Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : New Torch now what?

Deb Hopeful Journeys
2006-03-01, 4:28pm
Ok my Minor arrived today. I purchased a 25 ft long hose along with 1 regulator. I have no clue what to do now. I plan on getting a concentrator but am wondering if I can torch with tanked oxy until I purchase one? Would I need another regulator?

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Deb in MN

kbinkster
2006-03-01, 4:46pm
Congratulations!

Well, if you want to use tanked oxy, you will need an oxy regulator and an oxygen hose.

How long until you plan to get a concentrator?

Judi_B
2006-03-01, 4:48pm
Yes, you will need an oxygen regulator to use a tank. No regulator needed for a concentrator. If you want a concentrator, www.hobbiesforus.com has good prices, 1 year warranty and quick delivery. Several people on LE have gotten concentrators from them. Mine arrived in less than a week.

Deb Hopeful Journeys
2006-03-01, 4:54pm
Thanks for the responses. I think I have the hose. When I ordered it I told them that I was going to use propane. I was told that I needed 1 regulator and then I also ordered the hose. The hose arrived and there are 2, I think. One is green and one is red. The regulator I ordered is for the propane.

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

Deb in MN

kbinkster
2006-03-01, 5:01pm
Good, you've got the hoses. The red one is for your propane. The green is for your oxy. You can use the same hose for both a concentrator or a tank.

smutboy420
2006-03-02, 3:30pm
You just need to find an oxygen regulator. To hook up to the tank of oxygen. and you'r all set. sucks if you are only going to be needing it for a short while but you could prob sell it if un needed after geting your concentrator. or have it for when you do need to use a tank at some other point.

Dale M.
2006-03-03, 9:00am
By time you get oxygen regulator and fool around with getting oxygen tank (cost wise) it would be about same cost as getting concentrator. IF ultimately you want concentrator, get it now, it is more cost effective.

http://www.artglassanswers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12
http://www.artglassanswers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

Dale