Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Servers OK at Frantz

mikefrantz
2009-11-16, 6:07pm
Really hard day Monday at Frantz, but it all started on Sunday when I decided to do a back up and there was a message telling me I needed to do a update. Well I should have just ignored the message, ignored the backup and wait til Monday....well I could not do that so I clicked the upgrade and the next thing I know is on Monday the server is down. We call the repair guy, thinking all he has to do is push a button, restart and wham bam thank you mam! Was I ever wrong. Our server is 7 years old and two weeks ago we placed an order for ten new computers and new servers, but because we may change accounting software we could not order the servers. If we stick with what software we have now, we just need one server, if we change to another software, we need three servers. So I ordered the ten computers and put a hold on the servers.

I guess I am lucky that we are only charged $65 per hour because it took 8 hours of time for the fix and about two or more hours of another person, so it cost us around $700 for the fix. It seems that it was not me doing the upgrade that caused the problem, it was a 7 year old server and if they had not been able to fix the server, we would have had to take one of the new computers and turn it into a temp. server and then we would have been down for another 8 hours.

Since our server was down, we processed no orders, we had no access to UPS, basically come to a stop. We had already made plans to hand write invoices and take all the packages to the UPS store and do it the old way, long ago when there were no computers to run a business. But I feel so happy that our computers are up and running and Tuesday will be a very busy day at Frantz.

With nothing much to do the guys unpacked the last of our shipment from Italy and we needed to do that so bad.

I do feel relaxed and need to calm down now.................

Boy, when a computer system crashes, you realize how much we depend on them.

We are good to go!

Mikey

DPete1104
2009-11-16, 6:19pm
you must have had a bad day on Friday, too...my box got delivered today and there wasn't any candy in it...*cries*

mikefrantz
2009-11-16, 7:02pm
you must have had a bad day on Friday, too...my box got delivered today and there wasn't any candy in it...*cries*

:sad:

You are 100% correct......we ran out of candy!!!!!!

So on Sunday I went to my secret candy store and instead of buying 56 pounds of candy, I bought 150 pounds of candy and starting on Tuesday "CANDY MAN DELIVERS"!!!!!!

I do apologize for the missing candy, but I have some questions:

1. Did you get everything you ordered?
2. Did the package arrive within a reason time after your order?
3. When you opened the box..was everything on the invoice in the box?
4. When you opened the box...I can assume there was no damage?
5. When you looked at the invoice, did the price for shipping seem ok?
6. Do you feel you get value for the money you spent?
7. Did you find candy at the bottom of your box?

We need SIX (6) yes and no more than ONE (1) no, or we have not done our job.

Thanks

Mike

DPete1104
2009-11-16, 7:14pm
1. Did you get everything you ordered? not really...I got an email last Thursday telling me that the Effetre Copper Red Green Premium (Conical) was sold out...but I just looked and it's still showing as available and *on sale* on the site...*smile*

2. Did the package arrive within a reason time after your order? CHECK

3. When you opened the box..was everything on the invoice in the box? CHECK, and I even found it on the top of the peanuts rather than at the bottom...or could that have been because last time I opened the wrong end....

4. When you opened the box...I can assume there was no damage? CHECK tho the box looked like it had been thru hell...

5. When you looked at the invoice, did the price for shipping seem ok? CHECK especially after I had tried to ship a 3 pound box to Arizona via Priority Mail and the USPS tried to charge me $28 just because the box was bigger than a shoebox...

6. Do you feel you get value for the money you spent? CHECK...I needed that marble mold and it was a damned fine price

7. Did you find candy at the bottom of your box? ...uh...NO..and I made a huge mess on the table when I poured all the peanuts out in desperate search of even one morsel of sugary goodness...

So 5.5 out of 7...but I still love ya, Mikey...and all your minions too

Imaglassgal
2009-11-16, 7:23pm
Mike, I feel your pain. Just had to replace my server. Painful. Particularly on the pocketbook. You are getting a steal on support. I love/hate my computers.

mikefrantz
2009-11-16, 7:31pm
1. Did you get everything you ordered? not really...I got an email last Thursday telling me that the Effetre Copper Red Green Premium (Conical) was sold out...but I just looked and it's still showing as available and *on sale* on the site...*smile*

2. Did the package arrive within a reason time after your order? CHECK

3. When you opened the box..was everything on the invoice in the box? CHECK, and I even found it on the top of the peanuts rather than at the bottom...or could that have been because last time I opened the wrong end....

4. When you opened the box...I can assume there was no damage? CHECK tho the box looked like it had been thru hell...

5. When you looked at the invoice, did the price for shipping seem ok? CHECK especially after I had tried to ship a 3 pound box to Arizona via Priority Mail and the USPS tried to charge me $28 just because the box was bigger than a shoebox...

6. Do you feel you get value for the money you spent? CHECK...I needed that marble mold and it was a damned fine price

7. Did you find candy at the bottom of your box? ...uh...NO..and I made a huge mess on the table when I poured all the peanuts out in desperate search of even one morsel of sugary goodness...

So 5.5 out of 7...but I still love ya, Mikey...and all your minions too

Well, we have not had any red copper green, but our next shipment which should arrive around 1/15/10 is supposed to have red copper green, according to Effetre and there is 240 pounds, enough for everyone!

Happy Customers = Returning Customers

Now if you really need some red copper green there is this vendor on the east coast................never mind!!!!!

Mike

tnehlers
2009-11-16, 7:35pm
Well, we have not had any red copper green, but our next shipment which should arrive around 1/15/10 is supposed to have red copper green, according to Effetre and there is 240 pounds, enough for everyone!

Oh, thank you!!! I really really need a pound!! It is my new favorite color!

dicrodi
2009-11-16, 8:26pm
Mike: Got my package looking like it had been drop kicked from hell. Rods all under the peanuts, probably from being drop kicked by our fav.UPS-I used to own a flat glass business and I swear anything that came UPS and was marked fragile they dropped off a building first. No Candy , however the glass looks unbroken -will check when I remove the plastic, show today and tomorrow. Great packing job to have survived . Fast service thanks Mike, hope you can relax after the server nightmare.

Elegance_1
2009-11-17, 7:03am
My glass came last week and it was perfect! I also got candy in my box but..... there is a note on top of the page in all capital letters that says "NO CANDY". I put it in the candy jar for when the kids visit but it usually goes bad before they come to visit and gets thrown out.

JV
2009-11-17, 11:30pm
My glass came today, The box was fine, the glass was fine, and it was all there, the shipping was fine, it came fast, the invoice matched, but...........there was a notice about no candy, and not a piece in the box. 6 out of 7. Hope the candy shows up in the next box, 'cause I placed another order.
Thanks Mike for being a great business to do business with.

tnehlers
2009-11-20, 5:09pm

You should email them - I just ordered some and was told that it IS in stock. This happened to me with the road map milli - I got an email saying it was out of stock, but come to find out it was just not in the computer.

mikefrantz
2009-11-20, 6:55pm
You should email them - I just ordered some and was told that it IS in stock. This happened to me with the road map milli - I got an email saying it was out of stock, but come to find out it was just not in the computer.

The only Red Copper Green is the conical, and it is probably 13-14mm, but if you preheat (and have no bubbles), and head slowly, we have it and it is cheap! But the next seafreight from Effetre does have the red copper green (at least I believe it does), and I think they found another 100 kg of Lace Agate, but you know something? I have learned to not get excited about what I think is in the shipment until I unpack and test.

Mike

tnehlers
2009-11-20, 7:37pm
I ordered the red copper green conical, and I pre-ordered the red copper green.