Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Wanted: CiM Unique Pumpkin !!!#4!!!

glass_gardener
2009-12-15, 11:34am
Anyone have any Unique Pumpkin of the #4 batch? The number on my last rod is 511223-4. It's much oranger and more translucent than any of the other Pumpkins. Will have big love for anyone who can find some for me!

Thanks,
Beverly

IF-Designs
2009-12-15, 11:37am
Beverly I will check my glass when I get home I know I purchased some pumpkin a while back but not sure which one it was. :)

BeadBlossoms
2009-12-15, 12:09pm
Going out to check.....

glass_gardener
2009-12-15, 12:32pm
Hey you guys are great! Thanks for checking. If noone can come up with any of this, maybe someone can suggest a substitute?

Beverly

tnehlers
2009-12-15, 1:21pm
That was a one-time unique from CiM - I bought mine from Frantz who is now out of stock. It is an awesome color - one of my favorites! I hope you find some :)

2kids&atorch
2009-12-15, 1:29pm
I have a half pound...will trade...e-mail me To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

glass_gardener
2009-12-15, 2:24pm
Hey 2kids - have mailed you.

glass_gardener
2009-12-15, 2:27pm
Theresa - yes I tried Frantz and Flamedame and several places last night. I had just switched to 104 when I bought this and had just little test 1/4#s of lots of things. Not knowing this would be gone, I waited til too late to replenish. Can you say, "Kick myself?" So sad it's gone...

tnehlers
2009-12-16, 7:46am
I know, me too. I bought 3/4lb and I have only melted one or two rods. I wish I had gotten at least 2lbs. Mike said he asked them to make more and they said no :(

GlassGalore
2009-12-16, 10:11am
Hey... not to Hijack your thread, but if anyone finds Unique #2 while they're looking and wants to sell or trade some, please PM me! :) No #4 in my stash though... sorry.

glass_gardener
2009-12-16, 12:18pm
Hey... not to Hijack your thread, but if anyone finds Unique #2 while they're looking and wants to sell or trade some, please PM me! :) No #4 in my stash though... sorry.

I was rescued by a very helpful elf - hope you find one, too!

mikefrantz
2009-12-16, 5:02pm
Anyone have any Unique Pumpkin of the #4 batch? The number on my last rod is 511223-4. It's much oranger and more translucent than any of the other Pumpkins. Will have big love for anyone who can find some for me!

Thanks,
Beverly

This is more of a yellow color than a pumpkin and yes we are out of it...according to our computer there is half a pound which usually means we have none.....but as I was observing the manager moving around the Messy Bins to make room for new colors I looked and saw some 511223-4, not much, a few pounds at most and if you tried to place an order for it the answer would be no because the computer says so. So in other words, to get some of this color you would need to speak to a sales rep and tell them that Mikey said there was a few pounds of it left in the back and that it was for sale, that easy!

Mike

tnehlers
2009-12-16, 5:17pm
I hope emailing works because I just did - I tried calling but apparently your sales line is closed. Fingers crossed!

PaulaD
2009-12-16, 8:42pm
Every one wants that color!!

glass_gardener
2009-12-16, 9:44pm
Now that it's no longer available!! Hope I can get a call in tomorrow morning. Meantime, looking forward to my other CiMs from you, Paula - thanks for the sale!

Every one wants that color!!

Shrimp
2009-12-16, 11:19pm
Devardi's Semi Opaque Burnt Caramel is really close to the #4 Pumpkin Unique. I have both, and the #4 Pumpkin is a tad bit lighter than the Burnt Caramel.

mikefrantz
2009-12-17, 1:17am

I am sitting at home and see a few posts on this thread and thought I would just make a short post. I was using the internet to see my glass inventory and there is not record of there ever being a Pumpkin Unique #2......but if you have one.....there must have been some because they do not skip the #2. I looked into our glass inventory and found that we had Pumpkin Unique 1, 3,4,5 and one that we named HONEY.

History of the PUMPKIN.

References to pumpkins date back many centuries. The name pumpkin originated from the Greek word for "large melon" which is "pepon." "Pepon" was nasalized by the French into "pompon." The English changed "pompon" to "Pumpion." Shakespeare referred to the "pumpion" in his Merry Wives of Windsor. American colonists changed "pumpion" into "pumpkin." The "pumpkin" is referred to in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater and Cinderella.

Native Americans dried strips of pumpkin and wove them into mats. They also roasted long strips of pumpkin on the open fire and ate them. The origin of pumpkin pie occurred when the colonists sliced off the pumpkin top, removed the seeds, and filled the insides with milk, spices and honey. The pumpkin was then baked in hot ashes.

Mike Frantz

tnehlers
2009-12-17, 10:06am
Thanks for the tip, Aleta. I don't know why, but I had it stuck in my head that devardi was silver glass, so I never bothered looking before. Since you posted about it I read the threads on it and then looked at their site. I had no idea they had such beautiful glass (and so cheap!). I ordered 5 lbs - one of the color you suggested (which does look very close) plus some others.

glass_gardener
2009-12-17, 10:38am
This is more of a yellow color than a pumpkin and yes we are out of it...according to our computer there is half a pound which usually means we have none.....but as I was observing the manager moving around the Messy Bins to make room for new colors I looked and saw some 511223-4, not much, a few pounds at most and if you tried to place an order for it the answer would be no because the computer says so. So in other words, to get some of this color you would need to speak to a sales rep and tell them that Mikey said there was a few pounds of it left in the back and that it was for sale, that easy!

