Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Tungston Poker - Larger Sizes?

MACE Glass
2010-05-06, 6:12pm
Is there anyone that carries a 1/4" and/or a 1/3" tungston poker?

Cosmo
2010-05-07, 6:48am
What would you need one that large for?

I googled 1/4" tungsten rod and came up with a lot of results. You could probably just buy one and use some chem-sharp to sharpen it.

ABR Dave
2010-05-07, 7:21am
we have a 5/32

we don't see them much bigger than that very often.

it has a nice handle too

MACE Glass
2010-05-07, 7:45am
What would you need one that large for?

I googled 1/4" tungsten rod and came up with a lot of results. You could probably just buy one and use some chem-sharp to sharpen it.

I would like to pierce my bails in the size hole that I want. I have found that the 1/4" and 1/3" is a size that allows most necklaces to fit. I'm looking for a way to consistantly have the same exact size (besides making a bead and attaching it).

MACE Glass
2010-05-07, 7:45am
we have a 5/32

we don't see them much bigger than that very often.

it has a nice handle too

I'll probably order that 5/32 and some other tools with my glass order in a few weeks!

Cosmo
2010-05-07, 8:58am
I would like to pierce my bails in the size hole that I want. I have found that the 1/4" and 1/3" is a size that allows most necklaces to fit. I'm looking for a way to consistantly have the same exact size (besides making a bead and attaching it).

It works a lot better to pierce it then shape the hole with graphite. I pierce with a standard 3/32" tungsten then I use a pointed 1/4" graphite rod to shape the hole. I shape until the rod goes through the hole. That way every pendant has the same 1/4" hole in it.

The graphite shapes MUCH better than tungsten does too.

MACE Glass
2010-05-07, 10:56am
It works a lot better to pierce it then shape the hole with graphite. I pierce with a standard 3/32" tungsten then I use a pointed 1/4" graphite rod to shape the hole. I shape until the rod goes through the hole. That way every pendant has the same 1/4" hole in it.

The graphite shapes MUCH better than tungsten does too.

Thanks for the head's up!

How did you get the point on the graphite rod (if I may ask)?

Right now I've been using peter's tweezers and then a brass reamer but can't get the consistancy that I want.

Cosmo
2010-05-07, 11:12am
I stuck the end of the rod in an electric pencil sharpener.