Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Gaffer Glass Purple Hearts

LoriGreenberg
2010-03-06, 5:29pm
I came home from Tucson with some Gaffer glass to play with from the Gaffer Girls.

If you're struggling with getting a nice purple for purple hearts, maybe their glass can help. Here are some of my experiments:

Unfortunately, I don't know their glass well enough yet to tell you what the name of each color is, but I bet they could!

Shrimp
2010-03-06, 5:32pm
All are nice, but I like the top left one best.

NLC Beads
2010-03-06, 5:32pm
I've used some of the veiled cane for butterflies and absolutely adore it - wonderful colors, and melts so nicely. Thanks for sharing your hearts!

loribeads
2010-03-26, 10:44am
Gorgeous hearts, Lori!!
Where do you get the veiled cane? Do the Gaffer:love:Girls have it?

LoriGreenberg
2010-03-26, 10:52am
They do! I got mine a few years back from Gail Joseph in Tucson. I think she only carries veiled but the Gaffer Girls carry it all.

Karen Hardy
2010-03-26, 10:56am
I'm assuming that's the same 96 COE stuff?

You know, the GREAT thing about gaffer is you
can pile a bootyload of 96 COE frit on it too.

And gaffer glass is SOOO beautiful. I have some of
Gail's and a stash from someone else. It's like
the best kept secret in the 96 COE world.

A secret that needs to be shared :wink:.

Lori, I LOVE the wispy trails of purple you got in those hearts!
I can never get them to look that nice!

LoriGreenberg
2010-03-26, 11:29am
Yes, it's the 96 COE, all truly compatible with itself.

I didn't do anything special to get those wispy trails. It just happened that way.

mona & the girls
2010-03-26, 4:17pm
hi everyone ... just popping in 2 say we're not sure either ...
some gorgeous purple's Lori's playing with ...

G113 heliotrope
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

G114 purpur
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

G115 violet

G116 lavender

have fun purple cane opaques available ..

mona & the girls

Marcy
2010-03-26, 8:46pm
Oh those are so pretty! Thanks Mona.

MerryFool
2010-03-26, 11:30pm
My friend has been working with Gaffer's frit over the last year, doing experiments and trying all the colours out over a variety of glass base colours; clear, black, white, ivory...
She's going to put it all together as a reference when she's done!

demcc2
2010-03-27, 12:45pm
I make my BOC butterflies EXCLUSIVELY with Gail's glass! I'll post some when I have some more made

Duane

They do! I got mine a few years back from Gail Joseph in Tucson. I think she only carries veiled but the Gaffer Girls carry it all.