Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Cynthia Tilker's Encased Dichroic Floral Tutorial Now Available

glassactcc
2010-02-09, 11:09am
Hi everyone. I have completed a tutorial on Encased Florals with a Dichroic background, and surface decor.

It is 35 pages long, and has 75 pictures and lots of information about how I encase floral beads and tons of tips for making an encased bead.
193723 193722 193721 193720

The cost is $24.00. Here's a little sneak peek.

The link is below.

Encased Dichroic Floral Tutorial (http://www.etsy.com/shop/Glassactcc)

EmbellishYourself
2010-02-09, 11:17am
Oooh, I'm excited!! I need to save up for it first but it's top of my wish list!

Rose Leslie
2010-02-09, 11:35am
I have to wait to be paid before I order this one. Oh yes. That is going to be had soon.

josielv
2010-02-09, 11:38am
oooooooooooOOOOOoooooooooo

glassactcc
2010-02-09, 12:38pm
Thank you guys, for your interest:smile:

Jenfire
2010-02-09, 2:32pm
Could you put some more up in your shop, Please! Pretty Please! Thank you!
Jen

ROC
2010-02-09, 2:46pm
Yes, please list more. All I saw was the Keeper of the Thicket tutorial.

glassactcc
2010-02-09, 3:12pm
I'm sorry. I just realized that I didn't finalize my edit. It's there now. I have been on this computer for hours. My brain is starting to glitch.

Thanks!

ROC
2010-02-09, 3:14pm
Yay! I got mine. Thanks Cynthia!

glassactcc
2010-02-09, 3:26pm
Thank you so much Rachel:p

Deb Hopeful Journeys
2010-02-09, 3:53pm
Hi Cynthia. I very interested in purchasing your tutorial. How much do you go into information about using and applying dichro. I've had nothing but horrible experience with scumming and burning dichro. I've read lots and tried so many different things. If you could let me know. I'm not asking to give info away that is in the tut, just want to know if you cover this.

Thanks,

glassactcc
2010-02-09, 4:04pm
There is a complete section that explains how I handle and apply the dichro. It is is also gone over again, during the instructions for the actual making of the bead. And of course, if you do purchase any of my tut's, you will have access to me. Any questions or issues you might have, I will try to help. There is a lot of information in this tutorial. There is also an encasement section that explains how I encase. Really much more than just making the bead.

dgg112
2010-02-09, 6:10pm
Honey you need to fill up your Etsy store again!!!!

oops never mind I must have hit the wrong link!!!

glassactcc
2010-02-09, 6:12pm
ACK...I know. It's full now. I have been having technical difficulties, but thanks to my smart daughter, it is up and running.

dgg112
2010-02-09, 6:19pm
minus 1!!!
Thank goodness for our smart children, I would have never got my iphone programed without my son!!! lol

glassactcc
2010-02-09, 6:25pm
Oh your not kidding. I have two boys and a girl. Thank GOD they are all smart:biggrin:

Thank you so much for purchasing the tut. I hope you like it.

minus 1!!!
Thank goodness for our smart children, I would have never got my iphone programed without my son!!! lol

glassactcc
2010-02-09, 6:26pm
I edited the original post to show some of the important pages so you all know what it contains, and what supplies you will need.

mtuttle
2010-02-09, 8:26pm
I just ordered mine...Yeah!!! I loved being in your class, and I know I will enjoy haveing this tutorial! Mary

glassactcc
2010-02-09, 8:31pm
Thank you so much Mary:) I hope you enjoy it!

barbaracollins
2010-02-10, 4:58am
Yeah! See you soon in Indiana. Looking forward to it.

chrissy
2010-02-10, 7:44am
Congrats Cynthia, i will def. purchase mine asap!

glassactcc
2010-02-10, 8:16am
Thanks guys. See you in Indiana Barbara. It's right around the corner.

Rachel
2010-02-10, 9:59am
I had to have it. I have the other one too but I have been wanting to see this for a while. I think I even mentioned it to Cynthia at one point and she said she was considering it so I am glad that she did it. The first tutorial was great. I can't wait to dig in to this one!

glassactcc
2010-02-11, 10:41am
I would like to know if everyone is happy with the tutorial. Any issues or comments would be welcomed. In other words, how's everyone doin'. Gimmie some feedback.

dgg112
2010-02-11, 4:01pm
I have both of your tutorials and they are both great!!! I think the only thing that would make this one better is if you sent me the bead that was made in the tutorial, after all it's such an ugly bead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

I still look at my little keepers and marvel that I was able to make them!!!!

glassactcc
2010-02-12, 8:27am
Oh damn Debbie, I knew I forgot something. You know, the flowers in the bead in the tutorial was made with a color that I'm not too fond of. I forgot that when I picked up that color to use. Are you sure you still want it?:lol:

I have both of your tutorials and they are both great!!! I think the only thing that would make this one better is if you sent me the bead that was made in the tutorial, after all it's such an ugly bead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

I still look at my little keepers and marvel that I was able to make them!!!!

dgg112
2010-02-12, 9:43am
Oh damn Debbie, I knew I forgot something. You know, the flowers in the bead in the tutorial was made with a color that I'm not too fond of. I forgot that when I picked up that color to use. Are you sure you still want it?:lol:

It would be a burden for sure!!!! LOLOLOL:^o:^o

Ellen Black
2010-02-22, 6:21pm
:grin: Just ordered !

glassactcc
2010-02-22, 8:14pm
Oh, thank you Ellen. I better go and send it to you:shock:. It's on my other computer.

