Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Jon's Glass Shack - please get back with me on my backorder!

Byrdbeads
2009-10-11, 2:36am
Have tried to email you , PM you, Call you and your unreachable. Have not recieved any reply and is approaching a month since I have ordered. Have left phone message too. Your store says you have 9 of the mandrels I ordered in stock and I paid for them but never recieved them. The invoice was hand written on it that they were backordered till the following Monday and many mondays have passed since then and as long as it is taking I could have driven the 3 hr round trip and just bought some welding rod and made them myself and at this point i dont need them anymore since my big show of the year is this Saturday comming up. Really frustrated that you have not let me know what the status is since you have been posting here. Have even tried posting to please check your PM's but that didnt work either. A simple reply to just one of my contacts would have been good customer service but when repeated attempts are made and a business has not made one attempt to reply it gets extremely frustrating.

greyfeather
2009-10-11, 8:32pm
Jon, I am also waiting on my bead release I ordered Aug. 22

Sheryl

jonsglassshack
2009-10-13, 9:17am
Thank you, I have emailed the both of you back.

Jon

Byrdbeads
2009-10-15, 11:43pm
Just emailed you re: backordered mandrels, please check your emails.

Byrdbeads
2009-10-18, 6:13am
Still havnt recieved a reply to my request to refund for the mandrels. They are still not here and I no longer want them after more than a 1 MONTH wait. Have tried emailing you several times privately but sems here is the only place you will answer.........whats up with that??

Wendyki
2009-10-18, 11:23am
I just want to pop in here and Say I have never had anything but above and beyond service from Jon he has always gone the extra mile for me to get me what I needed. Even overnighting something when I really needed it.

Carols Glass
2009-10-18, 12:25pm
and yet.......

there is nothing more frustrating than being ignored when you have ordered something from someone or if you simply want a refund.

Yvon
2009-10-18, 1:30pm
Jon, sent a PM and email regarding an order. Thanks.

Yvonne

Byrdbeads
2009-10-20, 10:41pm
Thank You , refund recieved.

demcc2
2009-10-21, 4:11am
I'm seconding Wendy's comments. I've never had any sort of problem with any of my orders either. When I've had a question, I've called and received an answer. When I emailed him and didn't receive a quick response I checked my spam folder and the response was there.

Duane

Carols Glass
2009-10-21, 12:44pm
Thank You , refund recieved.

that is wonderful news!

Yvon
2009-10-23, 9:34am
Jon, still waiting for word on the book. Sent email. Thanks.

Isla
2009-10-26, 8:00pm
Hi, hopefully Jon from the Glass Shack will get this post and respond as I have also had no luck emailing him.

Jon - I am wondering if you can give me a delivery date as my friend and I both really need the glass we ordered from you. I paid for the glass on Sept 20th and as far as I know it's not yet in the post. We both need the rods for work due to galleries before christmas and with money tied up with you we can't afford to buy the glass from another supplier.

I'm really sorry, but if it's not going to arrive in the next few weeks I will have to ask for our money back.

If you could email me back at: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. or phone me in New Zealand on 0064 9 378 4747 (I think we are 8hrs ahead of you) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Isla

Anastasia
2009-11-15, 2:04am
and yet.......

there is nothing more frustrating than being ignored when you have ordered something from someone or if you simply want a refund.

Exactly!

Yikes...another thread...

Angie09
2009-11-15, 5:21am
Thank you, I have emailed the both of you back.

Jon

Jon,

If you emailed ME ... I did NOT receive it!! And I checked my spam folder ... nothing from you. Plus you have my phone number, you could call!

You have ignored my last 4 emails but it looks like you are getting to other people who are having problems reaching you .... how about ME!!! You have promised several times to either pay me or send the glass I ordered ... then silence!! This is no way to do business!!!!

Angie09
2009-11-15, 5:33am
I just want to pop in here and Say I have never had anything but above and beyond service from Jon he has always gone the extra mile for me to get me what I needed. Even overnighting something when I really needed it.

Just curious Wendy, was this great service when he was lbsupplys? Or has it been since he started the new business?

The reason I ask is I heard rave reviews about the service at lbsupplys and even ordered from them before the marriage split. Everything worked fine. But now that it is Jons Glass Shack and I agreed to do a trade for $200.00 worth of glass and finished his project well over 2 MONTHS ago .... I've had nothing but problems getting him to respond. He has promised several times to either just pay me or send the glass but then silence (this silence happened once before so this is my second time of trying to get him to make good on our deal).

