Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : well here it is I am in trouble!

meadowesky
2006-03-07, 2:18am
yes I know I need ventilation, I have an open window and a fan behind me. No it is not adequate.
Yes I know I need to put my propane outside. And see all of those bottles of half full mapp gas? Those need to go too.

I cant do alot to this house cause I am renting it. So no big holes in the wall so I have made due for now. My house should FINALLY be closing soon! Then I can do what I want! We are getting a construction loan on top of the regular so I have a decent budget for my studio. Not huge but decent. Right now I am crammed in my daughters old room with boxes EVERYWHERE! Ohh I will be so glad when this is over!

Good news is that my glass collection is slowly growing. And I even bought a marver today... I heard those are good to have. LOL When I started I had 1 of the hobby lobby assortment packs. Pathetic! I needed one 12" section of pvc! LOL But here it is..

I built that table isnt it pretty??? LOL

Firelilly
2006-03-07, 3:52am
Hiya! :waving:

Is that a curtain hanging on the window? I think I would for sure take that down. A hot piece of glass could pop off a rod and land on it...or a breeze, when you have the window open for ventilation, could blow the curtain into the flame, no?

Good luck with your house closing and with getting another spot set up where you'll be able to get that propane outside!

Your table is cool! Love the tile!

Lil

meadowesky
2006-03-07, 10:59am
ya know, that is a good point! I will have to move it. Atleast I can do that much

sassy
2006-03-07, 2:37pm
Hope you get set up in your new house soon. For now just please be careful.

Dread
2006-03-17, 7:58am
Not to say its right - but go buy a window exhaust fan that will sin inside your window and draw air out - your right in front of it and make sure you have other doors in the room open for fresh air to come into the room

Also buy a CO2 monitor and have it plugged in close to you it will monitor any carbon monoxide build up

Definetly put that propane tank outside ! - if it should leak you could be in trouble.

You can use anyof the above in your new home when you move.

Also get a fire extinguisher that you have by your door into the room

just some suggestions for you

Just Nancy
2006-03-19, 7:29am
Whoo hoo. How exciting.

I agree that a fan in the window may start as ventilation. I have a 350 cfm fan in my window and it passes the incense test. I plan to upgrade but for now at least I'm removing some of the fumes. In the mean time I don't use much frit and I don't fume.

Count me in the I have propane in my studio. The think the oxygen tank will always be there. I have never had either in the house but I did have my generic MAPP (can't spell it at the moment ~ propelyne?) in the basement (and both tanks in the garage before moving to my new studio). It made my insurance agent happy if I only had it in the house when I worked and stored it outside the rest of the time. Good luck finding the safest way to torch.