I would love to see any beads anyone has made:-)

Ellen Black
2010-02-25, 6:11am
FANTASTIC Tutorial ! Thank you !

lenora
2010-03-05, 9:48am
We need some pictures in this thread! I was kind of working on encased dichro florals but couldn't get it right until Cynthia's tutorial. I am soooo happy with how it's working for me now. I stuck with silver foil on the focal until I get some larger pieces of dichro and made a smaller bracelet bead with the dichro. I kept it pretty simple and learned to encase my vine cane so it didn't feather. LOL!

196555 196556

glassactcc
2010-03-05, 12:18pm
Lenora, those are just beautiful. Is that silver foil under the left one? I'm so glad you posted pictures. I want to see more.

lenora
2010-03-05, 2:34pm
Thank you so much Cynthia! I had been playing with florals before your tutorial came out, but I just couldn't get them right. Then...poof...I read your tut and it all came together. Now I have some great ideas to work with in the future as well! Yes, there is silver foil under the first one. It's hard to see in the photo. You can see it a bit on the ends. I didn't want to waste dichro trying to see if I could get it shaped properly and I need to get some larger pieces of dichro before I try it on the focal.

glassactcc
2010-03-05, 3:59pm
I'm so glad the tutorial helped. I just ordered some silver foil. I haven't used silver much, so we'll see. It looks great in your beads.

lenora
2010-03-05, 4:10pm
Thanks Cynthia! I'm a huge fan of your work and I'm so happy to be able to learn from you!

j2canoe
2010-03-11, 4:55am
Hi Cynthia!! You are the BOMB!!! I think I'm finally able to attempt the Keeper - so I bought both! And still wish you would write that book!!!! :) Cheers! Joan:)

glassactcc
2010-03-11, 8:45am
Thank you Joan. I would love to see what you make. The "Keepers" are so fun. These little guys start to appear right before your eyes. They have always been my favorite bead to make. Ok, I'll be waiting to meet him/her.

j2canoe
2010-03-11, 11:04am
!LOL!! OK Cynthia! Check back here in about, oh say.....4 or 5 years.....and I may (with the moon in the ascendant and the trades at my back) have a Keeper with possibly 1/2 to 1 face to show......:) I doubt I have the nerves of steel nor the consummate skill to work the tutorial - but I'm old and life is short (er) now, so I'm going to go for it!!!! Cheers! Joan:)

glassactcc
2010-03-11, 12:34pm
Oh geezzz... 4 or 5 years? I'll be making "Keepers" with white hair, false teeth, and dead flowers. Can you speed it up a little?:lol:

!LOL!! OK Cynthia! Check back here in about, oh say.....4 or 5 years.....and I may (with the moon in the ascendant and the trades at my back) have a Keeper with possibly 1/2 to 1 face to show......:) I doubt I have the nerves of steel nor the consummate skill to work the tutorial - but I'm old and life is short (er) now, so I'm going to go for it!!!! Cheers! Joan:)

j2canoe
2010-03-16, 5:09am
Hi Cynthia! Still working up the courage to try the Keeper - but, I did do the Dichroic tutorial (unfortunately without the dicro) - Your flower technique is amazing!!! The well written instructions allowed me to make a floral in record time with a minimum of angst and that actually looked halfway decent!! So now I have two flower types in my arsenal!! :) Here is a pic ...... Thanks, Cynthia!! (PS - this was the first bead using the tutorial - it is that well-written!!)

glassactcc
2010-03-16, 7:56am
Joan, it's beautiful:-P The petals are nice and sunk in the centers, and the color is fabulous. I'm so glad you found the tutorial complete and easy to follow. Always a worry when writing them. lovely flowers. You did a wonderful job and I want to see more, more, more!

dcaaw
2010-03-16, 8:18am
I am admirer or your work so I'm honored to purchase your tutorial, thank you so much. will post photos upon completion.

glassactcc
2010-03-16, 8:41am
Thank you so much Cathy. I'll be waiting for the pictures:)

Barbie Doll
2010-03-17, 6:01am
I got mine! Thanks so much! I can't wait to try it out this weekend. The bead on the Tutuorial is beautiful!

glassactcc
2010-03-17, 7:35am
Thank you Barb:)

Pat
2010-03-19, 7:13am
Cynthia, I bought your dichro tut but haven't received it as yet. I must admit I should be out working in the garden tho.

glassactcc
2010-03-19, 7:39am
Hi Pat. I just sent it this morning. Sorry for the wait. I was out all afternoon and evening. I know, the garden. I should be out there too:roll: Speaking of gardens, I went and saw Alice In Wonderland with my son last night, and all I kept thinking throughout the movie was "I want to make a BEAD of that"! It was visually stunning.

