Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Easy encasing for florals (well, easiER!)

Lisi
2005-07-11, 11:27am
Another member requested that I share this little tutorial I wrote on another forum about how I encased florals. This involves encasing just the petals, a technique I learned through a few of the tutorials in Cindy Jenkins' book Beads of Glass, and some tips from Corina's book, Passing the Flame.

I was having difficulty with the "swipe method" encasing, and was delighted to find that I could get away with "dot encasing" over just the petals in layers and be pretty happy with the end result! Now, keep in mind that I am no pro with this method, and encasing florals at all, but this made the whole thing easier for me!

Oh, here's an addition to the tutorial: You can make a small colored (I use greens) barrel shaped bead and swipe case over that with clear or any other transparent to become the base bead for your petals. This way you have the colored core magnified as a background for the florals. What's pretty is a multicolored vine stringer as the core color. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225979&highlight=encased+florals

Bubbyanne
2005-07-12, 7:20am
Thank you Lisa, :biggrin:
Mmmmmmmwwwwwaaaah! :kiss:
Gonna try it next time I get some torch time. ;-)
Barb

anissa
2005-07-12, 9:36pm
I am going to have to try this. I can't tell you how many nights I have spent pulling my hair out just trying to get something that just resembles a flower. :???:Thanks for the tip!!

xtine sutter
2006-09-06, 1:21pm
Oh thanks! I am not too great at flowers and every little tip helps! thanks!

Tnafbrat
2008-12-08, 7:51am
I know this is a couple of years later, but thanks! I've been going a bit banannas. I'd gotten it down fairly decently on a flameworks torch, but I've moved up to a big girl torch and all my pretty flowers have been melting out and "smearing" when I encase, so I'm having to "re-learn".

PurpleCatJewels
2008-12-08, 8:10am
Thanks so much, a great reminder!
Haven't attempted florals for a while...](*,)

LOVE the tiny tiny beads, I can go with that :-D

Now it's more PPP

~Rachelle :-D