Mike

Got some! Way to be paying attention, Mikey! Thanks!

Beverly

tnehlers
2009-12-17, 11:18am
I got some too - glad you got yours, Beverly!

Shrimp
2009-12-17, 10:11pm
I looked into our glass inventory and found that we had Pumpkin Unique 1, 3,4,5 and one that we named HONEY.

This is great news Mike. I thought for sure that Pumpkin #4 was going to be extinct like Vetrofond Poppy is.

The origin of pumpkin pie occurred when the colonists sliced off the pumpkin top, removed the seeds, and filled the insides with milk, spices and honey. The pumpkin was then baked in hot ashes.

Mike Frantz

That's not what I saw in one of my recent emails!

mikefrantz
2009-12-18, 1:18am
I got some too - glad you got yours, Beverly!

We are in the process of taking inventory and we found 20 more pounds of it, but I think we are limiting it to one pound per person, so now is you chance to get what was not available the day before.

Mike

tnehlers
2009-12-18, 6:54am
What is Honey? Can I order some of that too?

barbaracollins
2009-12-18, 4:31pm
Gone now!!

mikefrantz
2009-12-18, 5:29pm
What is Honey? Can I order some of that too?

The honey which was just 20 pounds was taken and put into the Artist Redemption store.....it may be listed available, if not, it will be soon.

Mike

GlassGalore
2009-12-18, 5:48pm
I am sitting at home and see a few posts on this thread and thought I would just make a short post. I was using the internet to see my glass inventory and there is not record of there ever being a Pumpkin Unique #2......but if you have one.....there must have been some because they do not skip the #2.

Just for curious minds... I double-checked my inventory and my CIM 223-2 was called Dark Pumpkin Unique and I bought it in August of 2007. It exists... really! :lol:

Shrimp
2009-12-18, 6:25pm
The honey which was just 20 pounds was taken and put into the Artist Redemption store.....it may be listed available, if not, it will be soon.

Mike

Could someone please direct me to the Artists Redemption Store?

GlassGalore
2009-12-18, 6:29pm
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mikefrantz
2009-12-19, 9:39am
Just for curious minds... I double-checked my inventory and my CIM 223-2 was called Dark Pumpkin Unique and I bought it in August of 2007. It exists... really! :lol:

During inventory I went back looking for the 511223-2 and it was there, while the other day I could not see it. There was very little left, under a pound.

We finished inventory except for one little area that is called Mike's Corner. This area of the building is where I put all my stuff that I do not want to deal with, such as sleeping bags, stuff that nobody would want but I can not toss out. Samples of colors, samples of beads, post cards, letters, samples and bundles of glass that we never could figure out what it was. This area is about ten feet by ten feet and about three feet tall. It grows like a cancer and each time I try to tackle it, it spreads more. We have a rather new employee at work who likes to clean and has said she would come in on a weekend and help me sort all my stuff and help me decide what to keep, what to toss away, what to sell. Maybe a fire pit that we can dance around as my life goes up in flames and I circle and chant "no more saving, no more saving"

But one never knows exactly what may be found. There could be colors that have never been seen before. Perhaps I should just roll the dumpster over to the building and just toss all of it away, start with a clean corner and toss away my past, get into my car and then drive off into the sunset.

Mikey

GlassGalore
2009-12-19, 6:34pm
If you want to get rid of the last bit of that Dark Pumpkin Unique so it does not add to your clutter pile, feel free to drop it in the box I have sitting on your HOLD shelf. PM me if you want my customer #. ;)

Throwing unknown glass in a dumpster is never an option, IMO. Then again, I don't have a warehouse with thousands of pounds of the stuff either. :lol:

angelique_redhead
2009-12-19, 8:05pm
My reaction was, "EEEK! NO!" I'm "funny" that way. *HUGS* :love: Angelique

During inventory I went back looking for the 511223-2 and it was there, while the other day I could not see it. There was very little left, under a pound.

We finished inventory except for one little area that is called Mike's Corner. This area of the building is where I put all my stuff that I do not want to deal with, such as sleeping bags, stuff that nobody would want but I can not toss out. Samples of colors, samples of beads, post cards, letters, samples and bundles of glass that we never could figure out what it was. This area is about ten feet by ten feet and about three feet tall. It grows like a cancer and each time I try to tackle it, it spreads more. We have a rather new employee at work who likes to clean and has said she would come in on a weekend and help me sort all my stuff and help me decide what to keep, what to toss away, what to sell. Maybe a fire pit that we can dance around as my life goes up in flames and I circle and chant "no more saving, no more saving"

But one never knows exactly what may be found. There could be colors that have never been seen before. Perhaps I should just roll the dumpster over to the building and just toss all of it away, start with a clean corner and toss away my past, get into my car and then drive off into the sunset.

Mikey

Elegance_1
2009-12-22, 9:49am
Well Mike, I love mystery glass. If you think it may end up in the dumpster, put it in a box, mark it Barb's dumpster and let me know the mailing cost. I'll be more than happy to take care of it for you. ;)

OR

You could put the bundle(s) in your points store. :-\"

nickandryan
2009-12-22, 2:14pm
Good idea Barb!!