Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : ? about propane regulator

cherie
2010-01-26, 8:20am
My regulator is not working properly..I still get propane to my torch (I have a national), but it does not regulate the amount of flow..the needle is stuck at zero..how is this going to affect my torching? What about when I want to strike/reduce? Any suggestions? I cant afford another at the moment.

davelovins
2010-01-26, 8:39am
I have a national also. I am new to beads so I'm curios as to the responces to this question. Thanks
Dave

Dale M.
2010-01-26, 9:15am
Have you exercised regulator knob/"t" bar, does it make any difference?... Sometimes internal components of regulator get "stuck" it also may be that gauge has just failed and needs replacement....

OR regulator has failed because of improper shut down of regulator after torch session and improper pressurizing system when turning propane tank on....

Short dissertation on regulators...

http://www.artglassanswers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8

Dale

davelovins
2010-01-26, 9:34am
Thanks for the info Dale. Very insightful
Peace
Dave

cherie
2010-01-26, 3:45pm
Thanks for the info Dale..I will try working with it a bit more..it is freezing cold here so I was hoping that could be a problem also, but I brought it in to warm up..and still nothing.

Alaska
2010-01-26, 5:17pm
Are you using the standard gas grill type or the welding type?

If you desire to have good regulation for your propane then consider the use of an acetylene gas regulator and it will fit directly into your propane tank. Check with Air Gas/Air Liquide or any welding shop for cost. Or Craig's list for used one that is in good condition.

But perhaps that is what you are using and it is not working.