The funny part is I NEVER do trades and always am paid before ever putting something up on the web ... but he came so highly recommended by a lampworker I really respect I went against my normal business practices and did the work never expecting to find myself here on LE having to air this in public!!! But I saw that he responded to some other complaints last month once they posted on LE so here I am!! And I will continue until he makes good on our business arrangement!

Anastasia
2009-11-16, 1:15am
Hi there!

Just got off the phone with Paypal. Everybody who paid with Paypal...even if the 45 day time period is over, you can still file a complaint. They will tell you it doesnīt qualify and will close the case right away, but it is still in the files...and if there are a certain number of complaints, they might eventually still take action....thatīs what they told me.

Best would of course be, Jon, if you would just return to the excellent level of customer service that had been maintained at lbsupplys...and just make things right....

Anastasia

Angie09
2009-11-16, 4:52am
Way to go Anastasia ... if everyone that Jon owes money or product to contacts Paypal and files a complaint, Paypal will certainly take his right to use their service away. If he is threatened with this, he will only have 2 choices ... make it right with those he owes or close his shop! I'd love to tell you he would just automatically make things right but I am totally amazed he is doing this in the first place. He had such a stellar reputation with LE users ... a total mystery.

So if you are in this nightmare with Anastasia and I ... I am so sorry it is happening to you!! If you are not ... stay clear of Jon's Glass Shack!!! Certainly until there is some resolution to the many problems out there!!!

By the way, I have been forwarding all the posts to Jon's email account just in case he hasn't been keeping up on the LE posts ... so you can be sure he is aware of what is going on and is CHOOSING not to respond!!!

Angie

krisdaka
2009-11-16, 5:04am
Maybe he can't respond? I'm in no way defending Jon, but Angie09 said it's a total mystery. So not like Jon at all, maybe something is truly wrong.
I think persuing (sp) paypal is a good idea getting your money back is your right, if he can't make good on this business, but maybe he just can't respond to anything.

Angie09
2009-11-16, 5:34am
Well, there is a post in another thread from someone that was dealing with him just last week to place an order PLUS he sent out fliers for a sale!!! So, nice thought that maybe he can't respond ... but he is CHOOSING not to respond!! (I thought the same thing the first couple of times ... over 2 months ago ... when he didn't answer my emails but not any more!!

He is truly playing a game that is going to ruin his new business. You can't do what he is doing and stay in business!!!

Angie

Deb Hopeful Journeys
2009-11-16, 7:56am
FYI, for the fun of it I clicked on the banner ad on LE. This is what showed up.

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Byrdbeads
2009-11-16, 12:15pm
Well this just really stinks, I just emailed ilsa to see if there are any colors I can help her out on but is prob too late for it to get there in time to help her out being in New Ze. I also wanted to say that the people that posted above in support of Jon that I really didnt appreciate that. Im sure there are some people that are treated like royalty and get perks but im not one of them and neither (evidently) are the others that are having a problem and to post support in my thread pissed me off. I wonder how many people went ahead and ordered after your support post that are now being ignored and out the money. Start your own thread if you support what he is doing, not in my complaint thread cause it isnt a single incident and I had to really go against my heart to even post even tho I didnt know him and I felt BAD for HIM that i was having an issue. I am used to waiting for my orders to be shipped out last esp with sales but that is just how it is. But then to be ignored and then to feal like i was chastised)sp?) for posting to please get back with me just added to the crapped on fealing I already had. So now look at what is going on....... I dont understand why his banner is still even being shown here till he resolved all issues. Oh... I got the sale email too and had to laugh till i realized how many people are still left stranded about the whole issue.. Just makes me so sad for them.

Robyn

Angie09
2009-11-16, 2:51pm
Hi Robyn.

My "guess" is Jons supporters are remembering the great service they got from lbsupplys when Jon worked with his wife. It's clearly evident who the business person was in that family!! Jons had his new biz for what...maybe 3 months and already in trouble!!!

I know exactly how you feel and it annoys me to have to spend my time complaining about him here on LE but I have not quite figured out what all I can do next. .... But I'm checking a few other legal avenues (my brother is an attorney on the west coast).

So I recommend you keep posting if for no other reason than to hopefully some other lampworker the heartache of losing money!!! Sure wish I had known he was a flake.