Pat
2010-03-19, 10:33am
Haha I bet you will too. Sorry I was impatient. Some of it is the difference in times we are probably in. I got it and I'm ready to go. I spent 2 1/2 hours weeding. About all I can handle in one day....I'm old. arg. I haven't seen the movie yet. But I love JD no matter what he is wearing. haha Thankyou for the great tut.

Pat
2010-03-22, 8:37am
Well this is my first attempt. It came out huge! I had one piece of unfused dichro and I managed to put the wrong side down, dammit I also thought the beautiful blue CIM sappharine color really was a disappointment in this bead.

glassactcc
2010-03-23, 8:45pm
Hey Pat. I think it turned out great. That was your first attempt? They do tend to grow don't they8-[ Now, you don't like the blue you used for the flowers? I think I like it. It's a soft kind of periwinkle blue.

Pat
2010-03-24, 7:28am
Well the CIM blue is so vibrant in the rod but looked washed out on the bead.
Where did you tell us your buy your scraps of dichro? please. I only have the fused rods.

glassactcc
2010-03-24, 7:45am
I buy mine at CRLoo. They have $50.00 1lb. scrap bags which last me a long time. They are pieces about 3" x 2" or so. They very but then I cut them down to whatever size I need.

dcaaw
2010-04-11, 11:12am
200699Cynthia: okay this is my first attempt at your wonderful tutorial, I'm sure I'll get better

j2canoe
2011-01-16, 2:52pm
OK - I finally got up the nerve to try Cynthia's tutorial the way she actually wrote it! :)

Pat
2011-01-17, 8:38pm
Beautiful job, Joan.

j2canoe
2011-01-18, 4:58am
Thanks Pat!!!! :)

Pat
2011-01-18, 8:14am
My first became a light pull. LOL

barbaracollins
2011-01-18, 12:23pm
Gorgeous! :love:

PattyK
2011-01-19, 10:24am
Wow! Gorgeous bead Joan!

How long did it take you to make it?

janetcameron
2011-01-20, 4:01am
I'm so glad you did this! Your work is just so amazing!!

glassactcc
2011-01-20, 8:39am
Joan, I LOVE that bead. I saw it in the S&T. It is SOOO sparkly. You rock with the goldstone. It looks like a big jewel.

j2canoe
2011-01-20, 8:56am
Thank you Cynthia!! :) Thank you for all of your help too!! I have been practicing the "whole bead heat method" this week and it seems to be getting rid of the micro-bubbles - now, if I can just remember to marver before encasing so my little petals don't fly away.........:) You really write Fabulous Tutorials!!!

Pat
2011-06-18, 7:16am
I revisited this tutorial. I finally got it down smaller. I'm disappointed that trying to round it up squishes the flowers out. My leaves got better, and a phone call in the middle of it didn't help.

glassactcc
2011-06-18, 7:37am
Pat, are you using the Osibin lentil marver or one of the shapers for this? If so, if your flowers are moving while shaping there are two things that could be happening. One is that when you are shaping, instead of "traveling" across the marver you might be spinning? Just lift and press, lift and press to shape. Once it's cooler you can spin a bit. Also, make sure there is a "skin" on the surface before adding glass.

Hope this helps you. I love the color of your flowers. I have been having an awful time with Cranberry and Rubino lately.

Pat
2011-06-18, 8:30am
wow you got here fast!! OK wait for the skin and don't travel. I still have some old Rubino in the dark rods that I only use for flowers. Thanks for the tips. I must say the pic makes the bead look even worse. Ugh.

glassactcc
2011-06-18, 8:32am
Wait. Do travel. Don't spin when the bead is still hot. Spinning moves the flowers. When you turn your bead on the marver, travel. Start at the back and actually roll the bead and move. Ya know what I mean?

Pat
2011-06-18, 3:20pm
UM NO...:) I just sorta rocked the bead back and forth a bit and then moved to the next spot. I think I need to make more than one in a sitting. ya know really working on each step. I tend to hurry because I'm afraid I won't keep it hot enuf. Or too hot and lose the shape. Makes me nervous. I thought about you the other day. I reached in the shorts bin and there was Hocus Pocus. Yikes!!

glasslass2
2011-06-20, 5:33pm
Cynthia, are you going to list any more of this tut? I checked your etsy, but didn't see it.
THanks

glassactcc
2011-06-21, 10:17am
Hi Kat. I think I must be out. I'll go and put more up.

glassactcc
2011-06-21, 10:17am
Rocking back and forth is fine. Just don't spin:smile:

UM NO...:) I just sorta rocked the bead back and forth a bit and then moved to the next spot. I think I need to make more than one in a sitting. ya know really working on each step. I tend to hurry because I'm afraid I won't keep it hot enuf. Or too hot and lose the shape. Makes me nervous. I thought about you the other day. I reached in the shorts bin and there was Hocus Pocus. Yikes!!

terryl
2011-08-13, 8:45pm
I am sorry but I just don't see where this tutorial is listed on easy. Was gonna buy it too.

Terryl