Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Wanted: Big Hole Bead Caps

TeresaRB
2010-01-09, 8:49am
Not sure if I am posting this in the right place...direct me if it's not okay?

Wondering if anyone can tell me where to find 4-5mm "big hole" bead caps? Or are all these beautiful bead caps I'm seeing being handmade by the person displaying them on their beads?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give.

lenora
2010-01-09, 1:41pm
I think most people make their own but I've seen some for sale on Etsy. I used to sell some in my Etsy shop. You could search Etsy for beadcaps.

Donna T.
2010-01-09, 1:49pm
I got mine here. They were the cheapest I could find from all the links I was given and doing a google search. They worked perfectly.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ginko
2010-01-16, 8:40am
Many beadmakers are starting to make their own caps. I really like the look of the etched ones, but have not tried that yet.
The Fed Ex truck just left and I have a new disc cutter to cut blanks. Off to the shop to try it out... Check out my etsy page for beadcaps if you are still looking.

Laura B
2010-01-16, 8:57am
Many beadmakers are starting to make their own caps. I really like the look of the etched ones, but have not tried that yet.
The Fed Ex truck just left and I have a new disc cutter to cut blanks. Off to the shop to try it out... Check out my etsy page for beadcaps if you are still looking.

Which disc cutter did you get (if you don't mind me asking)?

The ones I'm looking at run between $200-$300.

ginko
2010-01-17, 10:53am
Otto Frei has several good ones including the Swanstrom(sp?). I have used several different ones. Mainly if you keep the tools lubricated, keep metals annealed, and watch alignment, the tools will last a very long time.

AlivELampworK
2010-01-17, 5:00pm
Which disc cutter did you get (if you don't mind me asking)?

The ones I'm looking at run between $200-$300.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

its great. i love it. i know they're sold out but you can always email them to see when they'll be restocking.

FourTailsLampwork
2010-01-25, 9:37am
I will likely be carrying some too; I should have them posted by Thursday. What diameter do you need? They will have 1/4" hole to accommodate tubing, but the OD of the disc can vary greatly. Generally I make 5/8" caps, but LMK if you want larger or a whit smaller, and if you want them spiral-stamped or plain.

EDITED TO ADD: My listing is live on Artfire as of tonight (Thursday). To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.