Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Red racecar for a special boy

BOCprogram
2010-03-01, 6:15pm
Trent is a 2 year old boy who lives in Texas. He has a rare cancer called neuroblastoma. He loves race cars especially red and green ones.

If you are up to a fun challenge to make this special race car, Trent and his family would love it!

You can reply below if you are interested, and the first one to post a "yes" then we will be in touch!

Colin, Program Director for Beads of Courage, Inc.

NLC Beads
2010-03-01, 9:52pm
I'll give it a shot when I torch tomorrow... If anyone else wants to try also, please do, in case my attempt isn't worthy.

WildatHeart
2010-03-01, 11:45pm
I'll give it a shot also. Probably some other little boys that like race cars as well, so if we end up with more than one I'm sure won't be a problem. :-)

Colin, can you send more details? A plain red or plain green car, or a red & green car? Race car means they typically have a # on them, any particular #? A specific type of race car mentioned?

:-)
Beth

LoriGreenberg
2010-03-02, 9:42am
Think of the movie Cars. I think those are the ones he likes. And yes, extras/more will always go to some happy little kiddo!

Elizabeth Beads
2010-03-02, 11:27am
I'd like to see what others come up with. I'm game for anything but this one evades the powers of my imagination. I was looking at a matchbox race car and wondering if I could use it to make a ceramic mold - if I only had ceramic clay and a way to fire it.

:)

BOCprogram
2010-03-02, 1:47pm
You all are awesome! Thanks in advance for your time and imagination! I can't wait to see them and I know Trent will love it! You can drop in the mail to Beads of Courage, 5301 S. Houghton Road, Tucson, AZ 85747...

Thanks for making his Dream bead come true! "if you could have any bead, what would it be?"....

chrissij
2010-03-03, 7:16am
I'll try...

Inspiration:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Riley:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rosebud101
2010-03-03, 9:53am
I made a little red car today, but I'm not sure it's a race car. I'll post photos later.

NLC Beads
2010-03-03, 12:49pm
Made one I like last night - I'll post a photo tonight and pop it in the mail with this month's donations as well.

rosebud101
2010-03-03, 8:30pm
That is cute, Nikki! My car turned out to be coral. I'll give it another try, but I really like yours.

Deb Hopeful Journeys
2010-03-03, 8:34pm
That is ADORABLE. WTG Nikki!

WildatHeart
2010-03-03, 11:22pm
Way cute, Nikki! I'm not sure if I'll show mine or not now. :-/

Here goes nothing, not sure if any kids will want them or not, but will get them sent just in case.196390

Beth

Deb Hopeful Journeys
2010-03-03, 11:37pm
Beth, I love yours too. They remind me of the car from CARS.

NLC Beads
2010-03-04, 7:46am
Thanks for the compliments, ladies, and Beth, he's awesome!!! Send him in!!

Prayers for whoever gets the cars to be telling stories about how they earned them for the rest of their very long lives... :love:

Lynn Burgess
2010-03-04, 11:01am
Great job ladies. Way to pull through for the little fella. He will love them.

theglasszone
2010-03-04, 2:48pm
These are super cute! I know he's gonna LOVE THEM! :)

Pat
2010-03-04, 3:52pm
Great cars ya'all.

Sue in Maine
2010-03-04, 5:54pm
You all make me proud to be a lampworker! I'm tearing up as I see those cars...

Sue

glassgal
2010-03-04, 7:19pm
Those are great. If I can get out in the studio soon, I'll try a few.

Chris Hansen
2010-03-05, 10:41am
Wow - what terrific cars! I don't know that I'd even attempt something like that (I have a feeling it might end up looking like something that had gone through the wrecking yard already, LOL), so everyone who DID give it a shot gets a gold star from me. Way to go!

BOCprogram
2010-03-05, 2:57pm
This is perfect!!! Very creative and incredible talent! Trent is going to love it!

Thank you!
Colin & Beads of Courage

BOCprogram
2010-03-05, 2:58pm
WOW! Look at these! Thank you for making his Dream Bead come true!

Feel free to drop them in the mail to our headquarters. They will be perfectly packaged and sent to the recipient!

Sincerely,
Colin & Beads of Courage

Lara
2010-03-05, 9:09pm
Those are great!

Misty Floyd
2010-04-04, 4:20pm
Hi guys! I'm Trent's mom and I am so blown away by all of you guys and your love for children like my son! It is impossible to put into words the gratitude I feel for people like you who give of yourselves and your talent to bring a smile to a child's face. These kids have to endure so many horrible things that no human should face and the beads you make help to give them something tangible to be proud of. Trent LOVES all of his beads and always wants to play with them. The only thing he loves more is cars so this will be the best gift he could receive. I wish I could personally meet and thank all of you for what you do. Just know how you are blessing others and I pray the Lord will bless you all in return!! Thank you!!! Misty