Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Leak ?

jaylee78
2006-03-14, 8:56am
I have a leak where my hose and regulator meet. I've tightened the hose, it's still there. Do I need to get a new hose?

FYI - Propane

Dale M.
2006-03-14, 4:44pm
Is it at the brass nut and regulator connection or is it where hose and ferrels (crimped sleeve) are connected to the nut portion of connection...

Dale

jaylee78
2006-03-14, 4:47pm
Is it at the brass nut and regulator connection or is it where hose and ferrels (crimped sleeve) are connected to the nut portion of connection...

Dale

Where the brass nut and regulator connect. I can not tighten it any more, though.

Dale M.
2006-03-14, 9:08pm
ok... Take connection apart and clean it up and check things out.... Its a "B" style connection meaning the end of hose (look inside nut) has rounded center and it is supposed to seat in the tapered part of mate connector of regulator. By leaking its trying to tell you there is dirt or a metal burr or something it does not like in way connection is being made. These are "metal to metal" connections and any imperfection in mating surfaces will allow the thing to leak.

Dale

jaylee78
2006-03-15, 7:02am
Thanks Dale!

MikeAurelius
2006-03-15, 7:22am
If it still leaks after cleaning, your only recourse is to take the regulator to a local welding shop (take the hose as well) and have them replace the fittings on both the hose and the regulator.

You can probably replace the fitting on the hose yourself, but I'd suggest having the welding supply company do the replacement on the regulator to maintain the warranty, as well as being sure that the proper sealants and torque is applied during reassembly.