Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : ATTN: Mike Frantz

SuzyQ
2010-03-27, 3:50pm
Rumor has it you would consider doing a hand pull of color if there was enough interest. What would we have to do to get a pull of pale emerald green, dark silver plum or any other old hand pulled color we long to have?

playswithfire104
2010-03-27, 5:14pm
Maaybe EDP?!

mikefrantz
2010-03-27, 7:56pm
Rumor has it you would consider doing a hand pull of color if there was enough interest. What would we have to do to get a pull of pale emerald green, dark silver plum or any other old hand pulled color we long to have?

In regards to pale emerald green, are you perhaps referring to 591031 by hand? If so I have a small amount, but in 7-8, 8-9,10-11mm and a few larger rods left over from a handpulled run for a customer.

I 'THINK' I have some 275 by hand at the old hand pulled price. I just thought nobody would pay extra, so I put it into the vault, now I will have to find the vault!

Like I said, I have to order a minimum amount of around 250 pounds, and for me to do this, I need to get orders for 125 pounds and the price will be more expensive and there would be some months before I took deliver. If the factory can make it within a week or two and it comes by air (another $2.00 to the cost) I could have any color pulled by hand that has been made by machine in around 3 or 4 weeks. If the factory has to wait a few weeks to make it and if it goes by sea, then we are looking at closer to three months.

But, the problem if it is a problem is that while it is made by hand, I have not control over the color and if it comes out looking not what you expected, you still have to buy it and I get stuck with the rest. It is a gamble....are you ready to roll the dice!

Mike

mikefrantz
2010-03-27, 7:57pm
Maaybe EDP?!

EDP or 591254 Purple is made by hand and not yet by machine. We have to different tonalities at this time. I do not know if the finished bead is much different, but the rods look different.

Mike F.

playswithfire104
2010-03-27, 8:01pm
Oh yeah the finished bead, twistie, and stringer are different!! The last batch I got from you is terrible awful horrible!!!!! I just chalked it up to being the new stuff we are stuck with now.

SuzyQ
2010-03-28, 4:28am
Yes 591031, but the coke bottle version. I know I got this color from you more than 2 years ago and it was more like yellow green. When did they start making this by machine? If you have the coke bottle version I'll take it in any size you'll give me! Rod width only bothers me when they are too thin.

As for doing the pull I was afraid it was not a sure thing. Part of the mysteries of glass. Guess I'm going to have to move to Murrano and have a torrid affair with someone who will make me color time and again to get me the right shades. Or just keep waiting and being thrilled with the color you bring instead. It's a lot easier, lol.

When I was there a year and a half ago I saw the most gorgeous slightly gray aqua green being used in the glass jewelry shops. It was the color of the water in the canal on a sunny day and I wanted it so badly. Of course I was told it was color pulled for the family to use. I knew better than to ask if I could buy some

You know the rolling of the dice idea still appeals to me... but what if I ended up with Fish Pink? :D

mikefrantz
2010-03-28, 12:34pm
Yes 591031, but the coke bottle version. I know I got this color from you more than 2 years ago and it was more like yellow green. When did they start making this by machine? If you have the coke bottle version I'll take it in any size you'll give me! Rod width only bothers me when they are too thin.

As for doing the pull I was afraid it was not a sure thing. Part of the mysteries of glass. Guess I'm going to have to move to Murrano and have a torrid affair with someone who will make me color time and again to get me the right shades. Or just keep waiting and being thrilled with the color you bring instead. It's a lot easier, lol.

When I was there a year and a half ago I saw the most gorgeous slightly gray aqua green being used in the glass jewelry shops. It was the color of the water in the canal on a sunny day and I wanted it so badly. Of course I was told it was color pulled for the family to use. I knew better than to ask if I could buy some

You know the rolling of the dice idea still appeals to me... but what if I ended up with Fish Pink? :D

I would never drink or swim in the water in the canals of Murano or Venice, summer or winter, fairly yucky, but.........if you were to give me more information I might be able to find the color. I would need a piece of glass made from the color rods that you would like. Unlikely, but no impossible!

Yes, it is a roll of the dice for sure, but sometimes you get surprised:) I would say they began making 031 by machine within the past year and we probably ran out of the handmade stuff six months ago.

On Monday I can search out the larger diameter and send you a sample or you can roll the dice and get what you get. I have only 20 pounds or so and I probably will never make it again as this shipment will last my customer for years and years.

Mike

mini
2010-03-28, 1:41pm
Oh yeah the finished bead, twistie, and stringer are different!! The last batch I got from you is terrible awful horrible!!!!! I just chalked it up to being the new stuff we are stuck with now.

The last batch of Rubino I got is also completely vile! It's like milky or something. Yuk! Makes me want to throw it away... Ugh!

SuzyQ
2010-03-28, 1:43pm
Oh I was totally grossed out by that water. We stayed in the Hilton across from Venice. It took longer to get across than it would have to swim. But the thought made me cringe, lol.

I didn't buy anything made from that glass. I should have.

I'll email you about the emerald. Thanks!

midniteburner
2010-03-29, 2:17am
I would love the pale emerald green and EDP too!!!

Sara

mikefrantz
2010-06-30, 9:53am

I should have an airfreight arriving sometime next week. It will be available at ISGB. Probably it will be available at Frantz sometime around the 20th of July.

The Handpulled colors will be 591275 and 591031. We will still continue to carry the machine pulled variety.

We also will be receiving some Choco Latto, the tonality/color of this newest production is unkown at this time.

A new color from Effetre (Sunset) will be on this airfreight as well.

Also should be more Calico, but we still have some in stock and I think it is one of the best colors! But it is new and not really flying off the shelf at this point, but I think it is only a matter of time.

But then that is my opinion and I am not always right, I remember when I wanted to take 400 or more pounds of Amber Rose and toss it in the landfill......................oops

We continue to bring in new color and will probably make available a few more machine made color my hand method. I think the 275 and 031 are important ones.

Most of the transparents are the same by machine or hand, but there was a huge difference in the 031.

I have contacted Effetre and they have provided me a list of the colors that they fill are different when made by hand verses made by machine.

Some of the difference are slight and might be a bad investment, while some have large difference and would be a good investment, and in these economic times, smart decision are very important.

Mike

NLC Beads
2010-06-30, 10:55am
Will there be more Caribbean Sea as well?

Flonche
2010-06-30, 12:39pm
Thank you molto bene for the update, Mike

Dreamscapes Studio
2010-06-30, 3:13pm
Any chance we'll ever get a nice opaque grapey purple?

Sort of like a cross between EDP and Vinaca?

Amethyst is so blah, can't seem to get the "good version" of EDP anymore and Vinaca is just sooo dark and transparent ... would LOVE to have a nice RICH OPAQUE GRAPE PURPLE.

Elizabeth Beads
2010-06-30, 3:50pm
Any chance we'll ever get a nice opaque grapey purple?

Sort of like a cross between EDP and Vinaca?

Amethyst is so blah, can't seem to get the "good version" of EDP anymore and Vinaca is just sooo dark and transparent ... would LOVE to have a nice RICH OPAQUE GRAPE PURPLE.

Consider CiM Grape Ape. Or for a more translucent version, CiM Eggplant.

mikefrantz
2010-06-30, 4:33pm
Will there be more Caribbean Sea as well?

I am sure we have Caribbean Sea for sale.

Mike