me up

ROFL!!!! Maybe we could specify a baggie of what, depending on what sort of day we had......:poke:

Diane (clarus)
2009-10-17, 9:50am
I got my order yesterday, and my daughter was as excited to go through the peanuts to find the candy as I was to get my glass! She asked me when I was going to order more glass, and I told her if she'd relinquish her allowance account to me I'd be happy to place another order!

I like the idea of including little "surprise" bags of glass. Shorts that give us a taste of something on which we may want to spend more money.....

BTW, loved the "Dinner with Mikey"! I won't get to the torch again until Tuesday, but was delighted to open the package and see how it was presented.

-Diane

Kalera
2009-10-17, 10:04am
Business seems to be picking up, maybe soon I can place an order and get some candy! And glass. :)

Nitadee
2009-10-18, 6:21pm
I LOVE the candy, I think baggies of them would be nice ;-)
But then again, I love my license plate frame!
So thanks for the great and appreciated service from all of your workers!
Nita
p.s. now I'm craving chocolate....drats!