Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Bead Fest PhillyPA October '06 in jeopardy?

JanMD
2006-02-14, 7:46am
This just in:

Dear Bead Fest Philadelphia Exhibitor:

We have just been informed by the management of the Fort Washington Expo Center that the center has been purchased by a property management company with plans to develop it into an office park. They have advised us that they will stop hosting all events at the facility as of this July 2006.

As you know, this will affect Bead Fest Philadelphia, which is scheduled at the Expo Center this October 4th through the 8th. We are obviously upset over this news and the timing of it, but we knew you would want to know about it immediately.

Please be advised that we are currently having discussions with several alternative facilities in the Philadelphia region that can support an event the size of Bead Fest Philadelphia and have the same dates available. We are concentrating on venues that can offer both an efficient working relationship with you - our exhibitors, and a pleasant, easy-to-find facility for Bead Fest attendees and students.

We will let you know shortly about the outcome of these discussions and the new location for Bead Fest Philadelphia so you can plan accordingly.

Please note that this development does not affect Jewelry Arts Expo, which will still be held at the Fort Washington Expo Center this April 21-23.

Thank you for your attention and patience in this matter.

Sincerely,

Joseph Breck
Events Manager

Lapidary Journal / Step by Step Beads / Step by Step Wire Jewelry 300 Chesterfield Parkway, Suite 100, Malvern, PA 19355 / 610-232-5701

Cosmo
2006-02-14, 8:57am
Yeah. I got one too. I talked on the phone with someone from Lapidary Journal and they said they have a few places as options but aren't sure if they are available for the dates they want. So, it looks like it will probably happen, but may have different dates. That's all she could tell me.

lbjvg
2006-02-14, 10:16am
I didn't like the Fort Washington Expo Center much anyway. Credit card payment was a problem and the food court was too small. I would not mind a better venue.

JanMD
2006-02-17, 8:08am
It would be nice if the date changed, because 2006 Oct. 7-8 is the same weekend as the Northern Virginia Bead Society Annual Bead Bazaar. That's one of the three big annnal bazaars here in the DC metro region and fairly lucrative for vendors. It would have been a shame if vendors had to chose between them. But if PhillyPA would move to another weekend.....

JanMD