I've asked before but will ask again... Have any of you that think so highly of Jons Glass Shack actually ordered from him in the last month or two????

Angie

jamie lynne
2009-11-16, 3:39pm
I just ordered from him a month ago, and I got my order within days... Funny enough though that I purchased it directly from him on LE not thru his website. It was a bunch of coral that he had listed here that he didn't know how to list on his store and he ended up just selling it to whoever messaged him here. It was the first time I ordered from him, and sadly probably the last due to the threads floating around... sounds like I might have just been lucky to get mine in a timely manner. Sorry you guys are going thru this. I hope it gets resolved soon.

playswithfire104
2009-11-17, 8:25pm
I got an e-mail from Jon today. I don't know if you all have this info or not but I felt I should pass it on.

I do have new info for you if you need to get ahold of me for anything.
phone number is 541-733-4007
email address is To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angie09
2009-11-17, 8:33pm
Thanks for the info but this is the same number and email I've used several times without success. He's just chosen to not communicate.

Angie09
2009-11-18, 6:19am
I got an e-mail from Jon today. I don't know if you all have this info or not but I felt I should pass it on.

I do have new info for you if you need to get ahold of me for anything.
phone number is 541-733-4007
email address is To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey Nancy

Would you mind telling us what Jon had to say in the email you received? Did he even address those of us he has stolen from and ignored?

You aren't actually going to give this man money in hopes of getting product I hope. If it were just me, maybe you could ignore the fact that he is intentionally ignoring me but there are LOTS of people in these threads that have lost their hard earned money.

Come on Nancy....tell us what he said.

playswithfire104
2009-11-18, 11:13am
No Angie! I just looked and I must have deleted it, but it was just the usual e-mail announcing his sales. I was gonna copy and paste it. He doesn't owe me anything as I haven't ordered from him since the changeover. It wasn't a personal e-mail just the regular sale newsletter type thing.

ROC
2009-11-18, 3:37pm
FWIW, I sent him a reply to his email letting him know he might want to be aware of the threads here related to him.

Angie09
2009-11-18, 3:43pm
Thanks Rachael ... The more people he finds out are aware of this terrible service the better!! It is certainly appreciated by me!

Angie

Angie09
2009-11-21, 4:24pm
OK KIDS, HERE'S THE LATEST ON JON'S GLASS SHACK!!!

As you all know by now, Jon owes me $212.50 for design work for almost 3 months now. I decided to give it one more shot last night and so I emailed him an invoice saying it is way past due and that all the negative comments on LE are costing him more than the $212.50 he owes me so why doesn't he just pay me. So here is the story:

Paypal has frozen his account due to the monies he owes Isla and that will take 4-6 days for them to unfreeze. He does not own a credit card (I reminded him that I take any and all credit cards!) so he cannot pay me that way. His idea is to pay me in 4 weekly payments once Paypal unfrozen. (yeah, right!)

This from a man who told me WEEKS AGO that he had ordered the boro he was using as a trade!!! He never did this!! He also told me he would pay me WEEKS AGO!! Obviously he never did it!

And yet his website is still up and I assume taking orders. There is definitely something fraudulent in this. So he is alive and well taking peoples money and definitely not giving refunds (without Paypal intervention) or paying those he owes.

And, please ... if you wish to continue to keep ordering from this dead beat ... KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! It only makes you look stupid to go against what is very obvious ... this guy's gonna be out of business real soon!!!

Angie09
2009-11-27, 5:44am
If you are thinking about ordering from Jon's Glass Shack on this Black Friday .... BEWARE!!! On his website since Monday was a note that he is getting his computer fixed so he can't communicate with anyone until he gets it back....now that's funny...he isn't communicating with anyone anyway! But it looks as though his site is still able to take orders and YOUR MONEY!!! Needless to say this just isn't right.

As far as I know, no one has gotten the refund they deserve or the products that have been on order for 4 months. I got emails from him over a week ago saying his Paypal account was frozen (because of another refund he owed that he did not pay) and he would pay me when it was unfrozen in 4 - 6 days. Well it's now 4 -6 days and of course I haven't heard from him....wonder if that's because his computer hard drive is in the shop.

If you are even CONSIDERING ordering from him .... do your self a BIG favor and read all the threads. I am not the only one out here with a BIG issue with Jon's Glass Shack!!!